Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been a long while since hes been gone but to be honest i miss seeing him TNA and wish he was stil around. He was the first TNA guy i became a fan of and it just sucks that his career ended so prematurely in TNA. I mean jobbing to Val Venis of all people? :no:

So why do you guys think he was dropped? Is it just TNAs stupidity to blame?

·
The Middle Rope
2,451 Posts
Not sure, it seems like a weird decision to make. I think there must of been some sort of dispute, maybe with pay. I can't see why they would just out of the blue cut one of their best X-Division contenders. The guys is a TNA veteran and has done alot of crazy things for the X-Division.

I think he deserved to be treated alot better by TNA.

·
Shut your mouth and rest in peace!
1,288 Posts
I've wondered this myself. Daniels is one of the guys that made me take interest in TNA in the first place, so it was a real shame to see him just disappear like that. I'd love to see him back.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
I think people have got the wrong end of the stick when it comes to why TNA released Christopher Daniels. This to me is a blatant case of "You have to leave to come back." Before Daniels left he wasn't doing much and there wasn't much for him to do that we hadn't already seen him do in TNA. So with that in mind what would have been the reason to keep him? So TNA decided to release him for now, with the view of bringing him back at some point down the road.

Now just imagine what it would be like if say in 6 months Daniels returns. By this point AJ would of hopefully turned back face and Daniels can return and just lay into AJ.

"While I was away struggeling to make a living, you were walking around here, being Ric Flair's bitch" etc. etc. etc.

They can then move into an AJ-Daniels feud and this time it'll br fresh because we've not seen them go at it for a fair while. Then after that he can go into a promo with Joe and do a similar spiel. Then once he's done that there's a roster full of guys who we've not seen him come across in a while, how will they react when they meet back up again.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,965 Posts
A lot of guys with power, in the wrestling business, don't like people who can outwork them with ease.

Daniels has had incredible matches with Eddie Edwards, Kenny Omega, Roderick Strong and Tyler Black since returning to ROH.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
TNA never really valued Daniels. Atleast not the past few years. They were never gonna make him a world champ and they didn't have any plans for him and didn't want to give him a real contract so they let him go.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
I actually think Daniels might be over 40. If not, then upper 30s.
39 years old, he's getting on but has a good 5+ years left in him in my opinion.

You could have him return to TNA and retire there and that would be a really memorable TNA moment in my eyes. Having a guy who's so well known for being one of 'the' TNA guys retiring on their show at the hands of one of the younger guys.

·
Registered
661 Posts
IMO, Daniels is someone who was a causality Hogan and Bischoff coming in.

I read some reports that they didn't feel like he had the potential Styles did, and they didn't know what to do with him, so they let him go.
Which is a shame because he's obviously great in the ring and has his worth when booked right, and was close with important people backstage.

That being said, I feel alot of TNA fans have this misconception of Daniels being younger than he is (he's about to be 40) because he's associated with AJ and Joe and the other younger TNA Originals.
Still, it was silly to have to watch him walk while Hogan was bringing in his cronies when he first showed up.
Most of them are gone now, but it doesn't excuse not knowing what to do with Daniels when he was around.

At least it sounds like he's doing well in ROH.
I'd be cool if he came back to TNA, but as long as Hogan and Bischoff are around, he probably won't see the point in trying, UNLESS he was guaranteed a more prominent spot on the card.
And at this point, TNA's heavyweight division is pretty full so I don't see it.

·
Banned
282 Posts
Jesus, I don't understand how Daniels can be intriguing. Personally, he has no charisma at all, a dumb-founding gimmick, and an awkward build. The guy can work, but his matches mean shit.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
Jesus, I don't understand how Daniels can be intriguing. Personally, he has no charisma at all, a dumb-founding gimmick, and an awkward build. The guy can work, but his matches mean shit.
Cool story bro. Too bad none of it's true.

As far as why Daniels was released, I think it was a call from Bischoff and/or Hogan, regardless of what Bischoff said on radio. TNA's always had a home for Daniels, and coincidentally when they come in, he's gone.

·
Registered
11,500 Posts
Cool story bro. Too bad none of it's true.

As far as why Daniels was released, I think it was a call from Bischoff and/or Hogan, regardless of what Bischoff said on radio. TNA's always had a home for Daniels, and coincidentally when they come in, he's gone.
Despite TNA never signing him to a long term deal from 2002-2009. Can't blame Hogan or Bischoff for that. Why Bischoff would go out his way to fired Daniels and keep guys like Doug Williams and Amazing Red around? It just doesn't add up, Bischoff might has an ego and might do a lot of things wrong but I doubt he went out his way to fired Daniels out of EVERYONE ON THE ROSTER.

He is either part of the "THEY" storyline and been on hiatus for the storyline or TNA release him for financial reasons.

·
Registered
11,500 Posts
Maybe they secretly hate people with talent. You know, like Vince did in the 80s.
??? WWE roster in the 80's is perhaps the greatest of all time especially 89. Dibiase,Savage,Steamboat,Hogan,Duggan,Andre,Hart Foundation,Bulldogs,Tully,Arn,etc.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts