Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As mentioned in the title i was bored and realised something. As you can see everytime you look at the index there are nearly 9000 members on these boards, and that can cause quite a slowdown. Maybe 9000 members is quite good and means that a lot of posts get made. I think not. If you look at the members lists and go on the top posters then go to about page 20 then you will realise that even by that stage most of the people have less then 50 posts. I got to page 90 before it locked up, but by page 50 everybody only had 3. My point? There was 382 pages of members, and only about 5% of those were regular posters. So wouldn't it be a good idea to get rid of the people who sign up and never post, as they probably waste a chunk of connection speed?

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
People have said this before. I agree with it, but more members makes the forum look bigger, causing more members to join. I fail to see how more members helps the forum if most of them don't post, but that's the way it's done.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
If we got rid of some accounts wouldnt that make the forum faster.
I mean where always doing things to make the forums faster, ie deleting PM's.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
The non-posting members make the forums appear bigger, Encourging more guests to join/re-visit. With these guests comes money, Via the pop-ups.

N

·
0 Posts
What you do not understand is a few of your posts takes up more space than a non-posting member...so why don't I just delete your threads? lol...

I have pruned the Trash Can recently and about 5,000 posts or so was deleted...

·
Laughter is just surpressing depression
3,613 Posts
Yeah, and that goes with all boards. You can't expect everyone who signs up to be a regular poster.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts