Wrestling Forum banner
21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
6,197 Posts
So the script called for Charlotte to hand her belt over to Becky, so that she could pose with both belts? We know how much WWE likes to micro-manage everything. So Becky didn´t go off-script, but Charlotte did by refusing to hand the belt directly to Becky and dropping it instead. I honestly find that very hard to believe, since Becky´s actions seemed clearly motivated by the two belts chant in that very moment.

·
Waiting for Kawato
3,057 Posts
So the script called for Charlotte to hand her belt over to Becky, so that she could pose with both belts? We know how much WWE likes to micro-manage everything. So Becky didn´t go off-script, but Charlotte did by refusing to hand the belt directly to Becky and dropping it instead. I honestly find that very hard to believe, since Becky´s actions seemed clearly motivated by the two belts chant in that very moment.
Becky literally cut a backstage promo earlier in the show teasing that Becky 2 belts might make a comeback. Seems unlikely Charlotte is meant to hand the title to her, but that she takes it either from Sonya, or snatches it from Charlotte just as she tried to do.

·
Standing with The Man
6,813 Posts
So, is Charlotte trying to get out of her contract as in what some rumors state?
Wouldn't surprise me, she'll have Andrade in her ear about it constantly I'd bet. I know reports are stating WWE are scared to punish her over actions but the longer they keep the more damaging it could be, they even risk having another Alundra moment the longer she remains a champion, just get the belt on Sasha and sit her arse in catering for the rest of her contract would be their best course of action to take right now.

·
Registered
6,197 Posts
I mean...Tony would probably have to seriously sit down and weigh the options. If Charlotte really is acting out like this and has been for awhile, there's nothing stopping her from doing the same over in AEW, where the women's locker room is mostly drama free and no one there has an overinflated ego (the last woman who did got fired fairly quickly). WWE's isn't really full of drama either outside of Charlotte at this point.
Agreed. If you ever watch some of the AEW backstage vlogs. These guys and girls seem to have the times of their lives. No egos, just genuinely nice people.

The attraction of Charlotte is very obvious. It´s not even the Flair name. It´s that she would be truly despised by the smart fans and would be such an easy top heel for the women´s division. Furthermore her and Andrade could be a monster power couple, who could play up the sexuality a bit, that AEW always shies away from. On screen her perceived personality can actually be played up to further the character, but she´d really have to be on her best behaviour, cause AEW has a zero tolerance policy on backstage politics and BS imho.

·
Registered
6,197 Posts
Becky literally cut a backstage promo earlier in the show teasing that Becky 2 belts might make a comeback. Seems unlikely Charlotte is meant to hand the title to her, but that she takes it either from Sonya, or snatches it from Charlotte just as she tried to do.
Fair enough. I don´t watch the show, only saw the segment, so maybe it was in the script.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
6,514 Posts
I haven't watched the women's stuff in years, but I checked this out because of the buzz it generated. Charlotte just isn't all that good. She's a sad copy of her old man. I've always said she would been better off doing her own thing.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Wouldn't surprise me, she'll have Andrade in her ear about it constantly I'd bet. I know reports are stating WWE are scared to punish her over actions but the longer they keep the more damaging it could be, they even risk having another Alundra moment the longer she remains a champion, just get the belt on Sasha and sit her arse in catering for the rest of her contract would be their best course of action to take right now.
To me it seems obvious that WWE sees Sasha as just as much of a liability as Charlotte. Neither will face repercussions because there isn't the depth.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
This doesn’t make sense… if the “Becky 2 belts” tease is true then why was Sonya reaching out for Becky’s belt first? Unless she fucked up as well, then that gives her no right to be upset at anyone unless she’s projecting her own mistakes onto Charlotte.

I think Sonya was told to move on from the Becky 2 belts moment after the Charlotte drop and Sonya telling Charlotte to pick it up. Vince was probably livid. Becky was scripted to grab the belt away from Charlotte not from Sonya. Once it didn't happen because of Charlotte being an ass WWE just moved on and got Sasha out the as fast as they could to wrap the segment up. Becky teased the Becky 2 Belts moment earlier in the show. It's not farfetched that Becky holding up both titles for some heat was planned. Also look at Charlotte trying to play keep away from Becky before the drop. Charlotte was definitely trying to make Becky look weak.

·
Waiting for Kawato
3,057 Posts
Meh, if Vince cared enough he'd just pay her to sit home like he's done in the past, no reason to release her.
The trouble there comes from whether or not we believe the talk that Fox specifically wanted her on the show. Because if they did he really can't pay her to sit home for his own sake :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
535 Posts
Im not really a Charlotte fan but im with her here. so many on this board talk about how talent always does what they are told and never protects themselves. The image of becky holding both belts gives a snapshot of who WWE want as the star. And I love Becky. But if they had asked Austin/Rock to do this in 2000 the response from both would of been to get stuffed. So yeah Im with Charlotte here, protect your character.

21 - 40 of 85 Posts