Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jeff Hardy took a shot at WWE on Twitter last night after a fan commented on his Bound For Glory heel turn. Hardy wrote in reply to the fan: “would u admit it’s strongerThanThatWackAssNexusTeaseWithCena?”

Mickie James was reportedly upset before Bound For Glory because her logo was not on the back of the referee shirt she was given to wear. Mickie wouldn’t special referee the match until her logo was added and one of TNA’s designers reportedly rushed to get the logo on the shirt.

lordsofpain.net

·
StarStruck
2,038 Posts
I don't believe that about Mickie, She wouldn't be so petty, Shes not like that. lol at What Jeff said though.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't believe that about Mickie, She wouldn't be so petty, Shes not like that. lol at What Jeff said though.
i'm more shocked at the hardy thing. why would he say that after wwe have done so much for him plus nexus is more interesting then him :p

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
bc Jeff Hardy doesnt really care about The WWE Anymore..and Nexus is really getting Stale...
Yeah it's really stale. An actual Cena heel turn would have made things intresting but making him join against his will just so he will eventually overcome it all is just lame. WWE are scared to take any chances these days.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Yeah it's really stale. An actual Cena heel turn would have made things intresting but making him join against his will just so he will eventually overcome it all is just lame. WWE are scared to take any chances these days.
An actual Cena heel turn will be bad for business. You know, merch sales. Slow-burn approach to his inevitable heel turn down the road will be much better for entertainment purpose anyway, there's no need to rush his heel turn at this point.

·
Registered
720 Posts
An actual Cena heel turn will be bad for business. You know, merch sales. Slow-burn approach to his inevitable heel turn down the road will be much better for entertainment purpose anyway, there's no need to rush his heel turn at this point.
Bad for Business?? How is that? Hulk Hogan turn heel in 96 to join the NWO and Business BOOM..

·
The Dynasty
473 Posts
Kudos to Jeff, it's got people talking and I might be one of the small population of TNA fans that are actually excited to see where this goes but compared to the Nexus crap and Cena... It's a nice change to see what TNA is doing. WWE lost me as a fan a while ago and I am glad TNA is trying to switch things up. The majority didn't think Hardy would turn, yeah, we knew Hogan wanted to turn heel but this is going to be interesting to see how TNA unfolds this story.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Bad for Business?? How is that? Hulk Hogan turn heel in 96 to join the NWO and Business BOOM..
I don't know, i'm just using common sense. And we can't really compare these two because back in the days wrestling was still very popular and 'cool'.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
I don't know, i'm just using common sense. And we can't really compare these two because back in the days wrestling was still very popular and 'cool'.
Huh? Nobody watched wrestling back then. Hogan's heel turn is what got people watching. Hogan turning heel is what saved the industry because if WCW didn't get so big then Vince would've never changed his product.

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
Not touché at all. You're going to compare a longer than 10 year top face run by Hogan before turning heel to Cena? The fans were already getting a little sick of Hogan, he wasn't close to being as popular as he used to be. Cena on the other hand is insanely over as a face still, just look at the reactions by the crowd when he lost to Barrett. Turning Cena right now just wouldn't be smart, especially considering merchandise is going like wildfire. Another aspect you're missing is WWE is PG, thus has a lot of little kids watching and cheering, WCW was not PG when Hogan turned. Cena turning heel, going all evil, might actually force kids to STOP watching because they think it's real. Cena won't be a "cool heel" to them, no, they will feel betrayed. It's a different scenario.

Also, Hardy shouldn't talk. Baffle us first with good promos and a storyline that makes sense, until then Nexus/Cena > Hardy storyline.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
no Jeff, i wouldn't admit that.

because the second you get on the mic, it all becomes a fail.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Huh? Nobody watched wrestling back then. Hogan's heel turn is what got people watching. Hogan turning heel is what saved the industry because if WCW didn't get so big then Vince would've never changed his product.
Ah i see your point, but that was like as most of you call it a wrestling BOOM. Sometimes the same thing doesn't work when applied twice, and like i said, today's wrestling ain't popular anymore. John Cena's heel turn will create some big buzz indeed, but it won't be as big as it's like wrestling boom. The heel turn will be just...that. And using common sense i think it will do no good for business if it's done at this point because he's still the most popular wrestler in this PG era, his merchs are still selling well. Why fix something that ain't broken?

·
Registered
11,566 Posts
When Hogan turn heel, the fans was asking for it.However, Hogan wasn't selling a lot of merchandise like he used to. Hell, I think at the time Sting was the top guy in that department. Plus, WCW struck lightning in the bottle. They try it with Goldberg and it didn't work. Vince McMAHON is smarter than that. He doesn't turn his top babyface heel unless there's a replacement out there to take over the helm.

Cena is a merchandise king. He owns the WWE top 20 chart with multiple items. Every time a new item comes out with Cena it shoots straight up to number 1. This is why McMahon doesn't want to turn him heel. Cena is easy money. To turn him heel, you will have to find someone to make up for the money and it's not Orton, it's not Taker, it's not Rey. So yeah, Cena staying babyface makes BUSINESS SENSE.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts