Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is Daniel Bryan not in Lawler's place. They could have had him give the belt to Dibiase, and Bryan could have feuded with Miz since they hated each other on NXT, AND had a confrontation with Michael Cole. Anybody thought about this?

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
I think the problem is that the whole Bryan/Miz situation was resolved when Bryan won the US Championship, and began feuding with Ziggler, and later Dibiase. I'm sure that one day Bryan/Miz will be revisited, but now is not the time.

Also, because WWE Creative are fucking morons.

·
ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,284 Posts
Because the WWE creative team are fucking retarded, anyway I think there just doing this because Lawlers retiring soon

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
I always wondered the same thing. I seriously do not understand this concept but then again it’s the WWE so I’m not all that surprised but if they was going to give The Miz a filler opponent for the Elimination Chamber pay-per-view to truly build him more and get ready to face John Cena then Daniel Bryan was the perfect choice. A good ol champion Vs champion match for the pay-per-view and the build up and storyline between Miz/Bryan is already there. DB could of easily bring up their last singles encounter of how he defeated The Miz countless times but yet he stand before him as the WWE Champion and in respectfully he feels that he deserve an opportunity to have a title shot.

I mean it’s just so many ways they could’ve of gone with the Miz/DB-I mean hell DB could have been the one to win the RAW Royal Rumble instead of just challenging him for it. There is just so many ways of how this could of happen but no, we got Jerry Lawler as the No. 1 contender. Youth movement my ass, I don’t care if he is about to leave, he don’t need to be hogging the spotlight while they could have been establishing guys like Morrison or DB more.

Lawler had overstayed his welcome for the last 6 years anyway and he just needs to GTFO cause sadly for him his commentating career has overlooked his wrestling career from this generations perspective and he will be remembered nothing more then a loudmouth commentator.

Sad thing is, Lawler is one of the top most over guys in the company and Daniel Bryan is nowhere near the popularity of Lawler. How terrible. I’m more rather surprised that a lot of people on here are willing to accept Lawler as WWE Champion but then again with The Miz holding the strap-the title is just the Intercontinental championship with no credibility.

·
KAMEHAMEHA!
18,184 Posts
Lawler is as over as he is today b/c of Michael Cole and The Miz + the fact that he's an old (vintage) guy.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
If Jerry Lawler getting a world title shot @ Elimination Chamber = Jerry Lawler getting his old, tired, wrinkled, irritating, overrated ass out of WWE programming 2 months later...then I'll put up with it.

·
WWE Analyzer
176 Posts
Also, because WWE Creative are fucking morons.
How do you figure? The WWE is trying to get viewers. They're going to get more viewers and revenue by pulling at generic wrestling fans heart strings with Jerry Lawler than what they are fulfilling the fantasys of the IWC.

We may hate it, but theres a reason the WWE dont care about us lol.

·
KAMEHAMEHA!
18,184 Posts
All of that might be true but it'd still be hard-pressed to go against saying that them writers are anything but brain-dead.

·
WWE Analyzer
176 Posts

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
I agree. This should be DB's spot. Lawler can have his send off in a hundred ways other than fucking with the credibility of the WWE Champion. Could've easily gotten a good filler match for the title at EC with DB/Miz, not to mention it helps Bryan get over even more. You know, instead of wasting a push on a 60 year old commentator.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Yeah i personally think it would have been better scenario and it woud have helped Bryan a lot because he's been coming out to dead reaction these past few weeks since the Bellas are getting into his personal life.

Oh well, all i can say is, i hope Lawler enjoys his last hurrah before his (supposed) retirement, because i can't wait for that guy to stop being a 'scene stealer', as Michael Cole would say.

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Basically it wouldn't be bad if Daniel Bryan was at least involved in this feud. I mean, him helping Lawler from the start could have been good or vice versa.

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The ability to think makes us dangerous creatures. Best to just enjoy the ride and fight through the bits that make you feel queezy.
lol yeah, We just have to bear through this...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Because WWE is interested primarily in getting viewers and money. And more people care about Lawler than do about Bryan because to the majority of WWE viewers, Bryan's done fuck all apart from make the Miz tap out twice. That's all he's done in their eyes, so he's nothing special as far as the WWE goes.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Miz and Bryan is done for now. Miz is WWE Champion, Bryan is the king of mid carders and is US Champion. They have their own businesses.

I'm sure Miz and Bryan will feud again in the future.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
It's a good idea and makes a lot of sense. It would benefit Daniel Bryan, Ted Dibiase... as well as all of us for not having King shoved down our throats every week. However, like everyone said - it's an IWC dream and it's very rare that those dreams come true. I can't see them having Daniel Bryan anywhere near the WWE title picture at the minute (same should go for Miz himself, but that's a different story... :rolleyes:)

I hate all this Jerry Lawler stuff, every single week it fucking angers me with how much he is involved. He's a fat little wrinkled Oompa Loompa in rhinestones who is a shadow of his former self on commentary. I give no fuck about his wrestling. He's old.

I've accepted it now though as it's leading to him retiring. Just look on the brightside - Lawler/Miz at Elimination Chamber can signify a bathroom break or a chance to get some snacks. That's the way I'm looking at it.

·
Banned
1,189 Posts
Lawler's more over and this is WWE giving Lawler his final bow. Can't have the part of Jerry Lawler played by someone else in this context.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts