Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm watching his match with Cesaro from smackdown, and noticed that before he pulls out a suicide dive, he does the sign of the cross, and it made me realize just how much the little things add to the realism in wrestling and how good a psychologist Ambrose really is.

By doing it, Ambrose gives just a little insight into his mind. He's a little scared about jumping headfirst into someone, but he does it anyway.

I really hope Ambrose goes far, I think he's a more natural, less theatric mic worker than wyatt, and only rollins, bryan and cesaro are better workers. This is the guy wwe needs to put there money into, not reigns.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Agreed

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
Ambrose is overrated as a worker, but he is talented. He has a great wrestling persona, and he's not bad in the ring, but I wouldn't put him in the top 20 of guys in the company right now. That's including NXT. Not knocking Ambrose at all, but what he lacks in straight up talent he makes up for it with his character work. He plays his character as good as anyone on the show right now.

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
Ambrose is overrated as a worker, but he is talented. He has a great wrestling persona, and he's not bad in the ring, but I wouldn't put him in the top 20 of guys in the company right now. That's including NXT. Not knocking Ambrose at all, but what he lacks in straight up talent he makes up for it with his character work. He plays his character as good as anyone on the show right now.
It depends what you're looking for. I would take an Ambrose match over literally anyone else in the entire company, because I'm big on storytelling and ring psychology and couldn't care less about movez or technical wrestling.

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts
I think he's a more natural, less theatric mic worker than wyatt
He's also not as good, so, there's that.

He does everything right, though. He should be one of their next big stars but he doesn't have the look and he's entertaining, so Vince will let him suffer in the midcard while Reigns and Rollins reap the rewards.

·
The NEW
13,420 Posts
Yeah, Ambrose is the man. Hope he goes far too.

I think only on the main roster Bryan, Cesaro, Rollins, Sheamus & Ziggler are better workers than him. So he is in top-6

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
So funny to read this because I like his ring work but can't stand his character work . :cool2

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Ambrose isn't a technical wrestler, he was in the czw stabbing people with fork and hitting lightubes. He's more a classic wrestler and knows how to put on a match and get the crowd into it, however as of late he's being trying harder with the suicide dives and missile dropkick so he's improving and of course he's the best talker in the WWE right now.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
That kind of psychology is one of the reasons he's had such an explosion in connection to the fans. There's going out there and doing what you planned on doing, and there's going out there hitting all the spots you planned on and telling a story as you go. Engage the crowd.

·
Leader of #TeamBAE
1,560 Posts
OP is spot on. His mannerisms are perfect -- face or heel. He's the new People's Champ -- as we all predicted three years ago.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
It's his in ring psychology. He isn't just going through the motions that so many of the guys do now. He can tell a story.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I agree with you op Ambrose is my number one guy in the company right now. Everything he does makes you want to watch more promos and matches of him

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Always the little things with Ambrose :mark:

·
DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!
730 Posts
This, just made me more of a fan. Thanks for the share OP.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts