Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone watching? Im a huge SOA fan as you probably gathered from my Avatar.

Thoughts? Predictions as to what could happen?

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,207 Posts
I'm liking it better than season 3, that is for certain. I think it is a bit deeper than it used to be and I like that the focus is local.

My prediction is that Tara and Tig don't make it through the season. Now that doesn't necessarily mean killed, but they won't make it through the season. Clay attempts to kill Piney or Bobby and season 5 will deal with those happenings.

The Tara thing supports the Hamlet motif they go with because Tara is Ophelia. Ophelia's death drove Hamlet to madness and a death, injury or divorce and custody of children ruling would make Jax go apeshit.

Kurt Sutter and the writers have also said things like this will be a high body count season for SAMCRO. A key character is going to get killed.

The Juice angle right now is very interesting to me and I am looking forward to seeing how that shakes out.

·
40,600 Posts
I couldn't stomach season 3. It was ridiculous. I mean the show overall is pretty ridiculous, but season 3 just took it too far. I stopped somewhere mid season. The first episode of this season was better than anything I saw last season.

The main problem I've had with the show is that this it is an extremely violent world they live in, yet no one ever dies among SAMCRO. It's pretty stupid and strains the already shaky realism of the show.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
Half-Sack died :(

the first two seasons were fantastic, and i found the third to still be pretty entertaining just because i love the characters, ut it was an obvious downgrade. but with the addition of some great new cast members, and a re-focus on the inner workings of the clu inside Charming, its back to the quality of its beginning.

·
40,600 Posts
I forgot about that. He had a pretty heroic death too. He always had DEAD MEAT written all over him. I guess I mean a shocking death.

Clay, Jax, and his mom seem to all have plot armor. Anyone else can be killed and it won't matter to the plot. Plus, it would dramatically increase the tension of the show.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
yeah. but it even goes to your point, because the only reason he got killed off is because he wanted off the show. if he had never wanted to leave, he probably wouldn't be dead either.

i do think we may see a death or two this season, or that might just be me hoping.

·
Premium Member
13,081 Posts
Wouldn't surprise me if Trejo kills a couple since he's cartel, the sheriff kills some guys, he'll do whatever it takes to rid charming of the parasite he see's SAMCRO as. SAMCRO has too good of relations with all the gangs, can see the sheriff stirring shit up there.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think that the shit is gonna hit the fan when Jax finds out exactly what happened to J.T. It may even drive him to kill Clay because of it and screw up his relationship with Tara and his mother. I think that eventually we will see the mental disintegration of Jax in a similar way to Hamlet. The realisation of what really happened to his dad coupled with his relationship with Tara being affected will mess him up completely. Season 4 will be based heavily around the dynamic within the Teller-Morrow family, moreso than past seasons imo.

I just dont see his relationship with Tara lasting. It would be too predictable to kill her off, so I think their relationship will somehow be damaged beyond repair.

I also see a major character being killed off. My money is on Tig or Chibs.

I agree that the relationship with Trejo and the cartel will turn sour at some point and the Mayans will turn against Samcro again too. That is a shaky alliance to say the least.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I forgot about that. He had a pretty heroic death too. He always had DEAD MEAT written all over him. I guess I mean a shocking death.

Clay, Jax, and his mom seem to all have plot armor. Anyone else can be killed and it won't matter to the plot. Plus, it would dramatically increase the tension of the show.
That wont last, especially with the implication that Clay and Gemma were responsible for J.T's death.

·
Keeping the red flag flying high
2,046 Posts
The new season is certainly better than season 3, plus loving the new additions to the cast and the story seesm to be getting back to the Jaxx vs Clay storyline which is good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts