Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there were rumours floating around the ADR was going to be the one to replace Rey and due to the fact that he is getting pushed to the moon i was starting to think this is they guy but now that Mistico aka Sin Cara has just been signed to wwe and now people are saying that hes gonna replace mysterio so naturally im starting to wonder whos going to take over for Rey? personally i think it should be Mistico considering he resembles Mysterio more then ADR does...

your thoughts?

· Registered
865 Posts
Either Sin Cara or Hunico. Frankly, I haven't heard much about Hunico lately, and I don't think WWE will want to (in their eyes) flood the roster with Mexican wrestlers. So it looks like it's gonna be Sin Cara

· Registered
1,078 Posts
I think both Sin Cara and ADR will replace Rey, as neither will most likely be able to replicate his sales. The other possibility is that it is just Sin Cara because ADR will probably be a heel for much of his career.

· Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

· Registered
1,123 Posts
wow thats gonna cause some major confusion lol but i see your point and he would be ideal once Rey JR actually leaves but whos older and got more experience?

Rey JR :
- Born : 1974 (37 years old)
- Training : Trained with his uncle at 13 years old
- Began his big career in : 1992
- Height : 5'4"

Hijo de Rey Misterio :
- Born : 1989 (22 years old)
- Training : began to train with his father at 13 years old
- Began his big career : in 2006
- Height : 5'2''

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Hijo_de_Rey_Misterio

The Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre probably recruited him to retake the Rey Mysterio's legacy, once our Rey retires. WWE needs to fight back and recruit him.

I would love to see the Rey Mysterio's legacy in one promotion for a while, even if WWE is a tyrant with high flyers.

· Feed Me More
688 Posts

Rey JR :

Hijo de Rey Misterio :

The Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre probably recruited him to retake the Rey Mysterio's legacy, once our Rey retires. WWE needs to fight back and recruit him.

I would love to see the Rey Mysterio's legacy in one promotion for a while, even if WWE is a tyrant with high flyers.
I see. Well I hope the youngster has character unlike his cousin.

· Registered
1,077 Posts

Rey JR :

Hijo de Rey Misterio :

He's smaller than our Rey?

· Registered
5,813 Posts

His height actually moves from 5'2'' to 5'5'' in websites :confused:
Wow that video was pointless! I thought we'd see moves or something, not just pictures of him on a couch and with fans lol.

I don't know if they need a new Rey. If they have the right mexican wrestler, he can be even bigger.

· Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nobody cares for rey.that is why smackdown has such bad ratings.wehn rock was in wwe the smackdown was even beter than raw.rey is just a stupid rock wannabe like cena.what he dosnt know is that nobody can be like the gr8 1.
rrrrright and what does The Rock have to do with this discussion?

· Registered
7,601 Posts
I don't think anyone is going to replace Rey Mysterio as such but if you mean who will be the main star aimed at a latin american audience then you can basically take your pick between Mistico, Alberto Del Rio and the two Mexicans down in FCW called Epico and Hunico who i don't really know a great deal about in all honesty apart from Epico is related to Carlito and Primo. We have seen Rey Mysterio go on to be as big a draw as John Cena in Mexico and he has now opened up a whole new area for WWE to take over which is why WWE are now looking at having four Mexicans on their main roster sooner rather than later if Rey Mysterio retires or leaves anytime soon.

Without looking it up to verify it i have heard that Mistico outdrew John Cena a few times down in Mexico so he is obviously HUGE there whilst Alberto Del Rio has been given the quickest main event push i can remember since Brock Lesnar back in 2002 with winning The Royal Rumble and about to co main event WrestleMania within eight months whilst not even being a big star in Mexico. As i said i don't really know much about Epico or Humico other than they are both masked Mexican wrestler's in the same mould as Rey Mysterio but are obviously talented and if booked right could be a great draw for WWE in Mexico.

So once Rey Mysterio leaves or retires i would say that WWE are in very good shape in regards to drawing in Mexico with Mistico, Alberto Del Rio, Epico and Humico and between the four of them i would imagine that WWE will continue to do well with the latin american market. Apparently SmackDown does much better ratings than Raw does in Mexico so the chances are that Mistico at the very least would be put on SmackDown whilst Epico and Humico continue down in FCW and could maybe even become a tag team as they have a similar look and style in order to get them over before embarking on singles careers.

· Registered
148 Posts
They don't want to replace Rey, even should he leave in the next year or two. The better goal is to continue to build their Latin market by picking up the very best stars from Mexico. Sin Cara and Alberto are both great adds. Incognito/Hunico is very talented, though much less of a star than either of the other men. He doesn't seem to fly nearly as much as he once did either.

· Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
if mistico was the biggest draw in mexico and outdrew the face of the wwe then i really hope to god that wwe doesnt treat mistico like shit because ive seen some mistico videos on youtube and he has it youth and talent on his side while rey and mistico are almost identical in terms of physique and in ring ability its clear that Reys best years are behind him whilst misticos are still come

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.