Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why would two talented guys quite WWE for no reason. Was it Racism back stage? Politics? Bad attitudes? What? In my opinion both guys have the look and potential to be WWE champions, so why leave? Somthing seams wrong backstage in WWE if so many guys are complaining and want to leave.

Ask Matt Hardy

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I think Shad was fired because they had nothing for him to do/he wasn't very good.

MVP asked for his release because he felt underutilised I think.

·
Registered
11,840 Posts
MVP and Matt are no big losses they are to old and to many probloms that would prevent them from winning the big one

if like Kofi, Dolph, and MIZ all asked for there release then wed have a problem

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Shad didn't have a choice, by the sounds of things.

As for MVP and Matt Hardy, I could only speculate. Hardy seems slightly unstable and probably wanted to be nearer his friends and family, who seem to be pretty TNA-based. Both of them were probably told in no uncertain terms there was no place for them at the top of the card with the current 'youth movement' going on. Who knows, though?

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Probably because they knew they werent going to go anywhere unless they started to sing and dance for Vince. MVP did everything but dance. Somehow Dancin' is how black people make in the WWE.

edit: This is pure hyperbole but it does seem like thats how it is in the WWE.

Reactions: zombiemaster

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Shad didn't have a choice, I think he just got canned because they had nothing for him.

According to Matt himself it was the youth movement, he felt every veteran was getting overlooked and that he was also set to have a feud with Christian over the summer but ended up getting axed and he saw that as the proverbial 'straw that broke the camel's back', as after his program with Christian went to the chopping board he wanted out.

MVP may have left for the very same reason as Matt but he also seems to have a passion for Japanese wrestling and maybe saw an opportunity to make a name there instead.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
Shad was released because he sucks. If WWE still believed in tag teams, they could've just brought him back, and reunited him with JTG. But they don't so they didn't.

MVP asked for his release because he knows the clock is ticking, to appropriate terminology from his old theme, and if he stays in WWE all he'll be doing is being the personal bitch for McIntyre/Rhodes/Reks/whoever else WWE wants to look better.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Shad, well because he was booked horribly and to be honest, didn't play his heel role properly, alld he did was say "its my time" and beat up jtg

MVP himself said he wanted his release so he could refresh himself perfoming in the indies and japan, so there's more chance to see MVP back in the future

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
As one of the posters said for Shad, he pretty much sucks if he is not tagging along with JTG. I still wonder why they broke up Cryme Tyme in the first place seeing as they were pretty over as a tag team. But yeah WWE released him, he served no purpose.

On the other hand, MVP ASKED for his release cause he see talent like Sheamus just being handed the WWE Championship without proving anything (in the WWE world of course) while MVP had one of the best successful upper mid-card pushes in the history of wrestling. He loves wrestling and he wonder why some guys who clearly not over keep getting a big push when they technically never earned their stripes yet like he did.

He wonder why he on Superstars getting jobbed out to guys who will be force to be released in the near future while he gets the biggest pops of the night under the main event talent.

He wonder why a no talent idiot like R-Truth is getting air time with the major players when he is only over from his theme music while MVP is naturally over with the fans by his unlimited charisma.

He see the crowd love and adore him but yet still jobbing to guys who is completely mediocre at best. Sure everyone win and lose sometime but in MVP case, in his position in 09-10 was just plain ridiculous. He probably see a lot of political shit going on backstage in WWE with guys getting pushed cause they friends with so and so where MVP proved to be one of the best characters on the roster during his time as a Heel without sucking up to no one and got over by himself with barely any cheap heat at all.

MVP loves pro wrestling and he knows he won’t settle to be mediocre like half of the roster so he went to fresh things up and go international since WWE not going to utilize him. MVP didn’t have to win the World title but he could of still played an “HBK” role of not only putting over talent but still balance his own self too in being higher up on the card like he was a phenomenal Heel.

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
Because Johnny Ace(I believe is the guy) probably told them he can hook them up with a job in Japan because he has connections there and that they were not needed on the roster any more.

·
Registered
21,634 Posts
I don't think they left because of reasons relating to race, I mean they were both on Smackdown whose head writer is Michael Hayes who's blacker than them both put together...aparently.

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
Maybe MVP was bluffing, hoping that people'd be so scared of losing him they'd give him a push?

MVP himself said he wanted his release so he could refresh himself perfoming in the indies and japan, so there's more chance to see MVP back in the future
We can only hope and pray.

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
^ you sound like you talked to him or some thing
Nope just at times reading his twitter reply comments and interviews. :D

Funny thing is he just did this interview before asking for his release not too long ago.

·
Lets Go Pens, Buccos, Broncos & ~Smoke #14!
185 Posts
Shad was released because he sucks. If WWE still believed in tag teams, they could've just brought him back, and reunited him with JTG. But they don't so they didn't.

MVP asked for his release because he knows the clock is ticking, to appropriate terminology from his old theme, and if he stays in WWE all he'll be doing is being the personal bitch for McIntyre/Rhodes/Reks/whoever else WWE wants to look better.
Which just completely makes me sick because Cryme Tyme was WAAY over with the crowd and as usual they killed them..ALA Hart Dynasty.

Reactions: Arya Dark

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Shad is a shitty talent, i don't really care how over he was when he's still on Cryme Tyme, he's still shitty, it made sense that WWE released him.

Shame about MVP release, but he seemed frustrated with how WWE used him and he wants to wrestle elsewhere so i can't help but support his decision, maybe it's for the better, now he can use his talent to its fullest potential elsewhere.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Reported By Ryan Clark of The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

-- Reportedly, all of the names announced during the last wave of talent departures were releases by WWE with the exception of Shad Gaspard, who wanted to part ways with the organization in order to pursue acting. Jillian Hall also claimed she asked to be released, and that she had asked several times before.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts