Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Royal Rumble now is basicly a place where a guy comes back to being active in WWE,like we saw John Cena 2 years ago and Edge this year. So,this year we got 3 guys coming back,HHH,Jericho and Batista

Batista is just a report that says that WWE hired him again,but idk. Also,he already won the Rumble once,so I guess he's out of question

Jericho's tour ends in December I think,but I'm not sure. I guess that's just right to come back at the rumble. But WWE basicly uses him as a jobber,so I guess he's not a big choice either. I hope WWE gives him at least one Rumble win,he deserves it for all the work that he did in the WWE/WWF

Now we have Triple H,one it one time,now is a bit out of shape but recovered the injuries. I'm sure that if in two months he pumps up,he'll be the one winning the Rumble.

So,what's your guess? HHH,Batista or Jericho?

I guess it would be HHH,though I would prefer no one returned at the rumble and a guy like Kofi, Christian or John Morrison to win it.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
BROCK!111`3

Nah, biggest possibilities right now are Trips (expect he'll be MUCH sooner though) or possibly Big Dave.

Whoever it is, I have one request - do not let them win. Their returning feud can be set up instantly by someone re-entering to eliminate them or whatever...

·
Registered
417 Posts
too soon for Christian apparently but would have liked that.

Jericho is my best bet. Like you said, tour ends in December so perfect timing.

Batista, maybe depends on how/if his UFC thing happens

Triple H, already back imo. He's appeared in front of a wwe audience, and they spread him over WWE.com, so he'll be back on TV sooner rather than later

Lesnar?
Goldberg?
Nash?
HBK? <<dreaming a little with the last 2.

·
Banned
3,457 Posts
Hopefully Dave Batista, HHH and Jericho.

Batista should return in the Rumble, HHH in a Title match and Jericho in a Singles match.

Save Christian for another night, Elimination Chamber maybe? Undertaker @ WrestleMania.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Mr MJ™;9005213 said:
I actually lol'd. No chance.
I know. :p

It's hard to predict who will return this year (if there's one), my guess is Batista. Triple H and Jericho will probably return before Rumble.

*Edit: Erm, the guy below me is right, it's next year's not this year's, stupid me.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
It won't be HHH, he'll be feuding with Sheamus and a feud where superstar Y put superstar X out in a retirement angle lasts more than a month. I'm gonna go with Batista if he comes back. Christian would only win the rumble if 3 reasons : He can get over his injury in time, he's finished his feud with Del Rio, Edge has won the WHC from Kane. All 3 of them next to impossible.

Personally i'd like to see CM Punk or Barrett win.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Doesn't it just annoy you when nobody makes a return at the Rumble?
Anyway, I'd hope to see Jericho back. I'm not so sure if Batista would show up, seeing as he is undergoing MMA training and he probably wouldn't want to risk injuries

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
I don't care for "returns" anymore, once upona time "returns" meant actual returns, 2001 had the returns of Honky Tonk Man, Haku and Big Show... 2002 had Mr Perfect, Goldust, Godfather and Val Venis... I miss the days of actual surprise entrants. or Bob Backlund surprise entry into the 2000 rumble. The last time they did it was with RVD, was it last year or 08 I can't remember, but that was the last time I was genuinely happy with the surprise.

Edge returning this year was the most predictable thing ever. So if they actually bring someone in as a surprise, I hope its a good one.

·
Registered
92 Posts
i wish thid would happen it'd be a dream come true. I've missed Undertaker's Bad-Ass Gimmick. And if anybody is likely to return its Triple H no doubt he'll make a good comeback that way

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
I've said it before and I'll say it again: "big" returns at the Rumble, especially for the victory, have been overdone and need to be shelved for a while.

Triple H: already had his big Rumble return in 2002. No.
Batista: A possibility, but I don't see it.
Christian: Probably won't be ready, and they don't care about him anyway. Best you can hope for is outside interference that causes Alberto Del Rio to be eliminated.
Jericho: He's the most likely, though he wouldn't win the Rumble itself.
Lesnar, Goldberg, Michaels: Keep dreaming, people.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've said it before and I'll say it again: "big" returns at the Rumble, especially for the victory, have been overdone and need to be shelved for a while.

Triple H: already had his big Rumble return in 2002. No.
Batista: A possibility, but I don't see it.
Christian: Probably won't be ready, and they don't care about him anyway. Best you can hope for is outside interference that causes Alberto Del Rio to be eliminated.
Jericho: He's the most likely, though he wouldn't win the Rumble itself.
Lesnar, Goldberg, Michaels: Keep dreaming, people.
speaking of Triple H returning back at the 2002 Royal Rumble lets take a trip down memory lane and watch it. In my opinion that was the best return to a Royal Rumble ever !

Reactions: El Pikkle

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
the most likely would probably be jericho, but there is plenty of time between now and then. also the undertaker could be making a return at the ppv as it would be a way to build toward his annual wrestlemania storyline. hhh, i think will be back before the royal rumble, but he could also make a come back to propel his wrestlemani storyline as well. maybe someone like king booker returns for shock value or something. the event is too far away, hard to predict what might happen in between then and now.

·
Registered
557 Posts
This is my favor : KURT FREAKIN ANGLE !
Before Hogan & all the old WCW staff comin' to TNA. I was like this guy best wrestler in the world and in the TNA they got best young talents in biz today. But now cmon maan? Why Flair why Hogan been a face of company ? Young guys like AJ, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe etc where are they ? Kurt should back to the WWE. And show all of us hees still best in the world.

My second opinion is Brock Lesnar. Rather, I hope .

·
Registered
160 Posts
speaking of Triple H returning back at the 2002 Royal Rumble lets take a trip down memory lane and watch it. In my opinion that was the best return to a Royal Rumble ever !

Aww the memories just came flooding back there.

Didn't use any Wrestling Forums or Websites back then, so I still remember waking up my whole house shouting and jumping about when I heard HHH music play. Total surprise.

Loved it.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts