Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started watching again about a month ago and looked up who this Joseph Parks guy was and I found out that it's really Abyss. I'm confused. Are they playing it off as it being someone else or are they playing it off as an alter ego with everyone knowing without looking it up. I didn't see the beginning of this angle so I have no idea, but why not just get someone else to play his brother?

·
Registered
14 Posts
it hasnt been mentioned on TV yet that its actually abyss. im sure abyss came out in one segement and told joseph park to keep out of his buisness, im assuming they gonna go with an alter ego or remove his mask completely

·
Registered
10,124 Posts

·
#OVER
11,548 Posts
JOSEPH PARK ESQUIRE is fucking awesome and much more entertaining than Abyss, so hopefully he keeps that character instead.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
Easy way to end it. Let someone run into the ring with proof of Abyss has no brother. Then Joesph puts on the mask and destroys Bully Ray.

·
Registered
12,674 Posts
Split personality. I actually like the storyline. Will they keep it once Abyss "comes back"? Ie have "Joseph Park" sometimes show up, and other times "Abyss"? Will he chance mid-match?

Or is Abyss just playing Joseph Park to trick Bully Ray?

Abyss' arms are all scarred up - I might use that to drop the first hint that they are one in the same. Have Bully rip off the shirt and then freakout and run to the back mid-match to end it in a count out. Bully could explain what he saw, and Joseph could explain how he was in a car accident as a kid or something.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I don't think they have used holograms or similiar things, because from what I can remember, they never appeared at the same time physically. At Sacrifice, they played a video on the screen of Abyss (during the week) telling his brother to "back off before he got burned", and then interviewed Joseph Park.

·
Fear Me!
3,444 Posts
I wonder how they'll reveal that "Joseph Park" is actually Abyss. At Slammiversary I can see "Joseph Park" getting beat down by Bully Ray, only for Abyss' music to hit, distracting Bully Ray long enough for "Joseph Park" to put the mask on, revealing that he is Abyss.

The only way that makes sense to me.

·
Registered
94 Posts
i remember a few weeks ago when joseph was in crowd and did interview camera got too close you could see the scars and tats on his arm up his sleeve

·
Registered
813 Posts
I would get rid of Abyss and keep the Park persona.
I want to see him go nuts.
Let someone bring prof, but Joseph has legit split personality.
So that person is a lier, and must have done something bad.
Give him more personalities.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Split personality. Abyss' arms are all scarred up - I might use that to drop the first hint that they are one in the same. Have Bully rip off the shirt and then freakout and run to the back mid-match to end it in a count out.
Yeah, I was thinking of something along those lines. Ray throws Park around the ring for a bit, the shirt gets torn and they both see his tattoos etc. Both of them (Joseph, too) freak out as they realise what's going on.

Don't know how you could end it satisfyingly, though.

Longer term I'd rather see Chris Park play Joseph AND Abyss, depending on what mood he's in. I don't particularly want to see Abyss appear full time (and it's a waste of the talent that he's obviously got but has taken us 10 years to see), but then I also think Joseph Park has a short shelf-life once this particular storyline is over.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts