Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If tna has as many flaws then why watch it. For example, the Raiders have so many flaws and have management issues but I refuse to watch their games or spend money on tickets until they get their acts together.But it seems ppl in the iwc who dont like tna still watch their show and even spend money on ppvs. Ok, I know some of you watch tna because your favorite wrestlers are in tna but its the same with the raiders, I have favorite players on the team but one or two players arent going to make the rest of the team win games.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
To be honest, I have not watched an episode of Impact since June and I'm a lot happier for it.

But the majority of fans that continue to watch, do so because they are WRESTLING fans. There is talent we like and we would all love TNA to get their shit together and become something positive in the wrestling business. Just to have another mainstream alternative.

Sadly TNA drops the ball at every turn but they continue to watch hoping for the best but usually getting the worst. Again despite TNA having a loaded roster we all respect but the people running the company are just fucking clueless.

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
I don't know, but I for one am sick of the WWE marks trolling this board. Fair point if you're an indy fan or a Puroresu fan, you may have SOME credibility but theres nothing more contradicting than a WWE fan calling out TNA's continunity or poor booking.

TNA dropped the ball with a storyline? Big deal. I can name hundreds of storylines WWE dropped the ball with; The Nexus, The Invasion... the list goes on. And I bet the same people who are marking for Kevin Nash were adding him to the list of washed up old folks who were in TNA this time last year. TNA's continunity is awful? Yeah, no. WWE are terrible at continunity and booking.

Case in point: WWE's flaws are just as bad as TNA's flaws. If not worse. The only thing WWE have on TNA are successful ratings and fancy sponsors. The writing teams are vastly similar. Except WWE have stupid soap opera writers, while TNA have stupid wrestling writers.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
I don't know, but I for one am sick of the WWE marks trolling this board. Fair point if you're an indy fan or a Puroresu fan, you may have SOME credibility but theres nothing more contradicting than a WWE fan calling out TNA's continunity or poor booking.

TNA dropped the ball with a storyline? Big deal. I can name hundreds of storylines WWE dropped the ball with; The Nexus, The Invasion... the list goes on. And I bet the same people who are marking for Kevin Nash were adding him to the list of washed up old folks who were in TNA this time last year. TNA's continunity is awful? Yeah, no. WWE are terrible at continunity and booking.

Case in point: WWE's flaws are just as bad as TNA's flaws. If not worse. The only thing WWE have on TNA are successful ratings and fancy sponsors. The writing teams are vastly similar. Except WWE have stupid soap opera writers, while TNA have stupid wrestling writers.
Just because one company sucks doesn't mean another company is better. They both suck pretty ass.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
you are all crazy it's just wrestling calm down
Most do get overly up-in-arms over the way that wrestling goes, but when their goal is to earn $$ and their audience does not want what they are putting out, it is absolutely right to speak up about it.

Truthfully, there is no reason why any wrestling show should be bad considering everything is pre-planned. It's one thing for there to be something such as a bad fight in UFC, but everything being pre-planned should eliminate that possibility. However, considering that TNA creative is about as creative as a box of turnips it will continue to underdeliver, much like how it has for the past four years.

The whole "if it's bad, why do you watch it" think is a double edged sword anyway. If someone comments on it being bad, a defender will immediately jump to that argument when for all they know, the person critiquing it may have very well just watched their first episode in a good minute. People that are into a business such as wrestling will typically go out of their way to watch any form of it whether it be WWE, TNA, independents, etc just to attempt to get a bit of variety in what it is that they watch as opposed to just sticking to one thing. With that said beyond a few talents, I personally cannot see how TNA can appeal to anyone whatsoever honestly besides the horrible cliche reason of "It's not WWE."

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Cause they probably don't have anything better to do than to waste there time moaning/complaining about TNA.Fair enough if you don't like the product but if you think it wont improve and have given up on it then why waste your time watching it/posting on forums about it all the time.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Cause they probably don't have anything better to do than to waste there time moaning/complaining about TNA.Fair enough if you don't like the product but if you think it wont improve and have given up on it then why waste your time watching it/posting on forums about it all the time.
right

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
It's pure entertainment.

As a "serious" wrestling company I gave up on TNA a long time ago. But I'm still looking forward to downloading Impact every Friday. I'm dead serious about this. Every week I get 83 minutes of awesome entertainment.

I watch pretty much everything that calls itself wrestling. Puro, WWE, US Indy Feds, European Indy Feds - you name it. And I can't name any other show that consistently entertains me as much as Impact every single fucking week.

I just see it as comedy show. Every week, no matter in which mood I am, they are able to make me legit lol several times and I appreciate that fact. How anybody can watch 10 minutes of Impact, stop for a minute and just think about what they just saw and not facepalm and/or laugh is beyond me, but everyone has a different taste I guess.
And I'm really not trying to bash TNA here, to me it's consistently the most entertaing show every week. Just not as a wrestling show, but a comedy one.

I started doing this about two years ago and honest to God, it made me a happier person. There were several times I legit cried laughing. It's that damn good.

Yes, they have some wrestlers I really like. Yes, every now and then they have a good or better wrestling match/segment which I enjoy and appreciate too, but 95% of their product is just pure comedy gold.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
It's pure entertainment.

As a "serious" wrestling company I gave up on TNA a long time ago. But I'm still looking forward to downloading Impact every Friday. I'm dead serious about this. Every week I get 83 minutes of awesome entertainment.

I watch pretty much everything that calls itself wrestling. Puro, WWE, US Indy Feds, European Indy Feds - you name it. And I can't name any other show that consistently entertains me as much as Impact every single fucking week.

I just see it as comedy show. Every week, no matter in which mood I am, they are able to make me legit lol several times and I appreciate that fact. How anybody can watch 10 minutes of Impact, stop for a minute and just think about what they just saw and not facepalm and/or laugh is beyond me, but everyone has a different taste I guess.
And I'm really not trying to bash TNA here, to me it's consistently the most entertaing show every week. Just not as a wrestling show, but a comedy one.

I started doing this about two years ago and honest to God, it made me a happier person. There were several times I legit cried laughing. It's that damn good.

Yes, they have some wrestlers I really like. Yes, every now and then they have a good or better wrestling match/segment which I enjoy and appreciate too, but 95% of their product is just pure comedy gold.
preety much this

plus... there's people i like to watch there, if we complain or not is our business, not our fault you guys are so sensitive:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
I pretty much watch for comedic value at this point. Wrestlicious isn't available to me at the moment, so I need to get my comedy wrestling fix SOMEHOW. There's no point taking TNA seriously at this point, the company have made it clear they don't. I'm happy with going along for the ride, streaming their PPVs when I have nothing else to do, catching bits of Impact and laughing at their fuckery on here. Even so, I find it hard to get through full shows, there's something so painful about it.

From a wrestling fan standpoint, I just don't see the point in watching it intently anymore. Sabin's injured (thanks Anarquia); Shelley is nowhere to be found; Daniels, Joe and Styles don't do anything noteworthy; the women's division has pretty much turned to crap and there aren't any intriguing feuds or angles to get into. At this point, I'm only interested in what Austin Aries and Bobby Roode are doing and that is not enough to hold my interest.

It's not even stale or stagnant like I can accuse the WWE of being, it's just fucking horrible. An over or poorly booked, contrived mess. I don't want to watch a show based around Sting, Flair, Hogan and Kurt Angle in 2011. It just feels like a re-run. They have all the tools and potential to put on a fantastic show full of great talent of the future, but they instead rely on coasting on guys who were big 10 years ago.

So yeah, I've stopped expecting much from them and I don't expect it to get better any time soon. It's like a car crash; you don't want to be involved, but you just can't look away. I'll watch for shits and giggles because I assume that's what TNA expect me to do.

Oh, and give it a rest with this "THE WWE DO IT TOO!" crap. Holy inferiority complex batman.

·
Registered
851 Posts
The unwatchable comments are a bit of an overreaction to be honest. it's a case of focusing one specific points and ignoring everything else. Really I dont see TNA as bad as some do, for a Major Wrestling Promotion in todays era it's pretty decent.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I think both WWE and TNA are improving.

Basically if you see someone on the TNA board thats just a troll feel kinda sorry for them. That is probably the highlight of there day. Giving self high five a sad sad meaning.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Most people don't even watch TNA, they simply read spoilers/results and bash it because it's the cool thing to do.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I watch it solely for the star power. I would have had no problem with Kurt Angle, Hulk Hogan, and Ric Flair being in WWE if they had been used properly--Flair as a manager ONLY, Hogan as a GM who made occassional appearances, Angle as a main event enhancement talent, etc. And I want to see my favorites, also including Sting.

As someone who never watched WCW at all (save for a few episodes in '96), and as someone who didn't watch at all from '96-'03, this is my second chance to see them again.

So as ridiculous as it sounds, I watch for Hogan, Sting, Flair, Angle, Jarrett, etc.

What's so sad, though, is that I really used to watch it as an alternative. The booking was different, the stars were different, the wrestling was different, but it was all so intense. I used to love watching Styles, Daniels, Petey Williams, 2005 Abyss, Rhino, Samoa Joe, Team Canada, Monty Brown, etc, and thinking that this promotion would really come up and bring the fight to WWE. By Spring 2010, after the Monday Night massacre, I realized it would never happen, so I've resigned to just enjoy the old stars, since the guys aren't getting much to do.

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
whats with the constant negative press about this company.Its insane you are not happy you refuse to watch then good,Dont come bitching about it all day long.

I reguse to watch the wwe and i have not since much since 2005. For me it just got worse and worse. I never trolled wwe forums sayuing it sucked.No joke i cut everything wwe off.

Dont say way watch it if it has so many flaws. Everyone that acutely watches it enjoys the important parts of the show. Most of the talent is great and the wrestling period.

Regardless my main reason for not watching the wwe, Is its done everything it has nothing more to do it cant grow any bigger.

This company has so much change and growth and adding and taking away.That excites me to watch these things happen. Its our baby ha.

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
IW is improving.

But I'm not watching it as a whole. I just watch the matches I want. Due to things like the main event area in general, I just can't sit through an entire show. Not Impact, and definitely not a PPV.

·
Really too good to wrestle in front of all you pri
1,660 Posts
I need a good laugh sometimes. Plus sometimes I watch it by accident, by leaving Challenge on after I've fell asleep.

Though lets be frank, if Austin Aries is on the show then I'm watching at least his segment.

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
I rarely do anymore. First time I've stopped really watching since around 06/07. I'll check it, but I rarely "watch" it. Happened just about after Destination X.

I'll check out some of the vids on Youtube. It's just pretty much poor writing and a boring/stale main event.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts