Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After hearing about "Juan Cena" said to appear on Raw next monday, I realized something very important - kids are incredibly biased. They will not watch Raw unless Cena is there, which is why Juan Cena is even going to be there. They will not buy merch unless they see Cena wear it. They do not care for the new stars. Kids are good short-term demographics, but they are detrimental to WWE's current direction, which is building new stars.

Those are just my 2 cents. This will just bite them in the ass like it did in the early to mid 90s.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
No cause Cena is their Hero, by the time Cena is gone or Turns they are either grown up or WWE has built a New Hero or has already changed the demographivc. Remember Cena is 33 Years old and is going in his 7 Main Event Year, Bret Hart was in his first Title Run around 36 Years old. Cena could possibly Main Event for the Next 15 Years....And sure many Young Fans watch for Cena, but that doesn't mean they don't care for other Guys. When i was younger i was a huge Eddie, Batista and Rey Mysterio Mark, but i still liked most Faces and some Heels(Kurt Angle & Edge). When Eddie passed yes i was sad and biased but i kept watching, even when Batista got hurt a short while later. It sounds like you just don't like where WWE is heading.

·
Registered
6,282 Posts
Cena can't wrestle himself... Gotta have other main eventers too.

Developing a young fanbase is also in itself an investment because a lot of those kids will keep watching the product as they age.

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
Maybe Juan will be Wade Barrett with a mustache and a sumbraro on or something.

I do think it's very stupid and insulting to fans intelligence but there's so many WWE fans now of all ages that buy into this type of garbage WWE feeds them and have fun with it I guess. WWE is just a totally flawed product for children. Look at all the flaws in entertainment from video games to movies. We'll never be happy but I could safely say WWE is on a very low level of shittiness right now.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts

Developing a young fanbase is also in itself an investment because a lot of those kids will keep watching the product as they age.
Or they might say "Fuck This" and move on to the UFC...

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

Who's to say they wont watch UFC?

Most teenagers watch UFC currently, and watched wrestling as a child.

It's a pattern that WWE should acknowledge and take care of if they want to be more successful in 5-10 years.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Who's to say they wont watch UFC?

Most teenagers watch UFC currently, and watched wrestling as a child.

It's a pattern that WWE should acknowledge and take care of if they want to be more successful in 5-10 years.
Well wrestling fans usually counter this by saying "Well Pro-Wreslting is completely different than MMA!".

The truth is most casuals do not see it that way and thats because the two ARE similar. To them Pro-Wrestling is nothing more than Fake-MMA and by WWE basically turning their product into the sports version of the Power Rangers, it gives the kids even MORE of a reason to completely drop it for the UFC once they hit their teens.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
I've said it in every "Juan Cena" related thread thus far... but seriously - did they not say that was booked for House Shows? It is my understanding that this Monday, Cena is using the I BOUGHT A TICKET routine and that's that...

If I'm wrong, fair enough.

·
Registered
6,282 Posts
I'm not sure why people are bringing up the UFC. I watch every UFC PPV and watch TUF every week.

I grew up watching wrestling just like these kids and I always come back to check out what's going on in the WWE.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
I'm not sure why people are bringing up the UFC. I watch every UFC PPV and watch TUF every week.

I grew up watching wrestling just like these kids and I always come back to check out what's going on in the WWE.
Because many UFC fans were former WWE fans who stopped watching it once it got popular.

·
Registered
167 Posts
i hated cena wif passion for years, but...he kinda grew on me, i enjoy his matches now

1 - 14 of 14 Posts