Wrestling Forum banner

Sounds like WWE getting worse at live event

3686 Views 37 Replies 27 Participants Last post by  SashaBanksisGOAT
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Sounds like wwe getting worse at live event

I was reading the comments on the page it said parents was covering their kids ears when Rey Mysterio was telling them chant dick sucker. The company gone been really bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
4,210 Posts

Rey gives 0 fucks now lol. Hes set for life he dont have much to worry about as far as WWE is concerned.

Also to..I mean WWE would never allow it but I think in Hispanic territories these kinds of chants are encouraged.

I could be wrong about that but I know Cody was unbeknowningly a part of that "******" chant in spanish in Mexico

· WF's #1 Mox fan.
27,637 Posts

Why is Roman on the header for that article? He wasn't at that show and he doesn't even get booed that much anymore LOL.

I went to a live event for Smackdown last week and it was great :shrug A bunch of fun matches and a good crowd.

Reactions: southrnbygrace

· You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,798 Posts

what was rey thinking? did wwe know he was going to do that?

Reactions: Mahmenn

· Registered
1,580 Posts

I doubt Rey would tell the crowd to chant that especially in front of little kids. He most likely told the crowd to chant Mamon' which has a couple of diff meanings or slang in spanish like Sucker, Dumbass etc.

· Registered
511 Posts
Another negative WC WWE article. That's like couple of times each day since AEW debuted. No coincidence I bet.

And they point out attendance when there looked to be 20,000 at that show

This company is in shambles right now...Give No Fucks Rey giving Randy a run for his money lmao
Shambles how?

Financially the company has never been this successful.

Maybe creatively you don't like it because your guy didn't win?

The top 5 talents in the company are early 30s outside Brock who is one of biggest draws of all time.

Even if Rey said that which I haven't seen proof is it any worse than what DX, Austin etc were saying 20 years ago.

We have gone from Vince pulling down his pants and making people kiss his ass on air and HHH having sex in a funeral home to fans thinking 'dicksucker' chant is worst thing ever

· You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,798 Posts
Even if Rey said that which I haven't seen proof is it any worse than what DX, Austin etc were saying 20 years ago.

We have gone from Vince pulling down his pants and making people kiss his ass on air and HHH having sex in a funeral home to fans thinking 'dicksucker' chant is worst thing ever
wwe wasnt a PG show 20 years ago so that is apples and oranges. People don't think its the worst thing ever, its simply not something that happens within the product now because its clear that WWE is aimed at a different audience.

· Registered
511 Posts
This company is literally 100X as bad as WCW 2000, the only difference is WCW didn't have these crazy guaranteed contracts to save them.
You clearly didn't watch WCW 2000 if claiming that.

Are WWE losing $75m this year?
Are WWE cancelling long running shows and moving SD tapings to after Raw?
Have WWE all but stopped running houseshows?
Did WWEs biggest show of 2019 draw 1/3rd house in an NBA sized arena and about 40,000 homes watching?
Did WWE put their main title on head writer or 130lb Z list Hollywood actor?
Did WWE have to completely reset show and just make their champions hand over their titles?
Has WWE had something like 26 World title changes in 2019?
Has WWE botched anything as bad as Goldbergs heel turn in 2019?
Is WWE in desperate need of outside finance in order to survive?
Will WWE be out of business by March 2020 despite millions upon millions watching wrestling weekly in the USA?

· Registered
6,456 Posts
You clearly didn't watch WCW 2000 if claiming that.

Are WWE losing $75m this year?
Are WWE cancelling long running shows and moving SD tapings to after Raw?
Have WWE all but stopped running houseshows?
Did WWEs biggest show of 2019 draw 1/3rd house in an NBA sized arena and about 40,000 homes watching?
Did WWE put their main title on head writer or 130lb Z list Hollywood actor?
Did WWE have to completely reset show and just make their champions hand over their titles?
Has WWE had something like 26 World title changes in 2019?
Has WWE botched anything as bad as Goldbergs heel turn in 2019?
Is WWE in desperate need of outside finance in order to survive?
Will WWE be out of business by March 2020 despite millions upon millions watching wrestling weekly in the USA?
Can you read? I said the contracts, specifically USA, Fox, and Saudi Arabia saved them. If they didn't bamboozle them into guaranteed long term contracts, they'd be doing atrocious. They literally don't draw money from their consumer base anymore.

· Registered
511 Posts
Can you read? I said the contracts, specifically USA, Fox, and Saudi Arabia saved them. If they didn't bamboozle them into guaranteed long term contracts, they'd be doing atrocious. They literally don't draw money from their consumer base anymore.
Considering USA and Fox deals didn't start until October 1st this year and won't be recorded until February 2020 in accounts why even mention them?

They made $931 million and $99 million in profit without new Fox and USA deals last year.

They did not bamboozle them. They got those contracts because they were #1 or #2 for 52 weeks on cable TV. Nothing matches that and Raw and SD have been averaging better annual tv viewership than MLB, UFC, NBA who all have bigger TV deals than current WWE.

WWE generated $200 million from network subs and $150 million through ticket sales last year. WCW would not have gone out of business if they had revenue streams like that in 2000.

Remember NXT the freaking developmental show is drawing far better attendance to Takeovers than WCW did for their ppvs in late 2000-01. NXT was out drawing WCW and NXT has nobody making $5-10 million a year, if it had it would be gotten rid of.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.