Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else find The Miz becoming stale already? He is entertaining, but I almost feel like Riley should just turn on him, and whip his ass. Not sure how many of you feel about Miz going "face", but I think he is easily capable of being a very entertaining "face". Something about Riley just tells me that he is a better heel than The Miz already, not to say that The Miz isn't a solid heel, but I just feel like it's the same promo every week.

Where are they going with this Sheamus/Morrison thing? I mean I've been watching the WWE for more than two decades, and I have a strong sense of how this will play out, but I'm more or less hoping for a little bit of creativity in this one. Sheamus needs to establish himself more, and I think that opportunity will be with Morrison. Perhaps Sheamus just destroys Morrison, anticipating his next hero save. Placing John on the shelf for weeks, and setting up a possible "heel" turn for Morrison. Somehow I feel Santino will take the bitter end of the fruit, and become the victim not by Sheamus, but his former buddy Morrison.

Where are the Dudebusters? They could easily be one of the more entertaining sides of RAW, but I hardly ever see them. It seems as though they are just being forgotten about. I like this tag team, and especially Trent. Barretta is going to be a part of the future success of the WWE for years to come. He oozes talent, and he alone should be the reason that they are on our televisions on Mondays.

I don't want to sound like I'm beating a dead horse, but I just feel as though this Nexus angle is just going nowhere. Right from the beginning I felt as thought The Nexus's main focus, or beef should have been more particular within the WWE. Going for Cena was way to obvious. Somehow I think the Nexus should have focused on 2nd-3rd Generation superstars.

I say this because the reason behind the beef is perfect. Members of The Nexus besides Gabriel are all first generation superstars. Making it from their perspective much harder to get in to the business. Now with the 2nd-3rd gen stars obviously getting in to the business wouldn't have been much harder. Now obviously on NXT there were 2nd/3rd gen stars like McGullicutty, and Harris. This angle could have easily started on that show, and had been a bit of a side angle.

There could have been some beef developing then on that show, and then later bringing itself as it did over to RAW. Ultimately, I think Riley, and Barrett should have co-leaders of Nexus with the occasional back, and forth bickering of who is the lead man. Now, that means Riley, Barrett, Slater, Otunga, Sheffield, and finally Tarver. Setting up a series of feuds between members of the Nexus vs mainly 2nd, and 3rd generation stars. Then, at some point Cena/Orton get involved. With Cena being the guy trying to settle differences, while Orton does the same.

That lasts as long as it would be allowed, until either Orton/Cena show sides either accidentally, or not. This would have been a much better build if they were going the route of Cena/Orton anyhow. Randy is a part of that 2nd/3rd generation, and Cena is similar to the guys from Nexus. Later as the Nexus would have evolved in to Cena being the focal point, I would imagine their main goal would be to prove to Cena why they aren't much different than him, and try to convince him that the WWE doesn't respect stars not born in to the business. The idea that Nexus would create would be that the WWE shows favoritism towards families of the business.

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts
.....wait.

I hate to be that guy but...
Isn't there a 'rants' section somewhere on this forum?

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
:no:

No the miz isn't stale , he still has that MITB contract which guarantees him to be a breath of fresh air when he cashes it in , and hes still the 2nd best thing going in the WWE

Nexus angle is indeed going somewhere , you're just gonna have to keep watching to find out where its going

·
Registered
215 Posts
THE DUDEBUSTERS ARE SMACKDOWN SUPERSTARS
Well there was the pre bragging-rights skit that had them threated to to go Raw if show didn't put them on the team, and then they did actually reveal Raw shirts. Doesn't mean they actually went but I can get why the guy is asking why they're not on raw.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
I agree with you on Miz. His heel act is becoming a tad tedious since he does the same thing every single week. He's also relying on cheap heat to gain a reaction. I think he could actually be a pretty good face, he's got natural charisma, and he's got an entertainment factor that people would like. Besides, he has a catchphrase people like to repeat...

The stuff with Morrison/Sheamus is probably leading to a proper feud. I hope it gets a little more serious from now on, and Santino kind of leaves the picture. I figure it could turn out that Morrison is sick of Sheamus taking his frustrations out on poor unsuspecting RAW superstars eg Bourne, Ryder, Santino, Bryan. Kind of similar to the Kofi/Orton feud last year which strange enough started at the EXACT same point this one did, with Kofi being that guy to 'take the stand' or whatever. I think this is a good way of keeping Sheamus busy in his post title feud, and continuing their slow push of Morrison into the biggest feud he's ever actually been in. I have high hopes though.

I don't think it's setting up a Morrison heel turn, he's only just got properly over as a face and is coming into his face role pretty well. This feud will be important for both guys.

Unfortunately the Dudebusters are on Smackdown...which is a pity since they could make a great face team and could be entertaining trying to get the belts of Nexus now. They seem adament to ruin (even more) what is left of the tag division.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Nexus angle is indeed going somewhere , you're just gonna have to keep watching to find out where its going
You mean you still care? Wow!

Perhaps, if I put a rock (not THE ROCK!) on your porch, you would stare at it and be curious on what is going to happen.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
I just skimmed all of that text but I think the Miz does need something new to do. He seems to not have anything to do right now.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Does anyone else find The Miz becoming stale already? He is entertaining, but I almost feel like Riley should just turn on him, and whip his ass. Not sure how many of you feel about Miz going "face", but I think he is easily capable of being a very entertaining "face". Something about Riley just tells me that he is a better heel than The Miz already, not to say that The Miz isn't a solid heel, but I just feel like it's the same promo every week.
*Walks down the ramp with mic in hand* I'm confused really, *stares at mic* wow, this thing is really on. "Really truk83? You find The Miz becoming stale? Really?" *Steps into ring*, not really sure what to say now, hey I know, I'll echo like I always do. "Really, you think Alex Riley should turn on me? Really!? You think he should whip my ass, do you truk83?" I haven't much else to say, so I'm going to blab some and end with, "BECAUSE I'M THE MIZ AND IIII''MMM.......AWWWEESOMMEE!"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts