Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By mid/undercard, I'm talking about MVP, Kaval, DB, Ziggler, Swagger, Del Rio. They stole the whole, fucking, show. Watching it back right now to put me in a good mood after that mainevent ending *shutters*.

I have already seen Cena and Orton for 8 years now, I don't want them on my TV unless it's for putting over young stars.

·
Proud Cole-Miner !
82 Posts
It's about time WWE started to push some of the midcard guys, they stole the show last night AGAIN.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
I rarely ever watch WWE for the main event match, unless one of the names you mentioned are in the main event.

So yeah, the usual main eventers, I don't watch for.

·
Registered
813 Posts
This has pretty much been true for a really, really long time. Intercontinental title matches in the late 80s/early 90s were always much better than WWF Championship matches. Cruiserweight and even Television title matches in WCW were always better than World Title matches. TV title matches in ECW were always better than World Title matches.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
It does seem pretty strange, or at least feel strange to have matches like Kaval/Ziggler and Bryan/Dibiase completely outperform main eventers who consistantly put on underwhelming matches. It's been happening for a while now though I think.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
The Mid card is where all the entertainment has been for the past 15 years. Nothing has changed, WWE is still insisting on pushing talentless superstars into the main event like Randy Orton and Kane, or having guys with huge egos refusing to job like Mysterio.

Soon Miz will be joining the main event, and he's not been interesting or relevant for months now.

Fact is, they push the wrong people most of the time.

Even the main event of nowadays can't compete with the ring work of a couple years ago, or the mic work from Foley, Rock, Austin and Triple H even further back.

Mid card guys work their ass off to get where they want to be, too many main eventers get it handed to them

·
Banned
542 Posts
Last time i checked isnt Swagger and ADR Maineventers now.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
The main event right now consists of Barrett, Kane, Edge and Orton. That's not much competition tbh. It's still cool to see the midcard guys outshine the top guys for a change though. The Nexus/Cena/Orton thing has been all about the story and Kane/Edge is well, it's Kane/Edge. In a perfect world everybody would be performing at an awesome level. Hopefully that will kick in as we head towards the RTWM and the likes of HHH, Jericho, Punk and maybe some surprises make their returns and Cena starts wrestling again instead of being the ref.

·
Inappropriately tinkly music.
7,024 Posts
It's not a new thing. Back in the early 00s, Benoit, Guerrero, Jericho and Angle would be putting on matches that were better than whatever Trips was doing in the main event. Back when Warrior and Savage were main eventing, Bret and Shawn would steal the show. When Hogan and André had the biggest match of the century, Savage and Steamboat stole the show. Only difference now is that there are two main events to be bored by, and more undercard talent to rely on.

·
Registered
510 Posts
These midcarders are largely future main eventers and rightly so. The future is actually bright for the WWE if they treat these guys right.

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
I agree about SD

But there's absolutely no reason to watch Raw anymore(Except seeing Orton RKO people :D)

·
Premium Member
44,440 Posts
Well Daniel Bryan is definitely the best part about Raw these days. I love how they've made him into the workhorse champion.

·
Registered
45 Posts
As I look at the midcard and lower card RAW gots a helluva lot of talent but they ain't bein used right. I mean with too much overemphasis on the entertainment portion side of the show how the hell do ya expect do push your talent? RAW isn't giving too much TV time for the talent to showcase their ability or due to time constraits some superstars aren't even apart of the show. If RAW focused a litle more on the talent and extended their matches to a greater time length then RAW can be somethin again. As for Smackdown everything imo seems to be goin great as superstars on the brand are getting pushed and have TV time. Smackdown keep up the good work! RAW pick it up!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts