Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to shake things up and attemp to compete with ufc, nfl ect. What if they attempted to betray a real sport! Have win loss records, don't allow such ridiculous hangs happen with out explanation! Don't get me wrong still allow the characters and the ludicris storylines just incorporate the sport back into the product!

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Wouldn't work because then it'd be too obvious to the casual viewer how hard they're ramming certain wrestlers down their throats and be too obvious how little effort they're putting into other guys.

·
Registered
7,900 Posts
I don't like the idea. If they want to do something to gain a little more credibility the should divide the Championships by weights. World Heavyweight, Middle Heavyweight and Light Heavyweight. It doesn't make sense to have a guy like Rey to be the World Heavyweight Champion.

If they are going to have matches between big and small guys then make them 100% grudge matches. Not for a title. Ok maybe the WWE title could be for all weights.

·
Premium Member
15,557 Posts
Okay, yeah, Ring Of Honor use to have the rankings. And obviously it didn't work. But, I think it was a top 5 and not sure how you advanced up the ladder. And then, Survival Of The Fittest but I can't even remember what the purpose of that was. Or was it Do Or Die? I don't know, been awhile since I followed it.

And I wanna say TNA did it recently, maybe 2010? But, I don't know.

And then, OP, what you're describing (I assume you're describing) kinda sounds like the Bound For Glory series.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Okay, yeah, Ring Of Honor use to have the rankings. And obviously it didn't work. But, I think it was a top 5 and not sure how you advanced up the ladder. And then, Survival Of The Fittest but I can't even remember what the purpose of that was. Or was it Do Or Die? I don't know, been awhile since I followed it.

And I wanna say TNA did it recently, maybe 2010? But, I don't know.

And then, OP, what you're describing (I assume you're describing) kinda sounds like the Bound For Glory series.
Yup,that whole win and ranking system

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts