Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious on a few opinions here.

When most people first seen Jeff Hardy it was probably in WWE and the girls thought "oooo he's hot" and the guys thought "holy crap this guy is mental"

I don't deny the fact I was a Hardy Boyz fan and loved watching them especially their matches against or involving Edge and Christian. The thing for me at the time (being very young and only having watched WWE programming) was that I thought he was unique and I had never seen someone do so much high risk stuff on a regular basis. Prior to him my idea of high risk was Shawn Michaels...

Then I started watching WCW and some older ECW stuff and realised there is other guys out there who do way crazier stuff than Hardy. The WCW cruiserweights in particular opened my eyes in a big way. Regardless of this Hardy became a big name pretty quick and gathered a huge following.

Now he is older (and fatter) he no longer has the high flying thing as nailed as others, he is a decent technical wrestler and his current "anti christ" of TNA is kinda uncomfortable to watch.

I guess it comes down to the fact I would imagine he is on a pretty fair amount of money compared to others in TNA, question is, is he really worth it??

Is he in a spot on the Heavyweight title scene that someone like A J Styles or Samoa Joe could be using?

Thoughts appreciated,

Chaos

·
Premium Member
19,333 Posts
He's not overrated at all. He's even better than I thought he was. So if anythign, I was underrating him.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Not overrated at all. Im never been ina big fan of Jeff. But man he's really Charismatic Enigma .

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
congrats on the first post troll thread... i would say he is underrated he is so much more than just jumping off ladders

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
How is he overrated? Everyone here basically hates him. If anything his last few weeks have made me think he isnt the braindead retard spot monkey that i always assumed he was.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
He's one of the most hated wrestlers on these forums ,I personally think he's vastly underrated.

He's super charismatic which suits his new enigma anti-chris gimmick perfectly.
He is poor on the mic but he seems alot more comfortable as a heel and his gimmick can also help him mask his flaws.
He's not as bad as alot of people make him out to be in the ring either .He can play a good baby face in perill and given the right oppenent he can put on a great match.It's goona be interesting to see the transation he makes in his style now that he's a heel ,hopefully he tones down that spots and makes it work.

Reactions: Grubbs89

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
he's been a better worker than anyone in tna has been for the last 3 years and people still think he is a spot monkey so if anything he's underrated.

·
Premium Member
25,943 Posts
Just to answer your question: No.

I don't feel like giving reasons.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
if Foley is indeed a glorified stuntman then i guess that makes Jeff a glorified backyarder

·
Natasha Yi. WHAT A BABE.
7,731 Posts
How can he be overrated on here if so many people on here hate him?

I don't think he's overrated, I love what he's doing right now as a heel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@ Grubbs sorry if you think im trolling. I'm new to this forum and I thought I would post my opinion on something. I was not aware Jeff Hardy is widely hated on these forums or anything like that.

I'm not saying I hate or dislike Jeff, just simply that he's not that great in MY opinion.

I was simply attempting to raise a discussion on the matter since this is a forum after all.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Chaos - Don't worry. Definition of Troll on this forum seems to be anyone who says something slightly negative (even constructively) about TNA/any of their wrestlers.

To answer your question - No.

If you had asked me the same question 3 or 4 weeks ago I might have a different answer. I for one am enjoying the work he's currently doing in TNA, more so than I have anything he's done in the past. There's still a few things to see. How will he be in the ring as a heel? How's his promos going to be when they are not pre-taped backstage segments? But I'm optimistic.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
that really depends on how we're talking.

are we talking about overrated by just the fanbase in general, like, everyone?
or just the IWC?

IWC, no. he's not.
general fanbase? yes, he most definitely is. the fact that he might be anybody's favorite wrestler besides a 14 year old hot topic employee who loves to be different still boggles the shit out of me.

·
Banned
1,242 Posts
Over rated? Why? Because IWC hates him? I don't think that really matters because most of wrestling fans on the Net LOVE him (and his brother). Twitter followin kinda proves it. And that's just one example.
So, how can you be "over rated" if people REALLY love you? It's too late to ask your question.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Over rated? Why? Because IWC hates him? I don't think that really matters because most of wrestling fans on the Net LOVE him (and his brother). Twitter followin kinda proves it. And that's just one example.
So, how can you be "over rated" if people REALLY love you? It's too late to ask your question.
it's never too late
Triple H, Hogan, Cena...

But Jeff is underrated by the IWC lately ... I think it's the best thing that happened in TNA since Kurt Angle. I mean him winnning at BFG and turning heel.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
What? If everyone loves him, and he's shit, then people are overrating him. You don't understand what overrated means, do you?
I think his ring work is overrated, and until recently, anyone who rated his mic work would considered insane. He's not been bad since The Turn, but more time is needed for me to form a proper opinion.

·
Banned
1,242 Posts
What? If everyone loves him, and he's shit, then people are overrating him. You don't understand what overrated means, do you?
I think his ring work is overrated, and until recently, anyone who rated his mic work would considered insane. He's not been bad since The Turn, but more time is needed for me to form a proper opinion.
Only Vince McMahon/Russo/whatever's opinion matters in this case. Only they can "over rate" someone, because they push wrestlers. Promotions push them, people eat them or spit them and IWC predicts if he's gonna make it(pointless like everything IWC does). IWC's predictions fail pretty hard so far: Hogan MADE IT. Triple H made it. Cena made it. Hardy already made it. Benjamin=fail. Lance Storm=fail.
The list goes on.
The fact is, you can't call someone over rated if he made a crap load of money for himself and his promoter.. That's just illogical.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts