Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
TEAM DEPPIE
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
... because they all have freaking part timers at the other end! Our champion is hardly on TV because WWE signed that bullshit contract. Taker is showing up once . And Sting is barely doing a damn thing.

Bray is out there cutting promo after promo with no damn Taker to add heat to the feud. All we are getting is talk, talk, talk and no action.

Roman Reigns is just looking like a dumbass who just cuts promos while Heyman cuts promos too. There is no heat. No Brock and Roman coming to blows or staring each other down. No, all we getting are promos.

Hell, Heyman cut a scathing promo on Raw. Did they at least have Roman attack him?? No, he just simply went and did his match with Seth as if he didn't get ethered on the mic -_-

Sting vs Triple H is another feud where it's just promos, promos and more promos. Sting is hardly here and when he does show up, it's meh because no real heat has been built.

Triple H is trying to carry the feud but all I'm hearing is blah blah blah at this point.

All promos, but no memorable awesome segments because the freaking opponents aren't here to be a part of it!

Imagine if, when Bryan was gaining big time support, the Authority just suddenly stopped appearing most of the time??

No segments of Bryan getting screwed over or Occupy Raw. Or any of the shit that built mega heat for the Authority against Bryan, because they simply didn't show up except for like once a month?

There would be no damn heat going into Mania 30. And thats what's happening to the three biggest matches on the card or 31.

No heat because three men are trying to carry six person effort feuds .

Siiiiiigh. This is stupid fpalm is Vince even trying anymore?? Hell, he'd rather build a show around Jon Stewart vs Seth rather than pick up where Randy vs Seth left off before that stupid ass movie Randy had to go do.

Everyone and their freaking mama is being added to the IC title hunt at this point. It will be a damn mini Royal Rumble if they keep going in this direction.

The divas title might not even place on the card because we will most likely get a tag match with Paige/AJ vs Bellas.

Tag team belts ain't shit.

Rusev vs Cena has surprisingly been built quite low key with no stand out segments except for Stephanie ripping Cena on the mic.

Stardust vs Goldust has been scrapped... Again.

Miz vs Sandow isn't happening from the looks of it. They're in that damn Jobber Royale despite the long build and effort they put in these two fpalm

What the hell is going on this Mania? Do fans have to constantly force them into competence ala the organic Bryan storyline? Hell, they put more effort into Bryan vs Roman, a B PPV match!

Just... fuck Vince :lol

·
A Lord of Cinder
1,413 Posts
I am glad I am not the only one who sees this. I also see this and think to myself: "Why does NO ONE in WWE address this head on?"

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I guess they are all just waiting for next year lol. Maybe we might actually have a SummerSlam build up?

Maybe this is just the way things are going to be from now on.

But also think of this how can they do anything right, like Triple H said on Steve Austins podcast, there is no pleasing every one these days, you have people out there that follow storylines, people out there that want great wresting and then there are the others out there that just want to pick at the internal workings of the WWE.

·
Registered
766 Posts
wwe are just fucking themself....i think brock is one of the best of all time but he needs to be told to love it or leave it.

undertaker match promo is just a guy calling him out for 2 months.

sting just looks sad IMO sad A Dopey Clown. I heard he sucked in tna.

Randy vs Seth is looking to be the best card on the card , but Stardust vs Goldust not happening is a dam shame.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Part time wrestlers are hurting the business in the long run. There are lots of talented wrestlers in the roster but Vince is reluctant to create stars as he has found it much easier to rely on these part timers. With the exception of Triple H vs Daniel Bryan and Evolution vs Shield, there hasn't been a single good feud from a part time wrestler. Most of these feuds are forced and there appears to be no proper reason why are fighting against each other in the first place.

There is no point in fighting themselves or an established star like John Cena. The Rock only wants to come back to break records which means he has to fight another part timer. Sting wants to wrestle Undertaker. Meltzer reported how Batista came back after they promised him the title.

·
Locker Room Leader
12,168 Posts
I think Vince just went fuck it and is throwing away this Mania and looking at next year's Mania. It's stupid but whaddaya gonna do :draper2

Reactions: Wynter

·
Registered
766 Posts
Part time wrestlers are hurting the business in the long run. There are lots of talented wrestlers in the roster but Vince is reluctant to create stars as he has found it much easier to rely on these part timers. With the exception of Triple H vs Daniel Bryan and Evolution vs Shield, there hasn't been a single good feud from a part time wrestler. Most of these feuds are forced and there appears to be no proper reason why are fighting against each other in the first place.

There is no point in fighting themselves or an established star like John Cena. The Rock only wants to come back to break records which means he has to fight another part timer. Sting wants to wrestle Undertaker. Meltzer reported how Batista came back after they promised him the title.
Batista ruled as a heel!!! i didnt understand all his hate....the guy is Drax the Destroyer, Brass Body, and a soon to be a bond assassin. yet the wwe world shit on him and chased him away for likely good.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
I think there's always a place for a part-timer or two on the WrestleMania card, but the top 3 matches featuring part-timers is some repugnant shit.

The main event build-up is made worse because the full-time wrestler involved is an embarrassment on the mic and in the ring, and he certainly can't carry a feud. I don't think Heyman can either despite his Godlike status on this forum, especially when he's working against someone like Roman Reigns.

Sting and Taker should both be on TV by now, and more matches should already be confirmed since there's only 3 RAWs left until Mania. Other than the top 3 matches, they're building up the rest of the card as if this were a B PPV.

Goldust/Stardust and Miz/Mizdow are two properly developed stories and they're most likely going to be wasted in the battle royal and ladder matches when they should have singles matches to provide proper closure. Orton/Rollins looks to be the best singles match on the card but they still haven't made the match official and they badly fucked up Orton's momentum.

And then the big climax to this PPV is Roman Reigns winning the title and becoming the new face of the company, but the majority of fans aren't clamoring to see that happen.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
So what do you want Vince to do? It's not his fault 95% of the roster can't get over with the fans.

This generation of lazy Millennials needs to really step up because they are hurting the company with their ineptitude.

Everyone is being shoved into the Battle Royale because that's where they belong. A failed generation. None of them are superstars really.

Our last hope is Roman. He is the brightest shining pearl in this sea of mediocrity. I hope more superstars follow his lead and reach for the brass ring.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
I agree OP it's a fucking shambles.

We have Bray out there every week killing it with great promos yet we have no Taker and won't get Taker until the night of Wrestlemania, and people wanna defend it because it worked back in 2004 at Mania 20. fpalm
This feud could have been amazing, really pushing Wyatt onwards yet instead we have him talking to himself for the past 6 weeks now. Obvious result too, we all know Taker will win and tbh I would prefer the match didn't happen.

Sting vs HHH is almost the exact same, HHH cuts a promo every week to hype yet we have Sting who has shown all of about 3 times in the WWE so far and 2 of those appearances have been on PPV and they wanna continue to build this feud with also one guy. I understand Sting is a special attraction but when he is booked for a match at Mania I would really expect everyone to show up for 4-5 weeks in a row to build it. This had potential also but each week goes by and we still don't get Sting and HHH face to face. It happened once and probably will not happen again until the match.

I don't even wanna get started tbh. It's fucking atrocious. Reigns and Brock have NOT gone face to face in a ring yet and next week is 3 weeks from the show. WTF? It's the mainevent of fucking Wrestlemania not some fucking useless PPV no one cares about yet we have had no staredowns, no attacks, no brawls, no nothing? It's been all Heyman, killing it every week yet they can't even build the match. This match was bad enough and having 0 build after being 3 weeks into the feuds is fucking horrible.

I cannot emphasize how bad this RTWM has been so far it seriously does not feel like Mania season.

Fuck this company. fpalm

60,006 Posts

We have Bray out there every week killing it with great promos yet we have no Taker and won't get Taker until the night of Wrestlemania, and people wanna defend it because it worked back in 2004 at Mania 20. fpalm
This feud could have been amazing, really pushing Wyatt onwards yet instead we have him talking to himself for the past 6 weeks now. Obvious result too, we all know Taker will win and tbh I would prefer the match didn't happen.

Sting vs HHH is almost the exact same, HHH cuts a promo every week to hype yet we have Sting who has shown all of about 3 times in the WWE so far and 2 of those appearances have been on PPV and they wanna continue to build this feud with also one guy. I understand Sting is a special attraction but when he is booked for a match at Mania I would really expect everyone to show up for 4-5 weeks in a row to build it. This had potential also but each week goes by and we still don't get Sting and HHH face to face. It happened once and probably will not happen again until the match.

I don't even wanna get started tbh. It's fucking atrocious. Reigns and Brock have NOT gone face to face in a ring yet and next week is 3 weeks from the show. WTF? It's the mainevent of fucking Wrestlemania not some fucking useless PPV no one cares about yet we have had no staredowns, no attacks, no brawls, no nothing? It's been all Heyman, killing it every week yet they can't even build the match. This match was bad enough and having 0 build after being 3 weeks into the feuds is fucking horrible.

I cannot emphasize how bad this RTWM has been so far it seriously does not feel like Mania season.

Fuck this company. fpalm
I agree with everything you posted here. Three RAWS left and there is almost zero momentum for these matches. Wrestlemania is supposed to be the grandest event of them all,this feels like the most lackluster build I can recall. Not feeling Mania,at all this year.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
I agree with everything you posted here. Three RAWS left and there is almost zero momentum for these matches. Wrestlemania is supposed t be the grandest event of them all,this feels like the most lackluster build I can recall. Not feeling Mania,at all this year.
And I thought I was the only and was maybe losing interest in wrestling altogether but it clearly isn't that and this company is SO SO SO far out of touch in so many areas it's actually embarrassing.

I don't even think casuals would watch Mania this year.

·
TEAM DEPPIE
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Fuck this company. fpalm
:clap but us fans are just whiners who refuse to enjoy the product. No, this is a reflection of the half-hearted attempt by Vince. When did it become a thing to not give a damn during Mania season?? This is the time of year I most look forward to because WWE actually tries for the most part.

But this year?? :no: it's sad because they really do have a good card and the talent to take advantage of, but it's like they gave up. There is no reason for matches with Sting, Taker and Brock to have zero to minimal heat.

Honestly, you'd think with at least Roman, Vince would go out his way to pull out all the stops for the Golden boy. But nope, he ironically only built up a good feud against Bryan, the guy Vince seems to detest :lmao

Hell, Cena vs Rusev isn't even getting premium building. They did more for Rusev vs Swagger :lol

So what, they're only going to try on the go home show or something?? Just fuck doing months of good building and focus on one week?? fpalm

I'm begging for a miracle here. I honestly want to be hyped for Mania,but WWE are doing their damndest to suck the joy out of everything.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I completely agree.

I get why they would use one, maybe two part-timers to help gain viewer interest in a show, but when all three of the top matches involve one it is nonsensical booking. They wouldn't need to do this if they actually tried to build MULTIPLE new stars, instead of jobbing them to guys past their primes.

Brock is booked to miss one more of the three shows before WM 31 I believe, meaning Reigns and Lesnar will only interact two times in the build-up to the main event of WM! What kind of booking is that?

HHH is doing a decent job of selling Sting as a big deal, so are all the legends they are bringing in to talk him up. But the problem there is, Sting has done no talking himself and is barely there at all. I still don't quite understand his actions yet as they have been given no real motivation. Not to mention Sting's six appearance dates and he has already used three of them, plus one is guaranteed at Mania. So that leaves only two possible RAW appearances and a lot of build-up yet to cover. I definitely agree there is a lack of heat in this feud.

Taker/Wyatt is just cringe to thinking about. Wyatt has been given the task of building this feud single-handedly since the Royal Rumble and nobody can keep a feud interesting for over two months by essentially just talking to themselves. Not to mention I am 97% sure Taker is going over at Mania despite only showing up once and Wyatt's momentum yet again being impacted as a result. Absolutely no future star building to be found here.

Cena/Rusev is pretty good, I just find it hard to get interested because A) it is predictable as fuck and B) we have seen Cena in this redemption feud WAY too many times now.

Orton/Rollins has seemingly backpedaled to where it was at before Randy got injured. Why they are doing another split angle between the two is puzzling and it has severely wounded Randy's return momentum.

Undercard doesn't matter and has been booked like ass. Stardust/Goldust just getting dropped is intelligence insulting to all viewers. Not to mention is has caused the ladder match to quickly become too crowded. Battle Royal doesn't matter and won't help the winner going off Cesaro's booking last year.

Awful RTW all around and one of the worst I have had the displeasure of watching.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
So what do you want Vince to do? It's not his fault 95% of the roster can't get over with the fans.

This generation of lazy Millennials needs to really step up because they are hurting the company with their ineptitude.

Everyone is being shoved into the Battle Royale because that's where they belong. A failed generation. None of them are superstars really.

Our last hope is Roman. He is the brightest shining pearl in this sea of mediocrity. I hope more superstars follow his lead and reach for the brass ring.
I know you are trolling but that is a load of crap.

Vince has over wrestlers that he is refusing to push and put them in the spotlight.

That's his decision and it's his mistake.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
And I thought I was the only and was maybe losing interest in wrestling altogether but it clearly isn't that and this company is SO SO SO far out of touch in so many areas it's actually embarrassing.

Think again Mr Fancy Pants.

According to the poll on WWE Facebook, an overwhelming 77% of the voters enjoyed the latest episode of Monday Night Raw. WWE is as hot as ever with the casual viewer.

Network subscription numbers are going up and nobody in their right mind would cancel just before Sportsentertainia. Next week on Raw, Wiz Khalifa will be the guest host, so this Road to Sportsentertainia is really heating up.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
:clap but us fans are just whiners who refuse to enjoy the product. No, this is a reflection of the half-hearted attempt by Vince. When did it become a thing to not give a damn during Mania season?? This is the time of year I most look forward to because WWE actually tries for the most part.

But this year?? :no: it's sad because they really do have a good card and the talent to take advantage of, but it's like they gave up. There is no reason for matches with Sting, Taker and Brock to have zero to minimal heat.

Honestly, you'd think with at least Roman, Vince would go out his way to pull out all the stops for the Golden boy. But nope, he ironically only built up a good feud against Bryan, the guy Vince seems to detest :lmao

Hell, Cena vs Rusev isn't even getting premium building. They did more for Rusev vs Swagger :lol

So what, they're only going to try on the go home show or something?? Just fuck doing months of good building and focus on one week?? fpalm

I'm begging for a miracle here. I honestly want to be hyped for Mania,but WWE are doing their damndest to suck the joy out of everything.

Don't bother.

It sounds so cliche but I don't care anymore at all, of course I will watch Mania cause who am I kidding but whatever is good from now on is a bonus because the whole product is a fucking joke.

Also go back to how long you have to think back to see when you remember a great segment on Raw or Smackdown?

You'll be thinking for awhile.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Think again Mr Fancy Pants.

According to the poll on WWE Facebook, an overwhelming 77% of the voters enjoyed the latest episode of Monday Night Raw. WWE is as hot as ever with the casual viewer.

Network subscription numbers are going up and nobody in their right mind would cancel just before Sportsentertainia. Next week on Raw, Wiz Khalifa will be the guest host, so this Road to Sportsentertainia is really heating up.
Mr. Fancypants? :chlol

Oh yea it's heating up alright hence why everyone I know doesn't wanna watch it and everyone on here is so un-interested. :eek:kay

Your in the minority but continue to enjoy it like you do cause you seem so pro-WWE. If you think it's acceptable then you don't know what a good product is.

·
Registered
540 Posts

This is time I look forward to watching WWE without fast forwarding but the Road to Wrestlemania this year feels like a build up to a B-level PPV.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts