Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
non wwe style wrestling.

my favorite wrestler of all time is Eddie Guerrero and i was watching a bunch of his matchs the other day sorta to cemeorate his death. in any case the one thing i really noticed was eddie was the one of the ( if not the last) of a dying breed in wwe. I'm talking about the journey man wreslter, the guy who traveled all around the world learning different styles and using them to form a new hybrid style. Gone are the days when the likes of eddie, dean, benoit and jericho, used there international influenced style to put on some of the best and most exciting wrestling matches in history. That saddens me as aside from daniel bryan and rey mysterio and cm punk ( with jericho gone for the time being) the only style of wrestling that will be taught and showcased is the wwe style they teach at fcw.

Now i am not saying that its a totally bad thing as wwe still has lots of talented performers and can put on very exciting matches, its just it pains me to see how obvious the guys of the past from what i have watched on dvd the last few days are so far above the guys of today that i wish wwe would be more open to searching the world, finding guys like eddie, or more guys like daniel bryan who have real world wide experience wrestling and bring them in. So what if they don't fit the wwe style perfectly, at one point in time neither did eddie but he seemed to do alright for himself.

I am enjoying the youth movement as i am a fan of nexus and what not, i just hope that this youth movement can deliver at least to sum degree the same as their predecessors.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
Well, problem is there is a lack of guys like Eddie, Benoit and Jericho who traveled the world to perfect their craft. Its a different age, the closest we have to that are Daniel Bryan, Alberto Del Rio, CM Punk and Kaval.

I do agree though, guys like that, they knew wrestling.

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
If you want an international style, then try indy promotions like roh, pwg, or try japaneese puroresu.

You watch wwe and you are going to get a wwe style.

As redeadening said the closest we have to an international style today is dragon, dos caras/del rio, punk, and kaval/low ki.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I absolutely loved watching matches involving Eddie, Benoit, Jericho and Angle.
Whatever combination you had with these four guys, we watched great matches.

I think CM Punk and Daniel Bryan are closest from current roster but they fall short as well.
IC title and even European championship meant something great when those 4 guys were involved in the
division. I think Ziggler and Bryan has put some meaning back to IC and US titles respectively.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Well but even Eddie had in WWE a WWE Style, you gotta have your 5 Matches of doom and built a Story around it, but he always surprised with different Moves, and i agree what others said those are the Guy that are the best thing that are kinda close to it, i miss those Guys to but its important to not hang too long in the past, for you should appreciate what you got and not what you don't.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts