Wrestling Forum banner

Some little Sara Del Rey tidbits

11573 98
So, the Death Rey tried out for Tough Enough but got rejected. I know the WWE weren't the ones casting, but I guess it's understandable as she doesn't need training.

Also, I was going through her Formspring and was surprised by all the good things she had to say about the Divas. Someone asked her to rate Kelly Kelly's wrestling on a scale of 1-5 and she got a 3.5. If I was K2, I'd be pretty honoured by that to be honest. She also talked about Lita, Trish, Eve, Nattie, Melina and Beth among others. It was also surprising to see her talk about how she wouldn't turn down a WWE offer and she feels she could have a great match with any of the girls.

For all the hate the Divas get, I think it's pretty cool to have one of the top wrestlers in the world compliment them. Like how Allison Danger (one of the founders of SHIMMER) bigged up Alicia and Eve big time last year. It's great for them.

Do you see Sara Del Rey ever getting a contract? Or even some sort of tryout/squash match?
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

· Banned
201 Posts
One of the top female wrestler in the world? ?. Who in the hell is Sara del ray and Allison danger and what is a SHIMMER

· Banned
11,216 Posts
So, the Death Rey tried out for Tough Enough but got rejected. I know the WWE weren't the ones casting, but I guess it's understandable as she doesn't need training.

Also, I was going through her Formspring and was surprised by all the good things she had to say about the Divas. Someone asked her to rate Kelly Kelly's wrestling on a scale of 1-5 and she got a 3.5. If I was K2, I'd be pretty honoured by that to be honest. She also talked about Lita, Trish, Eve, Nattie, Melina and Beth among others. It was also surprising to see her talk about how she wouldn't turn down a WWE offer and she feels she could have a great match with any of the girls.

For all the hate the Divas get, I think it's pretty cool to have one of the top wrestlers in the world compliment them. Like how Allison Danger (one of the founders of SHIMMER) bigged up Alicia and Eve big time last year. It's great for them.

Do you see Sara Del Rey ever getting a contract? Or even some sort of tryout/squash match?
If that was the case then why is it that no one outside of 5,000 internet fans have any idea who she is? There's a reason she didn't get picked for Tough Enough and that's because she's not in any way marketable.

· Banned
4,575 Posts
Then why isn't it televised every week like www or tna :flip:flip :D :D
They're called "independent" promotions for a reason. They don't have big-money multi-million-dollar corporations backing them. And they're far better than WWE and TNA combined.

Why do people that know nothing about wrestling come onto this forum?

· Registered
6,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If that was the case then why is it that no one outside of 5,000 internet fans have any idea who she is? There's a reason she didn't get picked for Tough Enough and that's because she's not in any way marketable.
Right, I forgot talent relied on how much mainstream exposure you have.

Reactions: wrestlingfan91

· Banned
4,575 Posts
Right, I forgot talent relied on how much mainstream exposure you have.
She isn't one of the top wrestlers in the world if no one knows who she is. As of right now, to casual fans, she might as well be bagging groceries.

· Banned
201 Posts
They're called "independent" promotions for a reason. They don't have big-money multi-million-dollar corporations backing them. And they're far better than WWE and TNA combined.

Why do people that know nothing about wrestling come onto this forum?
Then why I am getting shot at because I don't know who this random is if she works in a non televised Indy promotion. Also I don't know why this is in the wwe section.

· Premium Member
86,252 Posts
She isn't one of the top wrestlers in the world if no one knows who she is. As of right now, to casual fans, she might as well be bagging groceries.
That's true, in a sense. I guess one can exchange "top" for "talented" and you can't really argue against it.

Sara Del Rey is one of the best female wrestlers I've ever seen... bar none.

As far as her complimenting Kelly Kelly and the like, of course she is. She wants a job with WWE if she actually tried out for Tough Enough. She's not going to put down the product if she's trying to get hired by WWE.

· Registered
1,211 Posts
Then why I am getting shot at because I don't know who this random is if she works in a non televised Indy promotion. Also I don't know why this is in the wwe section.
Because she tried out for WWE. No one just walks into the company unless your name carries some weight. Even then if you're green as hell you'll never make it (See: David Flair). Everyone has to start somewhere.

· Registered
9,636 Posts
WWE already has Kong, Beth Phoenix and they're in discussions with MMA chick Cyborg so I dont think she really stands much of a chance of getting signed. The WWE doesn't need another "amazon" woman. I had a feeling she wanted to be noticed by WWE by her shrinking ring attire. The only thing she needs to work on is her mid section. In the WWE, that cosmetic stuff matters.

· Registered
6,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's true, in a sense. I guess one can exchange "top" for "talented" and you can't really argue against it.

Sara Del Rey is one of the best female wrestlers I've ever seen... bar none.

As far as her complimenting Kelly Kelly and the like, of course she is. She wants a job with WWE if she actually tried out for Tough Enough. She's not going to put down the product if she's trying to get hired by WWE.
When it's on something like her Formspring, I don't think it matters much. Especially considering she says negative stuff too.

· Registered
10,981 Posts
Gonna have to agree with this.

She's boooooooring. I'm not the biggest die hard indy fan by any means but once in a while I tune into SHIMMER and it's definitely not for her. I tune in for Nicole Matthews (who I hope tries out), Portia Perez and Jesse McKay. There are some others as well but Sara Del Ray just doesn't have presence.

I apologize to any indy mark hat I have offended.

· Banned
201 Posts
Because she tried out for WWE. No one just walks into the company unless your name carries some weight. Even then if you're green as hell you'll never make it (See: David Flair). Everyone has to start somewhere.
Well then let's talk about the it hundreds that tried out. Just saying

· Banned
4,575 Posts
Well then let's talk about the it hundreds that tried out. Just saying
Austin Aries. Just saying.

The new Tough Enough is going to be just as big of a joke as the original. They're looking for who has the looks, not the talent. And that's a huge problem.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.