Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imagine if they had used a new wrestler or someone else besides Big Show in this storyline. This would've culptivated them into stardom but then again even though I personally dislike that Show's in this storyline and want him far away from it as possible I have to admit he's doing a solid job.

·
Premium Member
25,982 Posts
Should have been Cody Rhodes in Big Show's position. I know Rhodes is doing good right now, but imagine how much better things would be if Cody was the one causing all that mayhem and Show was tag champs with Mark Henry or something.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Should have been Cody Rhodes in Big Show's position. I know Rhodes is doing good right now, but imagine how much better things would be if Cody was the one causing all that mayhem and Show was tag champs with Mark Henry or something.
Exactly. After Cody got fired they could've easily had him in Show's position right now.

·
Men with Ven
4,279 Posts
I'm going to be patient regarding Show's involvement, if the end result is him being destroyed by HHH at Survivor Series I'll be happy.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
I'm cool with Show being in this spot since the only real purpose that he's really going to serve in the end is to make Triple H look even more like a monster when he puts him over in a match, but the Cody Rhodes mark in me can't help but wish that it was him in Show's spot instead of being paired with Goldust and feuding with The Shield.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I think that was the original plan, but didn't Henry get hurt?

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
Big Show will have a match with HHH and lose to him.Thus making HHH a bigger threat for Bryan to overcome.That is the purpose of Big Show in this storyline.

I do agree with the OP but I think Big Show serves his purpose well in this storyline

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Should of been anyone in Big Shows place. I would of rather seen Scotty 2 Hotty in his spot rather than him

·
Banned
1,513 Posts
Yeah right it should be Cody, it should be Punk, it should be Cesaro and when they do the job(which is Big show's only purpose) to Triple H, we can all collectively bitch, moan and complain for the next ten years about how Triple H buried them at some filler PPV that casuals won't even remember past a month.

Fucking pathetic.

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
I do think that Big Show one of the best big man performers of the current era. Yes, Show is a talented actor and he plays his role well. For me the story IS good. But, for me the biggest elephant in the room in regards to this current storyline is that Big Show is one of the biggest names in the company/wrestling in general. While his status in the pecking order means that WWE Creative is compelled to give him something to do to keep him busy, it ironically also makes him a bad fit for this angle, in spite of his superior talent.

I would've been more inclined to see someone like Zack Ryder or Curt Hawkins or Alex Riley crying for their job and afraid of getting fired. Big Show is one of the biggest names in wrestling and he's been in mainstream movies. . He could've just told them "Fuck it", and walked away. Even the most bush league ghetto indy fed would pay a metric shit ton of cash to get Big Show on their shows, so it's not like he doesn't have options

Not only that, but Show's presence is overshadowing Daniel Bryan. If you had put someone else in Big Show's place, realistically they wouldn't be booked above Bryan. Someone like Dolph Ziggler, Miz, or one of the aforementioned jobbers would've been able to get a rub without stealing Bryan's spotlight. Big Show, by nature of being a big guy, can't do that, because big guys have to go HAM on everyone to make their presence felt. Show is constantly booked to be Bryan's savior, and it makes Bryan look weak.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I'm going to be patient regarding Show's involvement, if the end result is him being destroyed by HHH at Survivor Series I'll be happy.
Throw in a sledge hammer and it all ends very happily :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts