Wrestling Forum banner

181 - 200 of 585 Posts

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
Re: Spider-Man: Far From Home (July 5, 2019)

Probably a cameo of some sort. I don't think they would want to throw too much in this movie, he'd probably be there just to remind us, that he isn't going anywhere.
Agreed.

This is no doubt in part because I'm a fan of his, but I'm hoping Michael Keaton is the long game bad guy.

He was obviously the main bad guy in Homecoming but with a few upgrades to to Vulture gear I could easily seeing him being the bad guy in the finale of this incarnation of Spider-Man, or at least this multi-movie story arch depending on how long they go with Holland.

·
Registered
991 Posts

I was thinking Far From Home was Spider-man send into the multiverse with other versions of Spider-men in it , but the water, sand and fire monsters are The Elementals is what I'm guessing

·
Registered
5,401 Posts

Probably going to set up the third movie with him and Scorpion.
I got the impression that Vulture didn't want to work with Scorpion. It wasn't exactly clear why... perhaps he didn't want anyone getting to Parker before he could, perhaps he wanted to protect Parker, perhaps he just didn't want to get involved in anything while his trial was pending.

The wanting to protect Parker angle seems kinda interesting. I like the idea that Parker managed to earn Vulture's respect. But then maybe Vulture gets coerced or blackmailed into reluctantly working against Parker again only to eventually team up and take out the baddies together. Could be a fun story.

Goblin, Doc Oc, and Venom will always be Spidey's top villains to me.

·
The face that runs the List
10,738 Posts

Everything in the MCU has been very grounded so far except for Dr Strange and his magic, it will be interesting to see how they will handle those supernatural villains.

I still want Scorpion though

·
Registered
2,051 Posts

The complaints that people are attaching Disney's name to aren't decisions Disney made which is my point, such as the casting which is a major complaint people have been adding as a Feige/Marvel decision. Which outside of Holland wasn't their decision at all. And then all the other shit outside of some of the story elements like the absence of the real Mary Jane, the way Flash is being handled, etc. That was Sony. So in that regard yeah Sony can get some of the hate being thrown Marvel's way. As I said there's really only so much Marvel really did, but Sony still had majority control over this. There control probably seems smaller in comparison to Feige's overall direction, but it definitely has their fingerprints over it. To clarify a bit more, Feige had a handle on the storyline and development on some of the characters, but the rest of everything else going on was Sony. You really think Kevin Feige just said no to using Uncle Ben, MJ, etc? When the MCU box office depends on being as comic book accurate as possible with licensing? Get real.

Edit: Outside of Holland, Vulture, Mysterio that is re:Feige and casting.
You are really letting Marvel off the hook when it comes to Homecoming's fuck ups. The Producer (who worked on previous MCU films) basically confirmed that they could've used characters from the previous films but they (Marvel) chose not to because they wanted to go in a different direction not because Sony vetoed their ideas like you're implying. The way Flash is casted and treated as well as Michelle is all on Marvel, Sony just gave them their blessings. Since when has the MCU been known for being comic book accurate? Remember Iron Man 3?

Link: https://www.slashfilm.com/spider-man-homecoming-set-visit/

·
Registered
2,051 Posts

I got the impression that Vulture didn't want to work with Scorpion. It wasn't exactly clear why... perhaps he didn't want anyone getting to Parker before he could, perhaps he wanted to protect Parker, perhaps he just didn't want to get involved in anything while his trial was pending.

The wanting to protect Parker angle seems kinda interesting. I like the idea that Parker managed to earn Vulture's respect. But then maybe Vulture gets coerced or blackmailed into reluctantly working against Parker again only to eventually team up and take out the baddies together. Could be a fun story.

Goblin, Doc Oc, and Venom will always be Spidey's top villains to me.
Spider-Man and Vulture teaming together? I hope that isn't the case at all.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts

Everything in the MCU has been very grounded so far except for Dr Strange and his magic, it will be interesting to see how they will handle those supernatural villains.
It's way more probable that these are just illusions or automatons created by Mysterio, and meant to be a nod to Hydroman, Sandman and Moltenman, and not actual elementals.

·
The face that runs the List
10,738 Posts

It's way more probable that these are just illusions or automatons created by Mysterio, and meant to be a nod to Hydroman, Sandman and Moltenman, and not actual elementals.
So that would mean he's trying to look good fighting the things he created himself and is actually the villain ? Reminds me of Syndrome from The Incredibles

·
Registered
2,051 Posts

Plus Jameson was a big supporter of Mysterio. Not sure why we couldn't get that in this movie. For all we know, nobody in New York thinks of Spider-Man as a criminal in this universe (or if Jameson even knows if he exists).

I love Spidey but this movie looks too childish. Disney has ruined everything
Sony is at fault too. They gave Disney/Marvel Creative Control and they had the power to veto certain things (since they have the final say) and they chose not to.

Cool Posters, WAY better than the Homecoming ones. Not sure why they are so obsessed with taking him out of New York though.

I hate the support cast - Fake Tumbler MJ and Ned are awful
Don't forget about Flash, Betty Brant, and Liz. I still can't believe they dropped the ball on Flash, Peter looks like he can kick his ass.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts

Plus Jameson was a big supporter of Mysterio. Not sure why we couldn't get that in this movie. For all we know, nobody in New York thinks of Spider-Man as a criminal in this universe (or if Jameson even knows if he exists).

Sony is at fault too. They gave Disney/Marvel Creative Control and they had the power to veto certain things (since they have the final say) and they chose not to.

Cool Posters, WAY better than the Homecoming ones. Not sure why they are so obsessed with taking him out of New York though.

Don't forget about Flash, Betty Brant, and Liz. I still can't believe they dropped the ball on Flash, Peter looks like he can kick his ass.
honestly don't know how I forgot to put the new Flash in there - he looks like he can be bullied by a 4 year old so the idea of him bullying Peter is laughable...

and the whole Penis Parker thing fpalm

·
Premium Member
44,021 Posts

A little too much Happy Hogan in that trailer.

Also, I'm confused. So the post snap world is 5 years after Infinity War, yet everyone in Peter's high school appears to be the same age. Did they ALL get snapped and brought back? I know the snap was random, but that's a hell of a convenient occurrence, ain't it?

181 - 200 of 585 Posts