Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I really enjoyed SS tonight and I thought the ending of the WWE Free or Fired match was great. But I can't get over how so many people will do nothing but complain if there isn't a heel turn, swerve, or something that reminds them of the Attitude Era.

Seriously get over it. It was cool seeing Orton and Cena interact like they did after the match (yea I know it's fake but I'm one of those people who enjoy stories when you know....good guys win?). And I laughed at everyone saying "I can't believe I wasted $45 on that PPV" just because someone didn't turn heel or their man crush Wade didn't win the title.

I guess some people just can't be satisfied and feel better if they complain about everything. As for me and my wife, we loved the PPV and since my wife is a huge Cena fan she was happy to see him "do the right thing" so to speak.

If you didn't like the ending well it sucks to be you.

Bring on the flames.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Agreed

·
The Man
15,234 Posts
I didn't see it, but the ending to the match does sound pretty stupid. I wasn't expecting Cena to screw Orton or anything, but to hug the guy who a few months ago tried to kill him with fire is pretty ridiculous.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Thank you. That ending was brilliant storytelling. Really shocking to go into that thread and see the negativity. For all those people whinging, what honestly did you want more from it?

The match was worked really well, in a similar style to the HIAC match (which everyone automatically thinks is amazing because Cena had to join Nexus) and the ending was subtle (did people notice Cena's hesitation before counting to 3?). Great storytelling is subtle (look no further than HBK/Taker II's ending), so it all worked for me.

Seriously, some people just can't suspend disbelief because they care way too much about what they think should happen. I would've preferred a Barrett win, but I loved this ending anyway.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Why did everyone like it though i know wrestlings fake? but i never buy the you've been fired storyline and all that emotional hugging made me wanna puke. Go out in style like stone cold would have stun everyone in the arena! What does the ending acheive when he's not actually fired and this will be forgetten in a few weeks?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why did everyone like it though i know wrestlings fake? but i never buy the you've been fired storyline and all that emotional hugging made me wanna puke. Go out in style like stone cold would have stun everyone in the arena! What does the ending acheive when he's not actually fired and this will be forgetten in a few weeks?
See, someone wanted an Attitude Era-like finish.

I enjoyed Attitude Era as much as the next guy but man that was years ago.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
And besides, didn't Cena promise quite a handful of times to beat the living hell out of Barrett?

Azuran said:
YES! YES! KEEP THEM COMING!
I was disappointed, not mad. And you're sad to feel happy for a bunch of people getting mad over this as well.

·
The User Without Fear
2,811 Posts
The face wins, the heel loses, and Cena keeps it's integrity. What a nice storybook ending.

·
Banned
1,630 Posts
Sheamus/Morrison, Danielson/Dibiase, Team Rey/Team Rio, Kaval,Ziggler were all good matches and people complain because of the ending of a pretty decent main event. I swear you could have every match be a DUD on the ppv and then have Cena turn heel and the whole IWC would call it the best ppv since Wrestlemania 17.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Sheamus/Morrison, Danielson/Dibiase, Team Rey/Team Rio, Kaval,Ziggler were all good matches and people complain because of the ending of a pretty decent main event. I swear you could have every match be a DUD on the ppv and then have Cena turn heel and the whole IWC would call it the best ppv since Wrestlemania 17.
I wouldn't. The show itself was good but obviously the Main Event match is the match that everyone wants to see it, you know the most hyped one? And if it doesn't live up to the hype it definitely takes a toll on a show's quality.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I think people are mad because someone new didn't become champion. I personally didn't mind the ending because it left a huge shock and emotional moment for audience.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts