Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time for the Raw and Smackdown after Mania, which means we will likely see a lot of call ups from NXT to the main roster. It's always fun to speculate and debate who will get called up.

I think a lock is Andrade Cien Almas with Zelina Vega. They always have at least a few top stars go up, and right now Andrade seems like the best candidate. He just lost his title and most everyone else seems to be staying put. I also think McIntyre will go up after he gets his rematch for the NXT Title.

As far as the women go, I think Ember Moon and the Iconic Duo are also locks. Nikki Cross is another candidate, but I don't know about that one. I think Sanity, as in the 3 men, are ready to go but you can make an argument that Nikki could still do more.

And AOP are also definite at this point. I mean, they have to be, right? Probably not before the put over the War Raiders (War Machine) though.

And to round it out, I could see No Way Jose going up to be the new resident jobber while someone like Lio Rush gets called up exclusively to 205 Live.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
AOP need to go to Raw and Alma’s needs to go to smackdown, however won’t Almas likely get a rematch on nxt tv before he comes?.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Hopefully AOP. Pretty sure Almas will stay unless Drew comes up too b/c Drew said at the Takeover pre-show that he will be fighting with Almas.

·
Registered
9,913 Posts
Almas and Vega have seemed like the no-brainer pick for a while. People seem to think AOP too. I don't really see why not. They could honestly use more polish, but they're likely to get that with the WWE than in whatever they call NXT now, since it's not really developmental. Um, I can see a lot of cruiserweights working 205 Live and NXT. Lio Rush and Ricochet, etc. The Iconic Duo make sense. Ember Moon wouldn't shock me. I can see Sanity coming up because they need heels all around the place. I actually see them getting a surprisingly big push, believe it or not. No Way Jose as a lower-card act.

·
Registered
24,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another potential name I just thought of is Velveteen Dream. Now, I in no way want this to happen. I want Dream in NXT at least another year.

But, Black's not going anywhere. Cole is a double champion now. Gargano and Ciampa are staying put. Ricochet and EC3 just got there. So.....I wouldn't be completely shocked if they decided to move him up.

·
TEAM KICK!
9,429 Posts
AOP and Almas are ones that i'd be pretty confident about. Iconic Duo, Drew and Ember are some that i'd consider possibilities too.

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts
I think Ember not being in the Battle Royal pretty much says she is going up. I would say Andrade with Zelina, Drew and AOP are locks too. There is a chance for Sanity and Iconic too since they are doing nothing in NXT.

Reactions: Bryan Jericho

·
Premium Member
4,008 Posts
My throw it against the wall guess: Iconic Duo will be called up to Raw but the story would be they are brought in by Alexa.

I know fans of them that hate Bliss don't want that at all. But the alternatives are stay in NXT and be rarely used, got to SD and hopefully be used in the 1 segment the women's division gets, go to Raw and be a more charismatic Mandy & Sonya (personal house show jobbers to Asuka) or be paired in story with the top heel of the division.

Plus suddenly Raw's women babyfaces are OP'd as hell, Ronda, Nia and Asuka... Not to mention Bayley & Sasha are still faces until one of them turns (if either of them turn)

·
Registered
170 Posts
I wouldn't see much in Ember not in the Battle Royal. She was already at the Royal Rumble & Maybe just Takeover Loss Selling.

·
Oh Becky Becky, Becky Becky Becky Becky Becky Lync
2,265 Posts
Andrade Cien Almas and AOP should be locks, especially the latter who have nothing left to do in NXT and should've been called up a while back - I would put them both on Smackdown to add a bit of depth.

Ember Moon is a possibility, so is Iconic Duo. I don't want to see Velveteen Dream get called up to the Main Roster . . . yet.

·
Premium Member
17,159 Posts
Iconic Duo would be nice, but if put on Raw they'd likely be crushed by Nia Jax. They are somewhat bullies, although very over, and the recent storyline is Nia being an outcast and bullied. So, perhaps on Smackdown and shift from ladies from Smackdown to Raw to make up for it (like Becky :mark:).

AOP should be called up. Raw. Bludgeon bros kind of are the big guys on Smackdown. I can see Drew coming up as well; Almas coming up but still doing business on NXT.

·
Registered
12,663 Posts
Authors of Pain are pretty much the only people that I would be even close to 100% confident in going up.

I have felt 0 connection to Ember Moon in NXT and I doubt that would change if she got called up. Would rather the iconic duo get called up and Moon tinkers with her character some more.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts