Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this to be very interesting, do they believe Punk could turn tna into actual competition, if so why did wwe never want to give this guy who they believe could turn any company around the main event of their biggest event?

Also, do you believe Punk could have turned tna around while they were still
On spike?

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
CM Punk is full of crap. They are not terrified. They just don't want ex wrestler to show up on other wrestling tv show for 9 months after their release so things like Rick Rude appearing on Nitro and On Raw the same night don't have a chance to happen

·
Registered
761 Posts
As much as TNA sucks, CM Punk undoubtedly brough in some viewers. I would have tuned in because... Why the fuck not? TNA is so desperate they would give Punk complete freedom and he would have started an era for them

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
Punk was probably exaggerating that part, it's likely that they just had a no-compete clause which specifically named TNA and UFC amongst others. If the company seriously thought TNA could be any sort of competition or that Punk going there was even a semi-realistic option then they are even more out of touch than we thought, although there were reports about Vince ordering creative writers to scout TNA for ideas back in about 2012 so who knows.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
I'm sure he'd rather wrestle with a full blown staph infection than have to work for that fifth rate, garbage, joke of a company.

·
You're Pretty Good
9,813 Posts
They were probably more terrified of him having an open mic and basically doing that podcast on another promotion. The concept of TNA as competition is unfortunately a joke.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts