Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
PUSH BIG E
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just always wondering WWE's train of thought. So, let me get these things straight.
D-Bry apparently doesn't work well with casuals and WWE wanted to push him down a bit. Okay, fine. I partially blame a crappy storyline, but whatever. I can see why they wouldn't. So.. they replace him with Big Show.

..With Big Show. So, they think that D-Bry is having issues with getting over with the casuals, so... their next genius idea is Big Show.. oh okay. That'll definitely work.

My thoughts were this. Let me first off say, I'm not a buyrate expert or even truly care about it outside of arguments like this where they need to be thought of. I watch the show TO ENJOY MYSELF. Psst.. little hint to you people obsessed with the buyrates..y'know...stop being bitches about things that you really don't need to worry about.. Anyway, back on topic, the point is that.. at one point when they were holding a poll to see who would face Orton, the crowd was chanting Punk's name like crazy.

So, they have the perfect oppritunity to put Punk into the main feud. Which you know.. would make sense since Punk had a storyline a year ago where he called Triple H out on being a biased boss. I guess that never happened in WWE terms, but whatever. They also JUST take him out of the Heyman feud, and have him clear to just jump right in that main event. And they put him against The Wyatts and Big Show against Orton. Oh. Okay. THAT is the solution to the problem.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but doesn't Punk sell pretty well merch wise? When he was on the top last year, I thought he did. Maybe I need informed, but is there any reason why Punk isn't up there yet?

He goes over great with the crowd. There's a good reason to put him in this Corporation storyline. He finished the Heyman feud. I enjoy him teaming with D-Bry and facing The Wyatts, but I feel like they're almost wasting him. No, I'm not going to say he can draw like Dwayne. Regardless of the fact I couldn't give a shit less what Dwayne draws, I know that's going to be a point. But isn't it safe to say the odds of him feuding in the main event would be alot more sucessful than putting Big Show or D-Bry in? Maybe they're just waiting for it?

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Here's to hoping this thread doesn't turn into another "I LIKE PUNK" "NO HE SUCKS." "NO YOU SUCK" type of thread where it gets closed because some people don't understand the concept of an opinion.

Reactions: Mithro

·
Banned
5,216 Posts
Vince doesn't like small guys perhaps? And Bryan is over with casuals, they just needed a scapegoat, happens all the time...there's another report out of them second guessing taking him out, but who really knows the truth as to how they do stupid shit nowadays?

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Because it's better saved for Wrestlemania season.

·
PUSH BIG E
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Because it's better saved for Wrestlemania season.
..Is it wrong to want a feud that could somewhat start now, or get hinted at started rather than do it like, two PPV's beforehand?

Like, maybe have Orton cut a promo only for Punk's static in his music to interrupt him a few times. Then at PPV, nearly costing him a win.

Get the show on the road from there. Even have a match with Triple H somewhere in there. "If you want to get to the champ, you're gonna have to go through the boss first." or something of that sort.

·
PUSH BIG E
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
blablablal logical post that makes sense blalbla
Don't listen to him.

HE'S CRAZY. But yeah, all jokes aside, that's a pretty good point.

Argument is though, they need someone the fans can care about. All the casuals. Big Show just doesn't seem like that guy.

·
Registered
8,560 Posts
Don't listen to him.

Argument is though, they need someone the fans can care about. All the casuals. Big Show just doesn't seem like that guy.
Isn't that WWE programing? Kind of mushy, non-offensive, half-cooked, bland. Big Show is perfect for the kind of main eventer they value. I just laugh at this stuff at this point. For better or for worse, Bryan should have got his title run, even if it was just til HIAC.

The way the storyline is set up currently, Orton should turn babyface and challenge Triple H for TLC. That's my bad fantasy booking. This coward chickenshit heel champ all the way to Mania with Triple H pulling the strings? Its going to make for some really bad tv.

I seriously doubt Big Show is going over, so why would Punk fans want him to be jobbing to the Authority? *shrugs* He's better off staying away from this angle.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Don't listen to him.

Maybe because Big Show is to Orton what Mark Henry was to Cena at MITB, a filler opponent while they position the next big storyline. Maybe that will be Punk, maybe, though less likely, that will be Bryan agsin or hell, maybe it'll be a series of filler opponents all the way to Wrestlemania and a possible unification match with Cena (btw, I've been thinking a good way to go would be to have Orton, Cena (assuming they're still champions), Rumble winner Punk and Sheamus (the new corporate heel) face at 'mania for the unified championship.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts