Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shes in a feud with Anna Jay and The Dark order a heel faction that decimated her husband, and Anna Jay choked her out cold on top of her unconscious husband, i mean you would think logically Brandi should be a face right? But if you watched the recent Dark episode where she faced Red Velvet she was pretty blatantly a heel, came out acting arrogant, taunting with her action figure in Red Velvet's face. Played a heel pretty much the whole match, Anna Jay came out to stare her down and Brandi still acted like a heel using Anna's choke to win the match and laughing.

After the match Brandi then taunted again with her action figure and laughing about Red Velvet being out cold, and i'm like what the fuck is this? bitch you are supposed to be a face right now, you're in a feud with a woman who choked you out on top of your husband, you're supposed to be the underdog babyface fighting for your family why you acting like a fucking heel right now?

So Brandi's a heel feuding with another heel, why the fuck should i care about this exactly? two assholes feuding with one another who you supposed to cheer exactly? shit makes no sense.

I know the Nightmare Family, especially Cody was kinda subtly acting like heels, Cody was doing it very subtle mind you, whereas Brandi i don't think knows what subtle is, Bitch is out there with a sign practically above her head going "Hey guys i'm a heell! I'm a heel!!".

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's because AEW doesn't know what they're doing and allows the talent to do what they want. Mix in Cody proclaiming loudly "There is no face and heel!" and you've got shit like guys and girls swapping from face to heel randomly.
Exactly, the inmates are running the asylum doing whatever the fuck they want when they want, theres no unbiased boss in charge doing things the right way, Tony Khan's philosophy is "Well they're the wrestlers they know better than anyone else how to book themselves" fucking idiot.

And Cody's a fucking idiot proclaiming theres no faces and heels, motherfucker thats pro wrestling, theres been babyfaces and heels since the beginning, thats the way its supposed to be. Theres supposed to be a good guy and a bad guy, so we have one guy we're supposed to root for and hope wins, if both act like assholes whenever they choose to who we supposed to root for exactly?

·
Registered
383 Posts
No faces or heels then who am I cheering for or why do I care about this? It is a simple logic

Anyone tuning in would think Brandi a straight out heel, which given her look and personality does not really suit her

Ive gone from Thunder Rosa V Shida to a Brandi match, there is my problem with the division

Red Velvet still looks great and has super potential

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
Brandi is being Brandi

you’ll see more of that

we are dipping our toe into the ‘be yourself, feud with anybody‘ world

they just had Penelope v Jordan too - both heels

the world is full of gray - there’s no such thing as a ’good guy’ and a ‘bad guy’ - you just lie somewhere on the morality spectrum

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Just wanted to mention that Cody got savagely beat up only to come back and announce he's hosting a talent show without really mentioning Brodie Lee or selling injuries.

the world is full of gray - there’s no such thing as a ’good guy’ and a ‘bad guy’ - you just lie somewhere on the morality spectrum
Vince Russo has been saying this for 20 years. for 20 years people have said he is wrong and laughed at him because wrestling needs faces and heels.

·
Angry at refs
3,528 Posts
Her character is literally a self-entitled, egotistical wife of one of the founders. Heels vs heels are a thing, and one can even be the face in the feud but still be a heel.
I'm not saying it's good or anything, but cmon guys, it's nothing new.

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Her character is literally a self-entitled, egotistical wife of one of the founders. Heels vs heels are a thing, and one can even be the face in the feud but still be a heel.
I'm not saying it's good or anything, but cmon guys, it's nothing new.
So if she's self-entitled and egotistical why would her babyface husband, brother in law or any other babyface want to be affiliated with her and her shitty attitude?

I avoid egotistical and self-entitled people personally.

·
rasslin
4,109 Posts
The world is full of gray but there's a difference between Walter White killing people to save his ass and Brandi Rhodes being a douche randomly.

You need to establish why we should care about a character before the audience cares about their morality spectrum. Right now you see Brandi walking around cutting peoples hair off for no reason and then shes in her jean shorts and american dream t shirt cheering on the companies top baby face.

What causes her to behave this way? why does Cody put up with this woman? why should we care that the big cult stable choked her and him out?

·
Registered
942 Posts
It sums up how bad she is as onscreen character, she will hurt the women's division if she keeps on behaving so desperate for attention, I feel sorry for velvet for havingto put over someone who is actually greener than her in the ring.

·
Illegitimate child of Robert 'Glorious' Roode
899 Posts
Its hilarious that people who hate a show so much, still tune in and try to take a giant shit on it. Heres looking at you Chip and Mox

:rolleyes::eek:EDIT: I will add you into the list of fucking idiots SAMCRO for the sheer amount of locked, crap threads you make

·
Angry at refs
3,528 Posts
So if she's self-entitled and egotistical why would her babyface husband, brother in law or any other babyface want to be affiliated with her and her shitty attitude?

I avoid egotistical and self-entitled people personally.
Cody isn't babyface. Dustin is, yes, but 'the family bond' is easily explained.
Then avoid her? If her character is that much of an issue for you anyway. It's what I do.

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
I think they turned her heel to be a heel tag team with Allie, so they can win the tournament. But then they lost it and they couldn't turn her face again so fast so they just kept going with a heel Brandi also featuring in the DO beating them up.

I think Anna Jay attacked wasn't planned and they just did it for DO to make the most impact.

If Cody turns heel upon return, she can align with him easily though.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Her gimmick really should be the chameleon rather than the current one she has of looking like the slow step sister of eugene with her constant playing with a toy figure.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts