Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen Batista speaking on several occasions that he still loves the wrestling business, but does not like the PG era.
If that is the case, why didn't he end up in TNA? Isn't TNA like the old E, well kind of..
I don't think money can be an issue? They're paying hogan and RVD huge money. Batista was a bigger name when he left , and I bet he still has fans..

May be ego? or may be he wants to be on good terms with E? I don't think he has some cool movie roles in his kitty

Has he ever spoken about it ?

·
Premium Member
44,377 Posts
Take your pick:

1) They can't afford to pay him what he wants.

2) He's in his 40s & injury prone so he isn't worth it.

3) He isn't very good and wouldn't mesh well with most of the talents.

4) Their heavyweight roster is already pretty loaded and there isn't room for him.

5) God doesn't hate me that much.

You know, one of those reasons.

·
KILL BECKY KILL
3,192 Posts
I have seen Batista speaking on several occasions that he still loves the wrestling business, but does not like the PG era.
If that is the case, why didn't he end up in TNA? Isn't TNA like the old E, well kind of..
I don't think money can be an issue? They're paying hogan and RVD huge money. Batista was a bigger name when he left , and I bet he still has fans..

May be ego? or may be he wants to be on good terms with E? I don't think he has some cool movie roles in his kitty

Has he ever spoken about it ?
Yeah, he's said before he doesn't like TNA.

·
The Loose Cannon
5,833 Posts
My assumption is he wants one more run in WWE and doesn't want to be jobbed out to Ezikiel Jackson upon his return.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I think the chances of him signing with TNA are higher now then they were a couple of years ago, because of Bellator being bought by viacom and having a working agreement with TNA, I can see him coming to TNA only if they sign him to the same kind of deal they signed King Mo to. Batista has been trying to sign with a well known MMA promotion for quite some time now & was close to signing with Strikeforce before they were bought by ZUFFA. So i think if TNA came to him with the idea of working for Bellator and TNA him might strongly consider signing with them

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I hope he stays away. The Heavyweight Division isn't what needs help right now.

Go out and get Morrison and Tyson Kidd. Bring them in to bolster the X-Division a little. Would also like to see Generation Me back for the tag division.

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
...because Batista's full of shit, he knows that an act like his has a certain shelf life and that if he stuck around he'd get boring, where as now he's seen as more of a hot commodity (to some fans, feck knows why) and therefore worth more money and will be seen in higher stature when he does return.

Add to that fact that he's getting on a bit now and the wear and tear of the road will be taking it's toll on his body, it's good for him to take time out from such an active schedule.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
If they were ever going to sign him they should have done it when Flair was still around but now that Flair's gone, I don't see much point in signing him. Like everyone's said, the main event roster is pretty full anyway. Also, if people complain about RVD and Mr. Anderson not giving 100%, I would hate to see what they'd say about Batista. Couldn't see him trying very hard at all in TNA.

·
Registered
304 Posts
F**K Batista! Bring someone with actual talent that will return x division matches to their former glory, I'd love to see Paul London and Brian Kendrick return, although it's a shame that i'd never get to see them fight MCMG as Alex Shelley has left.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't like Batista... but he was a rating grabber in the E.
TNA can use him.. get him for 6 months or something?

it has more to do with Batista noit liking TNA than anything else, i think.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts