Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
- TNA will tape Impact Wrestling tonight from Orlando. We will have full spoilers later this evening.

- F4Wonline.com reports that TNA had around 2,000 fans in a 9,000 seat arena in Nashville on Sunday night for the Lockdown pay-per-view.

- While Eric Bischoff was written off TNA TV at the Lockdown pay-per-view, he will still be working backstage as a top executive for the company.

- Matches for this weekend's live events in Florida include James Storm vs. Bobby Roode, Samoa Joe & Magnus vs. Daniels & Kazarian, Austin Aries vs. Zema Ion, Velvet Sky vs. Gail Kim, Jeff Hardy vs. Gunner, Matt Morgan vs. Crimson and Devon vs. Bully Ray.

- The segment between Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair at Lockdown went longer than planned and caused the remaining matches on the card to get less time. Hogan reportedly went longer than he was supposed to on his part of the segment.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Typical hogan, trying to take the spotlight from the young guys. Fucking prick.
At least we won't have Bischoff taking up time. Not that I don't like him, but those segments take forever.

·
Registered
274 Posts
What was the point of that shit segment between Flair and hogan anyway? Who even cares if they had problems 30 yrs ago?
I don't care if they had problems in the restroom before the show keep them the hell off my tv. Seems like they are setting up a Flair/Hogan match at the next pay per view though. I hope it is a retirement match and it ends in a draw and they both leave or it is a ladder match with a wheelchair/walker being what they are trying to get. Dixie Carter or someone in TNA needs to take these old hacks out back and put them out of their misery.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Typical hogan, trying to take the spotlight from the young guys. Fucking prick.
I totally agree with you couldn't have said it better myself

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
At least we won't have Bischoff taking up time. Not that I don't like him, but those segments take forever.
True, but Hogan is just as bad as Bischoff. Who in the blue hell want to see Hogan v Flair in 2012. I love flair and all, but man that guy is tarnishing his legacy the more he is in TNA. Dont get me started on Hogan.

I would have liked the Lethal Lockdown match to have gotten at least 10 more minutes but Hogan needs to be on TV.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I've already said, but I'm calling BS on the 2000 attendance.

I went to a house show in Nottingham, England in January and the official crowd was just over 2000, and there was no way in hell that there were more there that night than at lockdown.

I would say 3000ish is more accurate looking at the pictures.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I'm sick and tired of Hogan.

At least we will get Magnus/Joe vs Daniels/Kazarian. One more team of that class would make for quite decent tag-tam picture. But hopefully that one wouldn't be made of random guys paired together because TNA creative doesn't kno what else to do with them (Though I would be all for Masters/Nees team, naming themselves The Optimals, ending most of their matches with what they would call The Optimal Finisher, or something along those lines).

Time to bring in Briscoes, or Wolves, or RockNESS Monster

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
The attendance looked great. It seemed there was over 3000 people there. From the camera angles the place looked jam packed.

·
Banned
380 Posts
Why would they lie? Because the dirtsheets always lie to make TNA look bad. They always take shit out of context and try and spin it in a bad light. It's like how the media always try and bash Ron Paul or act like he is not in the race. Fucking bullshit

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
why would they lie about the numbers though? it looked like 2000 to me...which is a shitty turnout no matter how you look at it
Sure, 3000 isn't great either.

But i've been to plenty of WWE/TNA house shows where the crowd was officially reported by the arenas as being 2000ish, and there were certainly more at lockdown than at any of of those I went to.

Either way, TNA should not go back to lockdown. They shoot themselves in the foot by not going to hot wrestling towns like NY or Chicago.

At least Slammy is in Texas, and at a university arena, that should get a decent crowd in.

·
Registered
253 Posts
GTFO!!! Hogan took longer on a segment than intended no f'n way!!!

Ok that aside it certainly didn't look like 2000 but if those are the reported numbers then ok

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I kinda enjoyed the Hogan/Flair segment when it was just crazy old man Flair rambling. As soon as Hogan got involved and they went back-and-forth everything kinda went off the rails. It just didn't seem to serve much of a purpose and dragged.

·
Banned
4,096 Posts
- The segment between Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair at Lockdown went longer than planned and caused the remaining matches on the card to get less time. Hogan reportedly went longer than he was supposed to on his part of the segment.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts