• Sheamus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Daniel Bryan

• Big Show

• Swagger

• A returning Undertaker (doubt he's recovered, but who knows)

• Swagger's Soaring Eagle (same as Otunga)

• A surprise entrant (state who)

So, who's winning the Royal Rumble?

2K views 24 replies 18 participants last post by  EDGE!!! 
#1 ·
So, what the title says...

#4 ·
HHH

A face winning is most predictable

He's been out so long, he's guaranteed a big return.

And there is no way he's not going to be in a world title match at mania two years running.

#12 ·
Hedging our bets, are we?

I'll go with Kofi, since I don't think this angle of his on Smackdown was started just a couple weeks ago for no reason.

#13 · (Edited)
You never know, Kaval won NXT season 2 for no reason. :side:

If Kofi was getting the same booking as last year, he'd be a very reasonable choice, despite the huge probability of being held back because he's a black man. Kofi, the way he's been booked since he came to SmackDown!...very difficult to see. I'm not opposed at all, but the evidence isn't there apart from a couple thinly veiled "Kofi will never be world champion" jabs by Michael Cole, which, if it materializes is more than likely a MITB push than a Rumble push.

#14 ·
Kofi's really the ideal choice but I just can't see him challenge Edge for the World Title seeing as how the guy just turned face unless Kane takes the title from Edge at the Rumble, though he could also face The Miz for the WWE Title at Wrestlemania instead.

But in the past week, Cena and Punk just started feuding and it could very well go down to Wrestlemania with the WWE Title on the line so I'm thinking that one of them will win the Rumble and the other will win the WWE Title at EC.

#15 ·
I would shit my pants if Kofi wins the Royal Rumble but i just can't see it. Maybe it's just my pessimism but with the possible return of Triple H as surprise entrant, Cena and Punk being in the Royal Rumble match itself, and possibly Orton too, realistically Kofi has a very slim chance of winning.

#17 ·
I hope Christian wins.

#18 ·
Good thoughts, Pyro and DX-HHH-DX and Prospekt's March.

One reason I think the Cole highlighting of Kofi "never becoming world champion" fits more for The Royal Rumble than it does for Money in the Bank is because of the timing. Starting that up right in the middle of December strikes me as awfully ideal timing for a Royal Rumble push. Even if they have a MITB match at Wrestlemania, that's still over three months away and with Smackdown's weak roster, especially, it's highly unlikely WWE could keep up a MITB push for Kofi this strongly, and this consistently, for the duration of that period of time. They seem to be setting Kofi up--potentially, anyway--for a classic underdog storyline for Wrestlemania with Cole continually harping on the opinion that Kofi will never win the big one, despite winning The Royal Rumble. Rather than use the standard marquee match intrigue to build it up as Wrestlemania-worthy, since Kofi is logically a newcomer to the main event scene, they would have to adopt the "underdog, boyhood dream" angle for him, which they already seem to be setting up. It's just very conspicuous, that's all. Otherwise, this is all just conjecture and theory.

With them harping on the Edge/Christian friendship as of late, I could see Christian return at the 'Rumble to cost Edge the championship to Kane, to set up a heel Christian vs. face Edge, non-title match at Wrestlemania, Kofi vs. Kane for the WHC and meanwhile they could give Rey vs. ADR a proper blowoff at Wrestlemania since, if it really is Kane vs. Edge at the 'Rumble, I find it unlikely that Del Rio will be champion this winter after all (unless Edge simply retains at The Royal Rumble and Del Rio picks it up at Elimination Chamber, which seems unlikely but at least within the realm of possibility).

I do agree with you, DX-HHH-DX, however, that either Punk or Cena winning the Royal Rumble is a distinct possibility considering their storyline and its potential as well. Although I think in every case a heel's winning of The Royal Rumble soehow, eventually, detrimentally impacts The Road to Wrestlemania storyline in which that heel is involved.

#20 ·
Good thoughts, Pyro and DX-HHH-DX and Prospekt's March.

One reason I think the Cole highlighting of Kofi "never becoming world champion" fits more for The Royal Rumble than it does for Money in the Bank is because of the timing. Starting that up right in the middle of December strikes me as awfully ideal timing for a Royal Rumble push. Even if they have a MITB match at Wrestlemania, that's still over three months away and with Smackdown's weak roster, especially, it's highly unlikely WWE could keep up a MITB push for Kofi this strongly, and this consistently, for the duration of that period of time. They seem to be setting Kofi up--potentially, anyway--for a classic underdog storyline for Wrestlemania with Cole continually harping on the opinion that Kofi will never win the big one, despite winning The Royal Rumble. Rather than use the standard marquee match intrigue to build it up as Wrestlemania-worthy, since Kofi is logically a newcomer to the main event scene, they would have to adopt the "underdog, boyhood dream" angle for him, which they already seem to be setting up. It's just very conspicuous, that's all. Otherwise, this is all just conjecture and theory.
Rumble pushes don't usually work that way, though. To be honest, with the damage Kofi has taken, he's probably gonna NEED 4 months to build himself back up for MITB, considering I doubt they want another Swagger.

#21 ·
I just wonder if WWE sees the value in having a non-main-eventer winning it again for the first time in what feels like ages. On one hand, there's the Youth Movement that's raging, but on the other hand, the 'Rumble has felt like it's under lock and key to strictly main event-level figures.

A lot of questions concerning how much time Kofi would need, depend, I would suggest, on how strongly his current push continues. They have been explicitly making the finishes to his matches--singles and a couple of tag bouts--be all about him, really, with his finisher being highlighted against Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger, et. al. If that continues for just another three or four weeks, and if he gets a big win over an unlikely guy like, say, Alberto Del Rio, he might not need such a lengthy push (for the 'Rumble, in any case). It would kind of remind me of the Benoit push going into that 'Rumble match.

Underdog angle or not, I'd hope it wouldn't be completely so one-dimensional, as I found a lot of the Rey Mysterio 'Rumble push, which, unfortunately felt kind of condescending (not to mention embarrassing when they used Eddie's death so liberally).

#25 ·
It´s really tough to say this year. I don´t have a favourite and I haven´t read any rumours about the rumble winner yet. So it is really open who is going to win but a spontaneous pick would be a returning Christian/HHH.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.