Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I apologise if there is a thread on this. I haven't seen the show yet but have read spoilers.

Can anybody tell me why we are ONLY JUST seeing Cena in the Nexus shirt? Why did this not happen the night after HIAC? The week before Survivor Series he is putting it on? Does it make sense to anybody?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
It makes no sense at all
He's making him get water but not wear a Nexus shirt
and then when he finally wears it he takes it off 5 minutes later
But I guess they were too scared to make him drop his t-shirts that were basically new and wear a Nexus shirt, I guesss it might be bad business

But for storyline purposes I feel like that would be the first thing he makes John Cena do

·
Zombo
8,771 Posts
It was a gaffe in the storyline, but at least Barrett addressed that by taking the blame saying something to the effect that he was sorry that he "hadn't thought of it sooner" or something along those lines. If Barrett didn't address this lapse, then putting the shirt on now would've been doubly retarded.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
But I guess they were too scared to make him drop his t-shirts that were basically new and wear a Nexus shirt, I guesss it might be bad business
^ Precisely. If they made Cena wear a Nexus shirt from the get go, all the kiddies would go out and buy one. If Cena isn't wearing a purple shirt, his fans won't wear a purple shirt. Simple.

It was cool that Wade Barrett emphasised that he'd fucked up by not making Cena wear it though. Was a nice save to cover up such an obvious problem.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
The point of having Cena not wear the Nexus shirt was to emphasis that he is an unwilling member of the group, so he'd begrudgingly wear the armband, but he'd wear his own hideous shirt and make it known he had no interest in being associated with Nexus.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
was a mistake. it was a simple marketing ploy. this lets you know that cena will not be in the nexus anymore. thats obvious because he will either be fired or get a chance to leave the group. that was a last ditch effort to sale nexus merchandise. people see cena finally in a nexus shirt, they go out and by a nexus shirt and save it a memorabilia. when he wore his shirt and the nexus armband, that was a way of promoting two items for sale at once. look at how the nexus sales jumped when cena joined, when cena leaves the sales will drop, so cena wearing the shirt was a marketing decision, plain and simple. great marketing too by the way.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I think this means Cena will be going face.

Bringing out the Nexus shirt would have to be a big deal, and actually mean something.

Doing it like this is sort of acknowledging that there is no more to the Cena being in Nexus arc, and ending it.

That's the way I'm seeing it, anyway.

Basically, they wanted to keep their options open, they've decided.

·
Registered
586 Posts
The point of having Cena not wear the Nexus shirt was to emphasis that he is an unwilling member of the group, so he'd begrudgingly wear the armband, but he'd wear his own hideous shirt and make it known he had no interest in being associated with Nexus.
Well if it was really the issue, why didn't Nexus force him to wear one the whole time? Barrett's excuse is a lame attempt to cover that.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
Because they wanted to prevent the mass internet ejaculation that would come as a result. And yes, that pun was fully intended.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Because they wanted to prevent the mass internet ejaculation that would come as a result. And yes, that pun was fully intended.
Could the pun be avoided? Lol
But hey don't you think Them making Cena wear the shirt would be a big part or the biggest part of the storyline?
I mean I guess in the end it doesn't matter that much but that's a part of what Nexus is all about, wearing the shirts, well I mean looking uniform and being one or whatever

But I understand that they couldn't let Cena abandon his shirts

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
it's simple ... wwe couldn't have cena wear the nexus shirt, it'd piss off every cena fan

however wwe knew that the smarks wanted to see cena in a nexus shirt and we got it last night.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
I'll freely admit i was wrong, but I thought for sure it was only because they were designing his own special nexxus shirt.
You may not be wrong, next week's Raw would be the ideal time to unveil new Nexus shirts, possibly personalised to each member, if they're planning on having become a willing member of the group. I don't think that's likely but I wouldn't rule it out either.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Sell t-shirts simples.... /thread.

No really who is gonna buy that purple MONSTROSETY(i lol'd lots at that) unless its on TV everyweek and im sure Nexus short sells well enough on its own.

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
because Cena has to sell purple shirts

1 - 19 of 19 Posts