Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As the title says, who is someone that never made it to the WWE that you expected to. I mainly mean around the time that WCW and ECW went out of business.

The guy that surprises me is Steve Corino. The guy was good enough in the ring and was always great on the mic. He always struck me as a WWE-type worker, mainly an entertainer, but good enough in the ring to hold his own against most. Kind of reminds me of Jericho.

Do you agree with me about him, and who is your answer?

can you please try and think of someone who isn't obvious/generic like Sting, that's an obvious one. I mean guys past their prime basically

·
Asuka
96,568 Posts
I'm AMAZED that AJ Styles is still running around with that clown show and hasn't tried to make it in WWE. I can't figure out what he's afraid of. There's only 2 options he's got if he goes, he either makes it in WWE, and for the sake of it, let's say "making it" just means he has a steady position, not necessarily a main eventer, but maybe a main eventer, you never know. I don't think he'd ever get that far for various reasons, but you never know. But let's say he gets a steady position on the roster, he's making money, etc. Option 2, he doesn't make it and he ends up back in TNA. Does he SERIOUSLY think that TNA is going to fuck him over when he comes back? They're pushing DERRICK BATEMAN as the nephew of the owner of the company. This company stuffs their hand up the asshole of anything that touches WWE so hard, you'd think they were pirates looking for buried treasure.

In a way I'm almost more shocked Sting hasn't joined, but in a way I'm also not because not being in WWE has kinda become his legacy, although he doesn't seem like he's shut the door on it completely.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sting has always been surprising, but honestly at this point I don't even wanna see him in WWE. I've always been more about up and comers, not old guys that go on wayyyyy too long.

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts
Well I know you said about the WCW/ECW time but I really think Austin Aries would be GREAT in the WWE, I'd love to see him come over.

I don't really watch much TNA to be honest, but from what I've seen Austin Aries is really impressive, AJ Styles I thought was also, but Austin Aries for sure!!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I know you said about the WCW/ECW time but I really think Austin Aries would be GREAT in the WWE, I'd love to see him come over.

I don't really watch much TNA to be honest, but from what I've seen Austin Aries is really impressive, AJ Styles I thought was also, but Austin Aries for sure!!!

definitely agree there. Aries winning the World title got me into wrestling again. The guy is a hidden gem who they had a chance to go with but didn't.. He was actually the voice for the story character in one of the WWE games (can't remember which, prob one of the SvR series), fun fact for ya

and the reason I said that era is because most of those guys will never get a shot as their retired or too old to do anything now, unlike AJ or Aries. who still have some hope

·
18,013 Posts
definitely agree there. Aries winning the World title got me into wrestling again. The guy is a hidden gem who they had a chance to go with but didn't.. He was actually the voice for the story character in one of the WWE games (can't remember which, prob one of the SvR series), fun fact for ya

and the reason I said that era is because most of those guys will never get a shot as their retired or too old to do anything now, unlike AJ or Aries. who still have some hope
Yeah, wrestlers usually are at their peak at around mid - late 30's ... and they can go into their 50's as long as they keep in shape, I mean look at Rob Van Dam for example, the way he wrestles takes a lot to do and I know he's only 42, so still young really ... but my point is, Austin Aries and them, have a LOT left in them, Aries is only 35 I think, so he's very young still.

I would like to see him in the WWE for sure, he's probably the only one from TNA I would love to see there, but like I say, I haven't watched much TNA to fully say, just this guy seriously stands out to me big time!!!!

From what I have seen, TNA have got a lot of talent, it's just the product for me personally that seems amateur, which is why I'm not really all that into it, as opposed to WWE :)

·
Banned
2,765 Posts
Aries is too short for the WWE. I know why you would say AJ Styles but if John Morrison couldn't make it why would AJ cut it?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Aries is too short for the WWE. I know why you would say AJ Styles but if John Morrison couldn't make it why would AJ cut it?
Aries is a whopping 1 inch shorter than Daniel Bryan.. not to mention Mysterio and probably a few other shorter.

·
Banned
2,765 Posts
Aries is a whopping 1 inch shorter than Daniel Bryan.. not to mention Mysterio and probably a few other shorter.
Right but Aries has the attitude of Hogan ala 1989 you know? They would have to put a mask on Aries or give him a comedy gimmick. Do you think Aries would roll with that? Vince doesn't want a midget with an attidude. Trust me.

·
18,013 Posts
He's taller than Rey Mysterio, Jamie Noble and Sin Cara, Spike Dudley is the same height, Evan Bourne, Eddie Guererro, Chavo Guererro and Brian Kendrick are only slightly taller, and Owen Hart, Daniel Bryan etc... also aren't really much taller either, I don't see why that would make a difference when his talent is so good.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Right but Aries has the attitude of Hogan ala 1989 you know? They would have to put a mask on Aries or give him a comedy gimmick. Do you think Aries would roll with that? Vince doesn't want a midget with an attidude. Trust me.
I have never heard anything about Arie's attitude, then again I haven't looked into it. I can't imagine him being any different than CM Punk.

·
18,013 Posts
At the end of the day, Aries is talented enough and he's also a draw, so there is no reason why Vince wouldn't hire him, Vince loves the dollar, Aries would bring in the dollar, so it is possible Aries could work in WWE.

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
I think if Aries and Styles were true free agents right now still working the likes of ROH and PWG they'd have a good shot at being signed by the WWE, because the WWE has been signing indy "stars" left and right lately due to HHH's involvement. Didn't Aries apply for Tough Enough and they turned him down? That's pathetic, although it probably would have been unfair too.

I always expected to see Samoa Joe and Bobby Roode in the WWE as well. Joe due to his family and that he could play a crazy Samoan or something which Vince loves. Roode because he's the total package IMO. He could easily be a star in the WWE, he's missing out on a lot of money. Thing is though he looks a lot like HHH and that might put the WWE off.

Mike Sanders was green when WCW gave him a fairly big role on Nitro, but I have to admit he did very well considering his experience. I always expected the WWF to call him up as Bischoff's right hand man or something, to use his mic skills.

·
Banned
2,765 Posts
He's taller than Rey Mysterio, Jamie Noble and Sin Cara, Spike Dudley is the same height, Evan Bourne, Eddie Guererro, Chavo Guererro and Brian Kendrick are only slightly taller, and Owen Hart, Daniel Bryan etc... also aren't really much taller either, I don't see why that would make a difference when his talent is so good.
Like I said the mask made Myserio in WWE, Guerrero was there for the hispanic audience...the otherw are not great examples for people who were successful in the WWE.

I have never heard anything about Arie's attitude, then again I haven't looked into it. I can't imagine him being any different than CM Punk.
dude there is all kind of dirt on Aries. I'm sure Vince saw videos of Hemme and Aries said to himself "I don't that headache in my company".

1 - 20 of 41 Posts