Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...someone who has the potential to be a stronger character than the vast majority of the men on the roster, and yet you give her fuck all to do. Likewise with Natalya and her wrestling ability; she could outwrestle a lot of the guys in a heartbeat, and yet she's given one-minute matches with Maryse.

Honestly, if WWE is so intent to make their talented women look like shit then they really should cut their losses and forget about the division altogether. It's not like they aren't already seen as sexist. Women with the skill set of Melina, Nattie and Gail Kim don't deserve this, not when men like Drew MacIntyre get endless screentime.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It doesn't mean I can't complain about it. They had the potential to make a change when they turned Melina heel, and yet she's worse off than ever at this point.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Women won't ever get the spotlight that they deserve in the sports world. Look at all the other big sports - The biggest women's football game of the year has them in lingerie. Wrestling is no different.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think it's fair to compare wrestling to professional sport. It's not like the top men are determined by athleticism or pure technical skill, so it's unfair to penalize women for supposedly being less able athletes (which I don't agree with in the first place). The WWE prides itself on being an entertainment show, so why they don't make an effort when it comes to one of their most charismatic employees is beyond me.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Part of me agrees with this sentiment... Melina could definitely help bring the women's division back to being interesting. However, another part of me wants to reserve judgment until later as the WWE has an opening to make this Melina/Natalya feud into something bigger with the inclusion of Maryse and Eve.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Melina is awful. She had a match with Jillian and had to do TWO moves and she botched one of them.

Melina is Miss Botchmania!

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
Six years ago, when she single handedly got MNM over.
Yeah, because Morrison's in-ring ability had nothing to do with that. :rolleyes:

Guys, don't bother arguing with the OP, they're a Melina mark. And by that I mean, she's their favorite.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You're honestly gonna deny that Melina was the star of the group? The Bashams and The Heart Throbs were also good wrestlers, and yet they couldn't get a reaction to save their lives. MNM would've gone done a similar route without Melina. Note that she was the one who always got promo time and who was always the focus of their actual storylines. I think Nitro said about one line during that whole time period. And then there's the fact that she was the one who remained over and involved when Nitro/Melina broke up on television. He was doing Heat matches until they gave him an entire gimmick overall. But people will believe what they want to believe, I guess.

·
¡GOLDADO!
2,309 Posts
Melina is over with the crowd, not so much anymore but if she gets a decent chance to impress (eg: not get jobbed to Natalya everytime) as a heel I think Melina can be the #1 diva heel on Raw.

You're honestly gonna deny that Melina was the star of the group? The Bashams and The Heart Throbs were also good wrestlers, and yet they couldn't get a reaction to save their lives.
:shocked:

People were too scared to work with those guys for fear of getting hurt.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.