Wrestling Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
like i JUST said, who said he had to use it on Kane, or any of the current champions for that matter? i don't ever remember teddy long coming out and saying "hey buddy, gotta cash in that shot!" and of course it wouldn't make sense for him to challenge Raw champions now, because the writers didn't write it that way. they could easily make that happen with a storyline if they wanted to.

it's just fact, you want World Titles, and Kaval came into NXT season 2 as the guy who backed down from no fight ever. this is him basically backing down from Kane. not that i care much, but i find that hard to argue.

the real story here is just WWE not wanting the guy to have a World Title shot, people can try and "kayfabe" this all they want.
But he got his first victory on the Intercontinental Champion, wouldn't you be happy and think you can beat the guy again?

Of course they don't want to give Kaval a World title shot like that, he wouldn't have any business with Edge or Kane or Del Rio or Mysterio or whoever is the champion in the future(considering you are saying he should have saved it).

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
But he got his first victory on the Intercontinental Champion, wouldn't you be happy and think you can beat the guy again?

Of course they don't want to give Kaval a World title shot like that, he wouldn't have any business with Edge or Kane or Del Rio or Mysterio or whoever is the champion in the future(considering you are saying he should have saved it).
the bolded part pretty much overruns anything in explanation of kayfabe, and is my point in this entire thing.

i get what everyone's explaining, and that's fine. but if people honestly think the writers actually thought it out like that, and actually thought "hey, we need a reason for Kaval not going for the world title," you're deluding yourself. there's no kayfabe explanation for this, they don't care if Kaval is credible against Kane or not credible, or if he wants to "work himself up" or not through a fighter's gimmick, it's just the WWE making the matches they want to happen happen. you just don't give up a World Title shot, i see no other ways around that.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Cash in? Since when did he win the MITB?!

Now seriously, it's Pro Wrestling, there has been far less logical stuff in the past.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Let's see... Big Kane or Dolph Ziggler?? There's your answer :p

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
Let's see... Big Kane or Dolph Ziggler?? There's your answer :p
pretty simple answer.

Kane. every single time. the World Champion. the one that if you win you get to go in the history books and all that junk.

you can have a completely forgettable career, but if you were able to win the World Title just once, you're still going down in the books as something that, kayfabe status, is higher than some of the greats ever achieved.

the rest of whatever The Great Khali is going to do with his career doesn't mean shit. but you know what? he was still a World Champion, and i bet Matt Hardy is slightly jealous.

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
The first page is full of reasoning suggesting he's a coward and shouldn't face Kane because he's 7 ft and all of that..Benoit made Kane tap out like a little bytch and he's what? 5'9 or 5'10? As always, the WWE can book it anyway they want but they chose to have Kaval settle for a goof like Ziggler. Should be a good match though and I think Kaval is gonna win over the Miami crowd.

·
Registered
115 Posts
No harm in giving him a competitive match vs. the World Champion, in a loss. I thought part of the deal was that it was a title match on a PPV though, right? Maybe the reason they didn't give him a world title shot is that they thought a PPV with Kaval in a starring role would bomb.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
well, this, and then there's the fact that i don't ever remember a deadline being stated for him having to select his championship match. who's to say he couldn't have waited for the champion after Kane, or after him?

for those stating "obviously he just doesn't want to go after the 7 foot monster," that has fucking nothing to do with it, and goes completely against Kavals gimmick anyway. there's no real logic to it, at least logic that when explained doesn't sound generally stupid, but whatever, Kaval fans just need to be satisfied in the fact that they didn't forget about it altogether and he still might get a title out of all this sometime.
Truth.

like i JUST said, who said he had to use it on Kane, or any of the current champions for that matter? i don't ever remember teddy long coming out and saying "hey buddy, gotta cash in that shot!" and of course it wouldn't make sense for him to challenge Raw champions now, because the writers didn't write it that way. they could easily make that happen with a storyline if they wanted to.

it's just fact, you want World Titles, and Kaval came into NXT season 2 as the guy who backed down from no fight ever. this is him basically backing down from Kane. not that i care much, but i find that hard to argue.

the real story here is just WWE not wanting the guy to have a World Title shot, people can try and "kayfabe" this all they want.
Sense.

pretty simple answer.

Kane. every single time. the World Champion. the one that if you win you get to go in the history books and all that junk.

you can have a completely forgettable career, but if you were able to win the World Title just once, you're still going down in the books as something that, kayfabe status, is higher than some of the greats ever achieved.

the rest of whatever The Great Khali is going to do with his career doesn't mean shit. but you know what? he was still a World Champion, and i bet Matt Hardy is slightly jealous.
Correct.

There is no question. In kayfabe terms, one someone has a chance to win the big one, then they should take it. There would be guarantee that they would ever have such a chance again, and if they did win, they'd go down in history.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
Because wrestling doesn't always have to make sense.

·
also known as a BUSTER
12,021 Posts
He's playing it safe. He believes that going for the world title, at this early stage of his career, would be a waste.

·
Registered
353 Posts
pretty simple answer.

You fail to realize that Kaval is not credible to defeat kane....

He knows that he cant beat kane.
He was defeated by jobbers.
He can naver defeat a WHC
He also likes wants to work for the WHC.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
You fail to realize that Kaval is not credible to defeat kane....

He knows that he cant beat kane.
He was defeated by jobbers.
He can naver defeat a WHC
He also likes wants to work for the WHC.
If wrestling were real, no wrestler would think along those lines.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Not everyone needs to be WHC their first year in the company.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
let him go indy stiff and see the sparks fly so to speak:p

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
that was a great idea :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
44,439 Posts
Why wouldn't he cash it in for the IC Title? He's a low level guy in the WWE trying to climb up the rankings, and at this stage in his career, he'd probably be better off going after Ziggler who he stand a better chance of beating than Kane in a main event match.

Also, it makes the IC Title seem desirable if somebody actually wants it.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts