1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
8 Matches

The Pope Vs Abyss, Lumberjack Match

EV2 Vs Fourtune, Winning team gets to fire a member of the losing team

But only 2 gimmick matches :eek: ??? I can't believe it.

Then 6 solo matches with no gimmick.

Joe Vs Jarett
Hardy vs Morgan
Tara vs Mickie James
Lethal vs Robbie E
MCMG vs Team 3D
Dreamer Vs RVD

That's the way to do it ! No 3-Way, six man tag match, south philly or st louis street fight, multiples titles on the line in the same match, something on a pole, revenge/grudge match, or even worse : If Abyss won, he would receive Chelsea's services for 30 days & if Wolfe won, he would receive Hulk Hogan's Hall of Fame Ring ???

The card doesn't look like BFG at all, and it's a good thing, even if it was an amazing PPV imo.

I really like this card for once. Hope they will do that more often now :cool:

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
I can't say I disagree although I am fucking tired of EV2 vs. Fortune. If Fortune loses to EV2 again then TNA booking reaches a new low.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I am actually into the joe vs Jarett match, due to the way they built up this match. I infact am a fan of the way they made this feud, and the fact that Jarett is a heel. It suits him.

·
The Dynasty
473 Posts
TNA has done a pretty good job in a three hour program to put over each match. I'd have to say I'm impressed! If they could do this every month, they'd be golden.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
It's kind of strange to see them set up the main event three days before the PPV (Hardy vs. Morgan). I guess it was a necessity though, as I gather it was going to be Anderson vs. Hardy until Anderson got hurt.

·
Premium Member
44,215 Posts
The card is...eh.

Morgan vs. Hardy is a terrible main event. I understand that they had to go to Plan B following the Anderson injury, but this is the best they could do? Nothing against Morgan as a talent, but the guy has been a complete non factor in the Heavyweight division for over a year. And now because he beat up Bischoff I'm supposed to buy him as Number One Contender? I don't think so. Sad to see that TNA has adopted the Sheamus/Swagger Method of pushing people to the main event: Ignore the past, rush it, and fuck you if you don't like it. Now, I want to say that Hardy will definitely retain, but every time I say "Oh no way the belt is changing hands here...that would be stupid", IT FUCKING HAPPENS!!! (Carlito/Flair, Foley/Sting, Sheamus/Cena, etc.).

Jarrett vs. Joe...I'm ok with this match. Joe should win, but this is a fine match to have.

Pope Vs. Abyss is ok I guess. The gimmick pretty much guarantees a Pope victory, but I'm not really interested in watching those two clash.

Guns vs. 3D. Now I want to say that this is the best match on the show, but I have a terrible feeling. The stooge in EV2.0 is Team 3D, they are going to steal the tag titles, & then join with Immortal. I totally see that happening. I'll stick pick The Guns to win, because they should, but that swerve situation is something I wouldn't be surprised over if it happened.

Lethal vs. Robbie for the X title...well I hate the Robbie character, and by extension, I don't like this match. I'm sorry, but the guy is a reject from a costume party hosted by Aaron Seltzer & Jason Friedberg, not somebody who feels like he came from The Jersey Shore. But get ready, he's going to win the X Title most likely. Ugh. Oh and I also like how they did the gimmick match on TV BEFORE the PPV match. Smart.

EV2.0 Vs. Fourtune = Wasn't this supposed to end at BFG? I guess not. Oh well, at least one member of EV2.0 will be gone after this, hopefully leading to an end to the group.

RVD Vs. Dreamer = I just plain don't care. How on Earth has Tommy been made into like the lead guy of the ECW Faction anyway? He's the most boring, & in ECW, he was the guy that got his ass kicked all the time. RVD wins.

Mickie Vs. Tara = I actually have no problems with this match. Hell, its the best PPV KO match they've had all year! Good feud, and its a NON TITLE match. Its nice to see non title matches in a division. It adds a sense of depth to it. Mickie
wins here & moves up the ladder to face Madison.

SO yeah, this is just a very lackluster card. Lame main event, uneventful undercard, and the best match, the tag title match, scares me because of the scenario I pointed out. I don't feel like I'm going to miss much by skipping out on this one.

·
Natasha Yi. WHAT A BABE.
7,731 Posts
Fortune have got to win this match, otherwise they may as well just not be around.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
EV2 wins and fires Flair. It's the worse move to take, so obviously TNA will do it.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
The card is pretty nice.....and that scares me.

It's a good card on paper, but it lacks in some areas.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
The main event storyline doesn't really bother me. It's the fact that Morgan being a world title contender after losing to a dropkick from Brian Kendrick a month ago/Morgan losing A LOT of his matches this year period isn't logical. The build is lacking a bit, but TNA had to work with what they had after the Anderson injury.

Personally I think they should have put Pope/Abyss on hold and gone with Pope/Hardy for Turning Point, but it's wahtever at this point. Pope has beef with Immortal, he was the one clued in by Nash and Sting and left to fight the battle alone. He also has a legit beef after being the only guy not to get a shot at BFG despite neither Angle or Hardy winning their match(s) to get to the finals. Could have also played up the fact that he mad the semi-finals and with the other 2 semi-finalists out due to injury that he should be number one contender. He could even go into the concussion thing too, saying he didn't see eye to eye with Anderson, but the fact that he respects him for beating him at No Surrender and doesn't think anyone should be forced to compete with a concussion. Furthering his beef with Immortal/Hardy he could have said that none of this would have happened under Dixie Carter. They could have then had Abyss help Hardy retain and sparked Abyss/Pope for the next PPV.

If you ask me that would have helped the PPV a lot more than what we are getting now.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I can't fully recall but I believe last years turning point was my least favorite TNA PPV I have ever seen.
This PPV looks solid. There's a lot of wrestlers I've been dying to see get some spotlight. Joe, Morgan, Mickie, Tara. MCMG are on fire, and Team 3D have been around so long we've seen it all but they are good in ring still.

I too am sick of EV2 vs. Fortune and believe we will see some development of Douglas leaving Fortune and Rhino fired at match result.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
^ That's interesting considering I found that Turning Point 2009 was better than any PPV TNA has produced this year.

·
Registered
754 Posts
The main event storyline doesn't really bother me. It's the fact that Morgan being a world title contender after losing to a dropkick from Brian Kendrick a month ago/Morgan losing A LOT of his matches this year period isn't logical. The build is lacking a bit, but TNA had to work with what they had after the Anderson injury.

Personally I think they should have put Pope/Abyss on hold and gone with Pope/Hardy for Turning Point, but it's wahtever at this point. Pope has beef with Immortal, he was the one clued in by Nash and Sting and left to fight the battle alone. He also has a legit beef after being the only guy not to get a shot at BFG despite neither Angle or Hardy winning their match(s) to get to the finals. Could have also played up the fact that he mad the semi-finals and with the other 2 semi-finalists out due to injury that he should be number one contender. He could even go into the concussion thing too, saying he didn't see eye to eye with Anderson, but the fact that he respects him for beating him at No Surrender and doesn't think anyone should be forced to compete with a concussion. Furthering his beef with Immortal/Hardy he could have said that none of this would have happened under Dixie Carter. They could have then had Abyss help Hardy retain and sparked Abyss/Pope for the next PPV.

If you ask me that would have helped the PPV a lot more than what we are getting now.
I REALLY wish they went with that. The way you detailed it is perfect

But it's still a solid card IMO

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
The card is ok on paper, the build however has been very good in my opinion. Joe vs Jarrett, the main event, Lethal vs Robbie E, Tara vs Mickie, and MCMG vs 3D all have had good builds and I'm looking forward to those matches. EV2 vs Fourtune is overdone but should still be good. Don't care about Pope vs Abyss.

I'll be very interested in the main event, it's far from a guaranteed good match but heel Jeff Hardy vs monster face Matt Morgan will definetely be something fresh.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Reactions: Flux
1 - 20 of 65 Posts