Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
emotion!! i remember watching wrestling and seeing 2 guys in the ring so angry and ready to kill eachother they could hardley wait for the bell to ring. i remember watching saying "oh shit he didnt just say that to (insert mark), hes gonna rip his head off! look how angry he looks!" now it just seems like everyone is smug about it and they dont even look angry. orton just smiles at everyone and cena's angry face is just a joke to me. i could name all the greats like the rock and SCSA, but even the mid carders, remember how pissed off razor ramon was when goldust was stalking him? when i was a kid i thought goldust was gonna get his nuggets riped off because of razors reaction. now a days it seems like everyone is softend to the point theres no animosity what so ever. and like i said, i see cenas angry face, still isnt remotely belivable. im not saying everyone should go around pissed off but this happy-go-lucky shit is starting to feel like the small world ride at disney...

on another note why are all these kids getting upset that cena lost? there schools need to bring in counsel to help them? there hero lost a match and they act like they frigging shot him into space. i guess kids dont remember what a comeback is. /rant off

just some thoughts from the angry little man inside my head who wants to see some good TV. anyone agree with this crazy little bastard?

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I love when there's emotions involved, makes the rivalry that much bigger.

Anyways, we got plenty emotion this year at WM when HBK retired.

Though, lets say that doesn't count, when was the last time there was an emotionally rivalry? 4 days ago, if you say Cena didn't show emotion during and after his match, then you're just a hater.

All in all, there isn't really any feuds at the moment where you could show emotion. Maybe except Cena/Nexus, ADR/Rey-Rey and Undertaker/Kane, show there's plenty emotion in WWE. Every single person in that lockerroom loves what they do, they all got passion, so I disagree, I miss WWF, but not for the emotion.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
im not saying that they dont have emotion for there art and what they do, im just saying they dont show it like they used to. how many times do we see staring contest between 2 people? how many times do we see someone staring at the titontron? im not saying theres no emotion, just that the wrestlers dont project that 'hatred' that made feuds worth watching.

and yes hbk did a great job with his retirement, but i still count him as one of the old guys, and you cant deny that his energy level went wayyyy down over the years, and rightfully so. regardless i just want to see more emotion (anger, remorse, pitty, anything but this "ill show you" that we get now)

and yes cena did come across with alot of emotion, and ill be marking for cena (for the first time i might add) if over the next weeks he gets so gradually pissed off he just looses his cool and smashes wades head in. this is the kind of emotion i want!

appriciate the feedback :)

·
Banned
2,236 Posts
I think you're referring to a blood feud, the last meaningful one being HBK v Jericho in 2008.

For mine, my fave blood feud was Macho v Jake 91/92

·
Always sees what you don't
164 Posts
Austin vs hart was a blood feud. You legitamtly thought they hated each other, hen in fact they are good friends. They don't make guys like that anymore.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
Orton vs. HHH (until WM 25) was that very feud. everyone expected it to be as heavy as shit when it came to WM.

sweet Baby Jesus, when Orton took out Steph, I think HHH's head was just gonna (kayfabe) pop he was fuming so bad.

same thing when it was Michaels vs. Jericho.

so i don't know what you're saying. it still happens, in the "new" days. why, Sheamus just looked like he was gonna choke a bitch on Raw this week, and then destroyed Daniel Bryans face.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes thats what im talking about, it just doesnt seem as intense now a days. i look back to ric flair, he drove me frigging nuts in the 90's, but theres good emotion i remember to, a good example (i know im gonna get a ton of heat) is santino! he looks like hes havin a blast out there, punk has some great emotion and hopefully we see that on raw soon.

·
Always sees what you don't
164 Posts
Orton vs. HHH (until WM 25) was that very feud. everyone expected it to be as heavy as shit when it came to WM.

sweet Baby Jesus, when Orton took out Steph, I think HHH's head was just gonna (kayfabe) pop he was fuming so bad.

so i don't know what you're saying. it still happens, in the "new" days. why, Sheamus just looked like he was gonna choke a bitch on Raw this week, and then destroyed Daniel Bryans face.
Yah but WM25 match made it that HHH couldn't get DQ and basically killed the feud with the stupidest ending ever. Who booked that crap, steph McMahon?

Michaels vs Jericho was great but that was such a throwback that we all knew it was unlike anything else at the time. WWE messed up so many other chances to have a blood feuds and instead we get guys like sanction marellea pretending to be a women while the announcers pretend not to see it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

i seen sheamus come out and beat the hell outta bryan but i still dont see the emotional depth that i and others have used in examples of past feuds. are you seriously going to say sheamus's attack on DB was a good segment?

so we got the likes of:

savage-jake roberts
orton-hhh
hbk-bret
and sheamus beating up bryan? you had me untill you brought up that waste of time.

·
9,748 Posts
Yah but WM25 match made it that HHH couldn't get DQ and basically killed the feud with the stupidest ending ever. Who booked that crap, steph McMahon?

Michaels vs Jericho was great but that was such a throwback that we all knew it was unlike anything else at the time. WWE messed up so many other chances to have a blood feuds and instead we get guys like sanction marellea pretending to be a women while the announcers pretend not to see it.
i don't care about the WM 25 match. you said it doesn't happen anymore, i'm saying it does. each year usually has a great feud like that.

Edge vs. Matt Hardy is another prime example.
Undertaker vs. Edge isn't a bad one either, as Edge pretty much tried to kill Taker.

and what about this Santino shit? the Attitude era had Mae Young giving birth to a goddamn hand. quit looking into the past with blinders, there was stupid shit back then too.

i seen sheamus come out and beat the hell outta bryan but i still dont see the emotional depth that i and others have used in examples of past feuds. are you seriously going to say sheamus's attack on DB was a good segment?

so we got the likes of:

savage-jake roberts
orton-hhh
hbk-bret
and sheamus beating up bryan? you had me untill you brought up that waste of time.
please don't be ridiculous and waste my time. you're comparing classic FEUDS to a match on Raw where a guy lost his temper. when did i say they were the same? i didn't, that's right, that's you putting words in my mouth. i'm saying, he came out, pretty damn mad, and basically kicked Bryans head in like he wanted to kill him for a minute.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i don't care about the WM 25 match. you said it doesn't happen anymore, i'm saying it does. each year usually has a great feud like that.

Undertaker vs. Edge isn't a bad one either, as Edge pretty much tried to kill Taker.

and what about this Santino shit? the Attitude era had Mae Young giving birth to a goddamn hand. quit looking into the past with blinders, there was stupid shit back then too.

please don't be ridiculous and waste my time. you're comparing classic FEUDS to a match on Raw where a guy lost his temper. when did i say they were the same? i didn't, that's right, that's you putting words in my mouth. i'm saying, he came out, pretty damn mad, and basically kicked Bryans head in like he wanted to kill him for a minute.

how did i put words in your mouth? whats this thread about? WWE missing emotion built feuds, what did you use for an example? sheamus being a bully. im not putting words in your mouth, if i did i would have used a much better example.

and not to mention it was MY OPINON, if you dont like it, then stop reading and go to a new thread. besides that your wasting your own time buddy.

·
9,748 Posts
emotion!! i remember watching wrestling and seeing 2 guys in the ring so angry and ready to kill eachother
i was talking directly to this, not to the rest of the subject in general. this is what i was talking about. you're the one who related it to everything else.

you said "emotion!!" not "emotion built feuds." and i've already spoken about that anyway, so i decided to address the FIRST line of your thread subject. you're welcome.

and i've obviously proven examples of it still happening, and i see you have nothing to say about it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

i must have overlooked this statement, what in holy hell does this have to do with the topic!! i stated santino at least acts like hes having fun out there, what the fuck does that have to do with mea young? and i didnt even watch WWE then so how is that my past?

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,971 Posts
emotion!! i remember watching wrestling and seeing 2 guys in the ring so angry and ready to kill eachother they could hardley wait for the bell to ring. i remember watching saying "oh shit he didnt just say that to (insert mark), hes gonna rip his head off! look how angry he looks!" now it just seems like everyone is smug about it and they dont even look angry. orton just smiles at everyone and cena's angry face is just a joke to me. i could name all the greats like the rock and SCSA, but even the mid carders, remember how pissed off razor ramon was when goldust was stalking him? when i was a kid i thought goldust was gonna get his nuggets riped off because of razors reaction. now a days it seems like everyone is softend to the point theres no animosity what so ever. and like i said, i see cenas angry face, still isnt remotely belivable. im not saying everyone should go around pissed off but this happy-go-lucky shit is starting to feel like the small world ride at disney...

on another note why are all these kids getting upset that cena lost? there schools need to bring in counsel to help them? there hero lost a match and they act like they frigging shot him into space. i guess kids dont remember what a comeback is. /rant off

just some thoughts from the angry little man inside my head who wants to see some good TV. anyone agree with this crazy little bastard?
You say you miss the emotion yet you question why kids are getting upset? THEY ARE EMOTIONALLY INVESTED IN CENA JUST HOW YOU WERE WITH YOUR OLD FAVS!!!!!

·
9,748 Posts
i must have overlooked this statement, what in holy hell does this have to do with the topic!! i stated santino at least acts like hes having fun out there, what the fuck does that have to do with mea young? and i didnt even watch WWE then so how is that my past?
are you blind? i wasn't talking to you, i quoted someone elses post and then responded to it with that response. pay attention.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i was talking directly to this, not to the rest of the subject in general. this is what i was talking about. you're the one who related it to everything else.

you said "emotion!!" not "emotion built feuds." and i've already spoken about that anyway, so i decided to address the FIRST line of your thread subject. you're welcome.

and i've obviously proven examples of it still happening, and i see you have nothing to say about it.

actually the examples you used ALL included people from the 90's, with exception to orton, who i didnt think was the best choice IMO. so let me get this right, you can pick the first word in my post but neglect the rest of it? but i cant pick out the whole point of your sheamus argument? :confused:

·
9,748 Posts
actually the examples you used ALL included people from the 90's, with exception to orton, who i didnt think was the best choice IMO. so let me get this right, you can pick the first word in my post but neglect the rest of it? but i cant pick out the whole point of your sheamus argument? :confused:
actually i responded to all of your points. i used Sheamus for emotion, and then listed some powerfu emotion built feuds for that subject. you took Sheamus and related it to everything, whereas i did not.

this really isn't that hard to comprehend. and so what if they include people from the 90's? you said they didn't happen anymore, i said they did, and it turns out you're basically admitting they do.

you're welcome, again.

oh, and John Cena vs. JBL. there, JBL was from the 90's but Cena wasn't. there's another one, just for kicks.

there's also John cena vs. Randy Orton, where Randy tried to blow Cena up with fireworks, handcuffed him to a turnbuckle and basically tried to torture him so he'd say I Quit. but yeah, emotion just doesn't happen anymore.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
you used 2 examples (good ones to) but i just think the sheamus point was a little forced. ok i was harsh saying it doesnt happen anymore, obviously there is emotion, but i feel (and its ok if you dont agree) that it doesnt have the same intensity that it used to. right or wrong thats how i see it. and i dont see why its even an argument? yes there have been some great feuds, do i think they are as "emotional" as the ones in years past? I dont think so.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
actually i responded to all of your points. i used Sheamus for emotion, and then listed some powerfu emotion built feuds for that subject. you took Sheamus and related it to everything, whereas i did not.

this really isn't that hard to comprehend. and so what if they include people from the 90's? you said they didn't happen anymore, i said they did, and it turns out you're basically admitting they do.

you're welcome, again.

oh, and John Cena vs. JBL. there, JBL was from the 90's but Cena wasn't. there's another one, just for kicks.

there's also John cena vs. Randy Orton, where Randy tried to blow Cena up with fireworks, handcuffed him to a turnbuckle and basically tried to torture him so he'd say I Quit. but yeah, emotion just doesn't happen anymore.

i still dont see how this relates to my claim that they dont have the general animosity that used to be associated with feuds, im glad you thought it did though. and im not a fan of all that gimmicky shit anyway. but thats still just my opinon :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts