Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I had to do a partial restore on my computer...

Now it's running really slow for some reason. Well the computer is pretty old.. like 2004 old. What all do I need to download?

In particular what do I need to download to watch MPEG's? I downloaded RealPlayerSP but it's acting like a piece of shit. The audio plays fine but the video plays as if it's a picture slide show instead of a video. It simply doesn't work properly at all.

Also, for some reason my super fast connection seems to be running at like dial up speed and I have no clue why.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Well, in regard to video I would download the k-lite codec pack. That should allow you to play most video formats without using the piece of crap that is Real Player.

·
Premium Member
29,365 Posts
Windows media player is standard with Windows so use that to play avi/mpeg files. The k-lite codec pack, links given in the sticky, will allow you to play everything. VLC will play most as well, but I prefer WMP. One is not better than the other, all down to choice.
Remove Real Player, you don't need it.

You could also do a hijackthis scan and post the log here and we can look at it and let you know what may be slowing your PC down. Info on that also in the sticky.

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
VLC or Media Player Classic

1 - 8 of 8 Posts