Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In wake of the "OMG, CENA AGAIN?" and "Youth Movement RIP" threads that keep popping up, please take a step back and consider the title matches for the last eight 'Mania's.

WM 19: Booker T vs. HHH for the WHC | Angle vs. Lesner for the WWEC

WM 20: Eddie vs. Angle for the WWEC | HHH vs. HBK vs. Benoit for the WHC

WM 21: JBL vs. Cena for the WWEC | HHH vs. Batista for the WHC

WM 22: Angle vs. RKO vs. Ray Mysterio for the WHC | Cena vs. HHH for the WWEC

WM 23: Batista vs. 'Taker for the WHC | Cena vs. HBK for the WWEC

WM 24: RKO vs. Cena vs. HHH for the WWEC | Edge vs. 'Taker for the WHC

WM 25: Edge vs. Cena vs. Big Show for the WHC | HHH vs. RKO for the WWEC

WM 26: Y2J vs. Edge for the WHC | Batista vs Cena for the WWEC

You'll be less than shocked to see not very many new names on that list. For the most part it's all established star vs. established star (vs. established star. This year, for the first time that I can recall, we have a new name in each of the title matches; Miz and ADR. Anyone who was expecting four new names was simply being unreasonable about it. But to have two "fresh faces" at 'Mania shows that the 'E is still pushing forward with the Youth Movement, even if it's at a slower pace than the IWC would like.

I didn't make this thread to bash on anyone. But the WWE takes a lot of flak from the IWC for doing things wrong, so I thought it only fair to point out when they actually do something right. Maybe Miz and ADR aren't the two "fresh faces" that you want to see in the main event scene. Maybe you're mad that Cena and Edge are in the title pictures. But you've got to give the 'E credit for having enough faith in their youth to put two of them in main event title matches at WM.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Well said. I guess I never thought of it that way

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Agreed. I would rather see Cena/Miz than Cena/Orton for the 2354231564663 time. Edge isnt at his peak anymore, we all know this. But having a win over him, or hell, just having a match with him at mania, could probably do wonders for ADR. Do I think ADR is being pushed too high, too soon? yes, but whatever, thats just my opinion.

·
Banned
420 Posts
In wake of the "OMG, CENA AGAIN?" and "Youth Movement RIP" threads that keep popping up, please take a step back and consider the title matches for the last eight 'Mania's.

WM 19: Booker T vs. HHH for the WHC | Angle vs. Lesner for the WWEC

WM 20: Eddie vs. Angle for the WWEC | HHH vs. HBK vs. Benoit for the WHC

WM 21: JBL vs. Cena for the WWEC | HHH vs. Batista for the WHC

WM 22: Angle vs. RKO vs. Rey Mysterio for the WHC | Cena vs. HHH for the WWEC

WM 23: Batista vs. 'Taker for the WHC | Cena vs. HBK for the WWEC

WM 24: RKO vs. Cena vs. HHH for the WWEC | Edge vs. 'Taker for the WHC

WM 25: Edge vs. Cena vs. Big Show for the WHC | HHH vs. RKO for the WWEC

WM 26: Y2J vs. Edge for the WHC | Batista vs Cena for the WWEC

You'll be less than shocked to see not very many new names on that list. For the most part it's all established star vs. established star (vs. established star. This year, for the first time that I can recall, we have a new name in each of the title matches; Miz and ADR. Anyone who was expecting four new names was simply being unreasonable about it. But to have two "fresh faces" at 'Mania shows that the 'E is still pushing forward with the Youth Movement, even if it's at a slower pace than the IWC would like.

I didn't make this thread to bash on anyone. But the WWE takes a lot of flak from the IWC for doing things wrong, so I thought it only fair to point out when they actually do something right. Maybe Miz and ADR aren't the two "fresh faces" that you want to see in the main event scene. Maybe you're mad that Cena and Edge are in the title pictures. But you've got to give the 'E credit for having enough faith in their youth to put two of them in main event title matches at WM.
All were new to the main event scene and have never won a WWE world title before their mania match. Only lately have we been getting super Batista, super Cena, super HHH and super Orton hog the Mania spotlight.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
It's not so much the "lack of new people" as it is the lack of new faces. Name one face that's had their first world title reign in the last 3 years. I can name 3 heels in just the last year and 2 months (Swagger, Miz, Swagger).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.