Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I was watching one of Robbie E's matches under the name Rob Eckos, and the guy actually incorporates some aerial moves that would make it more believable that he's an X Division wrestler. My beef is, why don't they have "Robbie E" do anything remotely similar to the X Division style, which is emphasis on speed and high flying moves?

I know heels aren't supposed to do a lot of moves that may enable a positive reaction from the crowd, but if Austin Starr (Aries) can have the 450, or Petey Williams can do the slingshot Hurricanrana to the outside, or the majority of Generation Me's moveset, then why can't the champion actually do something that'll make his in ring stuff in TNA look less bland?

If you're gonna give a wrestler a corny gimmick, you could at least let his move set be more diverse. At Turning Point, Lethal basically carried the match, and it was solid, but just imagine how much more solid it would be if Robbie E could actually use his moveset rather than just punches, a suplex, maybe a dropkick, and the cutter/neckbreaker finishers he has.

I just had to get that off my chest, what do you guys think of all this?

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Okay, so I was watching one of Robbie E's matches under the name Rob Eckos, and the guy actually incorporates some aerial moves that would make it more believable that he's an X Division wrestler. My beef is, why don't they have "Robbie E" do anything remotely similar to the X Division style, which is emphasis on speed and high flying moves?

I know heels aren't supposed to do a lot of moves that may enable a positive reaction from the crowd, but if Austin Starr (Aries) can have the 450, or Petey Williams can do the slingshot Hurricanrana to the outside, or the majority of Generation Me's moveset, then why can't the champion actually do something that'll make his in ring stuff in TNA look less bland?

If you're gonna give a wrestler a corny gimmick, you could at least let his move set be more diverse. At Turning Point, Lethal basically carried the match, and it was solid, but just imagine how much more solid it would be if Robbie E could actually use his moveset rather than just punches, a suplex, maybe a dropkick, and the cutter/neckbreaker finishers he has.

I just had to get that off my chest, what do you guys think of all this?
Isn't the X division just based on 'no limitations' rather than high-flying and speed?

·
Registered
574 Posts
I havent seen his other work, but if that is true its stupid they don't incorporate it, because as an X-div guy I believe they should make up for the smaller look by doing more crazier moves, and if his capable of it - then why not

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
Maybe he'll break it out once in a while or it clashes with his gimmick? Iono...I'm just guessing that the first time he does it, he'll probably get a reaction and the Impact zone will eat it up and seeing how they're there every week TNA will either make him over do it, he'll either over do it or he'll end up getting a face turn because of his reaction similar to Pope's quick face turn

·
"Ingrato De Chicago"
1,005 Posts
Maybe he'll break it out once in a while or it clashes with his gimmick? Iono...I'm just guessing that the first time he does it, he'll probably get a reaction and the Impact zone will eat it up and seeing how they're there every week TNA will either make him over do it, he'll either over do it or he'll end up getting a face turn because of his reaction similar to Pope's quick face turn
Beat me to it.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Sounds like a good heel move to me. Once he does a shooting star press to the outside of the ring on someone, he will get cheered and I don't think that is the goal.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I never said he was a Jack Evans type, or Teddy Hart. I'm just saying is it so much to ask for a Diving Crossbody at the least, or a Lionsault? Those are pretty basic high flying moves that show more diversity to his moveset, and won't necessarily make the crowd go apeshit, but knowing the IZ crowd...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts