Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iv just painfully watch Smackdown, for the first time in months

The show was terrible in all honesty but the biggest problem comes from whoever is editing the crowd cheers and boos

RAW is live and we all notice that the majority of the time the crowds are completely dead so Smackdown live must be ten times worse

So when these fake pops and cheers are thrown in over promos for Reigns and Bryan and all the other creepy faces, or Vinces wanabe faces, its so cringey to hear and makes WWE look more weak and pathetic than ever!

AT LEAST make it sound beleivable if editing has to be done because the crowds are so dead, because the guy doing it now is failing miserabley.

Or better still, hears a long shot idea, make the product better so no editing crowds has to be so highly enforced

Shoddy work from a bilion dollar company

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I wonder how many times a day a thread like this is made

·
Registered
621 Posts
It is a nuisance. It's not even well hidden, they put in good pops for superstars doing promos, but the crowd are clearly sitting on their hands showing no reaction at all.

·
Kerser is the sickest.
1,506 Posts
It is a nuisance. It's not even well hidden, they put in good pops for superstars doing promos, but the crowd are clearly sitting on their hands showing no reaction at all.
That's always been the problem. There'll be these huge pops for shit superstars but literally every person in the crowd is sitting. They're not even clapping.

·
Fearless University Graduate
17,762 Posts
I dont even pay attention to the piped in cheers/heat on SD anymore unless its mentioned while I'm watching it. Kind of like how the ridiculous laugh track on TBB never bothered me until it was pointed out and now the over use of it ruins what little watchability that show had.

60,006 Posts
I dont even pay attention to the piped in cheers/heat on SD anymore unless its mentioned while I'm watching it. Kind of like how the ridiculous laugh track on TBB never bothered me until it was pointed out and now the over use of it ruins what little watchability that show had.

Yeah, laugh tracks can be so damn annoying. Thanks for letting me know what I should be laughing at. It is very similar to Vince's guide to whom we should be cheering for on Smackdown.

·
Butter My Arse
12,765 Posts
Piped in cheers have been used for years. I mean, it was pretty prevalent during the AE years, particularly in backstage segments when you could still hear the 'crowd' roaring in the background. It's amateurish as fuck but what ya gonna do eh.

Kevin Dunn just signed a new contract so he won't be going anywhere any time soon.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Dammit, you should not be watching the crowds, unless the camera is directly on them.

:vince3

Personally, I like it. The more people realize how TV bullshits the viewer, the more likely they will reject bullshit...in life in general as well as TV.

·
Registered
12,478 Posts
Piped in cheers have been used for years. I mean, it was pretty prevalent during the AE years, particularly in backstage segments when you could still hear the 'crowd' roaring in the background. It's amateurish as fuck but what ya gonna do eh.

Kevin Dunn just signed a new contract so he won't be going anywhere any time soon.
During the attitude era, they actually always cut to the crowd reacting to the guy on the screen and sometimes even actually showed the crowd while filming the jumbtron. Sorry but the attitude era had actual genuine reaction from fans and didn't need piped in reactions during the late 90s like they do today

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
It's sad & pathetic, period.

WWE is the definition of 2nd hand embarrassment. Nothing is more cringy than having the company present itself in a way that gives itself the illusion that it is mainstream, that it beyond wrestling & wrestling fans.

"Now that Kelly Osbourne AND Kathy Griffin have left E! Online's Fashion Police, which WWE Diva should step in to host the show?!"

"In the words of Nelly, "It's getting hot in here." This one goes out to all you pyros: http://wwe.me/JVxQT"

Truely a laughing stock to the world.

·
Undergoing a gimmick change.
2,385 Posts
My favourite is that fake, kind of high pitched cheering they play about 20-30 times every show, which they've been using since around 2001.

It's terrible, but it's definitely not one of the worst things going on in WWE right now.

·
Butter My Arse
12,765 Posts
During the attitude era, they actually always cut to the crowd reacting to the guy on the screen and sometimes even actually showed the crowd while filming the jumbtron. Sorry but the attitude era had actual genuine reaction from fans and didn't need piped in reactions during the late 90s like they do today
Oh they most certainly did have piped in cheers every now and again. Not taking anything away from the genuine reactions of the crowd during the insane moments because they were really earth shatteringly loud (Mankind winning title etc).

During lower card matches and backstage segments though there was this same piped in crowd noise they'd use repeatedly. It was quite recognisable because there was this high pitched wail mixed in it. I don't know how or why I remember useless stuff like this.

·
Banned
139 Posts
I usually enjoy SmackDown. It may have too many recaps and terrible crowd editing but it usually has good matches and doesn't drag on like Raw does sometimes.

·
Registered
9,191 Posts
The fake SD pops always sounded like those hand dryer machines in most public bathrooms, only you could hear it from a distance.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
The fake pops aren't even the worst thing. Did anyone see the Miz & Mizdow promo? WTF they clearly cut out a good portion of that promo just as Mizdow was gonna say something, they didn't even do a good job of that fpalm

·
Registered
12,478 Posts
Oh they most certainly did have piped in cheers every now and again. Not taking anything away from the genuine reactions of the crowd during the insane moments because they were really earth shatteringly loud (Mankind winning title etc).

During lower card matches and backstage segments though there was this same piped in crowd noise they'd use repeatedly. It was quite recognisable because there was this high pitched wail mixed in it. I don't know how or why I remember useless stuff like this.
No no they didn't , they didn't need to , especially when the entire roster was essentially over as it was

1 - 20 of 21 Posts