Wrestling Forum banner
41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Im not really a Charlotte fan but im with her here. so many on this board talk about how talent always does what they are told and never protects themselves. The image of becky holding both belts gives a snapshot of who WWE want as the star. And I love Becky. But if they had asked Austin/Rock to do this in 2000 the response from both would of been to get stuffed. So yeah Im with Charlotte here, protect your character.
My take on this too. And I'm a Becky fan.

Nobody should be getting online mad about this. Direct your hate to Vince and Bruce. It's their shitty show that's at fault for all this after all.

·
Custom User Title
7,069 Posts
Im not really a Charlotte fan but im with her here. so many on this board talk about how talent always does what they are told and never protects themselves. The image of becky holding both belts gives a snapshot of who WWE want as the star. And I love Becky. But if they had asked Austin/Rock to do this in 2000 the response from both would of been to get stuffed. So yeah Im with Charlotte here, protect your character.
I can't believe I have to explain this, but there is a difference between "protecting your character" and having an overinflated ego. Charlotte is very much in the latter half. Just read her book to see how awful she can really be. Or look at some interviews she has done over the past few years. None of which are "protecting" her character moreso than just being a giant bitch to every other woman on the roster.

·
Registered
609 Posts
It's probably all a work anyway but if not who really cares? Lynch left the company in the lurch to go pop out a kid while Charlotte stayed loyal and remained. Then Red came back and was just given it all again right away. Plus of course WWE got rid of Andrade. Let's see how calm and professional Red would be if they kicked Rollins to the curb.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Agreed. If you ever watch some of the AEW backstage vlogs. These guys and girls seem to have the times of their lives. No egos, just genuinely nice people.

The attraction of Charlotte is very obvious. It´s not even the Flair name. It´s that she would be truly despised by the smart fans and would be such an easy top heel for the women´s division. Furthermore her and Andrade could be a monster power couple, who could play up the sexuality a bit, that AEW always shies away from. On screen her perceived personality can actually be played up to further the character, but she´d really have to be on her best behaviour, cause AEW has a zero tolerance policy on backstage politics and BS imho.
This, as AEW still haven't signed the likes of Tessa, Austin Aries, Ivelisse, Sexy Star, Enzo and Cass, anyone involved in the speaking out thing last year, etc.

To be fair to Charlotte, the past year or two has NOT been the easiest time for her. Getting COVID, numerous short title reigns, her husband getting fired, her own father turning heel against her for Lacey Evans, having to try and get Nikki ASH over. Before then, these stories were unheard of, as the common criticism was mainly her booking and not being good as a face (she even had to put over Carmella for the belt in 2018 and these stories still weren't coming out till last year). Before this, it was Sasha that had these stories (the 2019 absence was debunked as a mental health break, and the late summer absence was likely COVID, as Sasha is REALLY good at putting people over, even allowing the likes of Tegan and Shotzi to look good against her when she was tag champs with Bayley, so I don't think it was her refusing to put Bianca over again at all). Charlotte is a good wrestler, and would probably do well in another promotion, but you're right in that I don't see AEW allowing stuff like this to take place, as they haven't signed anyone that is known for backstage issues (even her own father), though in Impact there is a good chance of her having REAL matches with the likes of Deonna, Jordynne, Tenille, Taylor Wilde, and Mickie and Melina due to their deal with NWA (Britt and Thunder Rosa would be the main matches for her in AEW).

I still don't see Charlotte getting released, as they basically built the division around her for six years (remember, Becky was struggling to get on Smackdown for a year and a half until summer of 2018, when they just couldn't deny her a push anymore), and I just can't see WWE doing the RIGHT thing and inserting the likes of Sasha, Bayley, Bianca, or Asuka in her place outside of transitional reigns, which would likely mean WWE trying to push Alexa and Carmella as top women again (even though neither are good in the ring, Carmella's first reign bombed when she didn't have Ellsworth, and Alexa has a supernatural gimmick that further limits what she can do now). Charlotte is extremely stale, but I still remember Alexa's 2017-2018 run (where she almost buried Bayley for good and beat Mickie with a RIGHT HAND) and how they tried to make Carmella get over during her reign by having her beat Asuka numerous times (which only led to her being a face again by September and being with R-Truth), as well as when they had Becky feud with Lacey for MONTHS in 2019, despite Lacey not even being close to ready (unsurprisingly, it didn't work and Lacey moved towards the lower mid card of the women's division, feuding with Nattie for months before turning face). Never underestimate Vince's desire to have a blonde as the face of the division, regardless of talent.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I can't believe I have to explain this, but there is a difference between "protecting your character" and having an overinflated ego. Charlotte is very much in the latter half. Just read her book to see how awful she can really be. Or look at some interviews she has done over the past few years. None of which are "protecting" her character moreso than just being a giant bitch to every other woman on the roster.
I dont watch the interviews, and ive no plans to read her book. Im talking purely as a wrestling character. If she came out, Becky held up both belts and then gave one to Charlotte would it make Charlotte look inferior?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Wish Sonya would’ve knocked her ass out. Charlotte thinks she’s a big deal, but nobody likes her. She’s a product of the WWE machine, much to the detriment of more worthy and polished performers.

Fuck off Ashley and just go to Impact. I hope Tony doesn’t give her the time of day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like her, I think she is good, and she wrestles in honor of her late brother Reid. I wish people would not be mean to her so much, she is still a person that has feelings. I hope she doesn't commit suicide from all the hate she gets from everyone. People bully her on Twitter all the time, I wish it would stop. Have a great day, please try to say one nice thing to someone today, it may stop them from killing themselves.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
I'm all for it. We need more egos like this, rather than people who are just happy to just be employed, and take a paycheck for doing near fuck all.

·
Banned
135 Posts
I wouldn't put it past WWE crowds to turn against Becky if Charlotte left and Becky remained as the #1 draw on the woman's roster.

WWE fans booed the rock when hogan returned, they turned on rhonda for the mere fact that she wanted to work full time instead of showing up for a handful of performances per year.

Cena was booed for decades.

WWE fans are constantly trying to put themselves over as the "true" stars of the show and their quickest route to becoming the center of attention is by booing the lead babyface, which in this case, happens to be Charlotte.

The wrestling dirtrags are the same way: they'll sh-t on a top performer to draw as much attention as they can to themselves.

·
Premium Member
13,544 Posts
Lmao. That shows you what a complete and utter failure then Charlotte perceived her NON STOP push over the past 6 years. Becky became a bigger star organically in a few months than Charlotte with all the machine behind her.

Becky holding both belts in a meaningless segment gives the image of who WWE wants as #1? Oh really… not the one they’ve been shoving down people’s throat non stop for 6 years making her chase some meaningless # of reigns?
This was a nothing seglement that was gona give the crowd Becky 2 Belts chants.
What if WWE was gona make a Becky a double champ and wanted this reaction?

·
Registered
Sub Zero Wins
146 Posts
Charlotte is doing whatever she can to get released.
People who are devoted to WWE are reacting so they get Vince's nod of approval.
Or so they think
I am not sure Sonya got the reaction she thought she would considering WWE are doing all they can to keep Charlotte with in the company.
Its also clear now that AEW have certain territories that they can call theirs ,I think North Carolina would be considered one.
It was such mitigating factor when it came to Ric Flairs decisions over which company to choose.
I think its also clear to everyone that Cody and Charlotte must know each other well due to their fathers being so close/
Then you add the fact shes engaged to Andrade.
Yep ,I can see why Charlotte is acting like this

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Charlotte is not even a draw. Even Carmella sells more Merch than her. Sasha,Asuka,Bayley and Alexa are more over than her and they have to put her over but she still doesn't sell merch. You still don't see people wearing Charlotte Merch.

I had seen people wearing IIconics merch but never Charlotte.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I dont buy this for a second but I respect them finding different ways to work the audience in 2021.

·
The Ghost of WF
Let death take my enemies by surprise; let them go down alive to the realm of the dead.
20,252 Posts
Lucky Sonya didn't cost herself her job there if it was truly legit which is sketchy at because she's a trained fighter.

I don't see the logic in a Heel vs Heel match either between the two it would be forgotten in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
It's probably all a work anyway but if not who really cares? Lynch left the company in the lurch to go pop out a kid while Charlotte stayed loyal and remained. Then Red came back and was just given it all again right away. Plus of course WWE got rid of Andrade. Let's see how calm and professional Red would be if they kicked Rollins to the curb.

Charlotte left for 6 months in 2020 to get her boobs reduced after Becky got pregnant and Charlotte's first night back won the tag titles with the RAW champion Asuka and then was put in the Lacey Evans storyline that was going to be the main WM women's title feud before Lacey got pregnant. Then Charlotte was going to face Asuka but Charlotte got Covid. So don't act like Charlotte isn't given everything and Becky is the biggest star besides Roman so she's earned her spot. I heard no Charlotte chants when the crowds came back but did hear Becky chants. Also Becky wasn't even suppose to be back at SS and win the title, Sasha was before she mysteriously couldn't make SS again. If Rollins Left she wouldn't cry like a bitch and try to make her coworkers look bad. Andrade asked for his release smart one. No way Rollins would leave WWE either. Becky didn't need to come back mark. She's made millions and Rollins is still making millions. She's set for life. Stay loyal my ass. If Vince didn't think Becky stayed loyal Becky wouldn't be champ right now. Becky is so unloyal that everyone one the locker room has nothing but good things to say about her and she's "a hero" backstage.

IDK maybe this is why "Red was just given it all again right away." Charlotte never gets her name chanted for a reason.

41 - 60 of 85 Posts