Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 92 Posts

Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
You think every Pro Wrestler ever is a good promo and is really charismatic. Pretty crazy isn't it how most human beings aren't charismatic people and aren't good public speakers but yet somehow every single Pro Wrestler in the history of the universe excels at both those things. I mean what are the odds of that?

Give it a rest mate. All you do is discredit the hard work of actual promo talents by acting like everyone is good on the mic. There's people who has busted their ass to become good or even great promo workers and then you come along and claim everyone is good on the mic.

The best run of Drews WWE career...is that meant to mean something? He was the 'Chosen One' who flopped badly and the became a comedy jobber in 3MB for most of his first run. His second run has been a really dull heel run where he would come out to dead silence every week, and this Babyface run where he and he alone is allowed to be underwhelming because of COVID.

I credited the people that have genuinely bene delivering high level work at least the majority of the time, or at least have delivered the best work of their career. What has Drew done? Where is Drews great work? He's still monotone and robotic on the mic. His entire personality is that he's from Scotland and he's not the sort to deliver in the ring to a high level.

You do this alot, I've already commented on it above. But you discredit and shit on the hard work of other Pro Wrestlers to act like you're favourites, or at least those Wrestlers the McMahons tell you to mark out for are delivering to the highest level.

Can you honestly say Drew has been performing to the level that Sasha and Bayley were last year? Or that Edge has been, or Daniel Bryan? Can you honestly say that he has bene performing to an exceptional level?

Just because you mark for someone doesn't mean you have to blindly worship them and pretend everything they do is great. I'm a huge Miz mark but can readily admit that apart from that one promo on Raw after becoming World Champion every single thing he has done in WWE for the last two years has been complete and total unwatchable, stupid, pointless garbage.

Newsflash, the title of this thread is So, who exactly are the worst drawing world champions in the company's history?

I know you cant deal with any opinion that doesn't mirror yours exactly, you're one of those fans who need everyone else to support your opinions but this thread is about terrible drawing World Champs. McIntyre and Rollins are in the discussion. Raw hit some all time lows with Drew as Champ. And Rollins never did any good for the ratings either, despite the fact every Rollins fan claimed for years that if WWE got behind him he'd instantly become a Star and cause a ratings boom.

Actually that one week Miz was Champion saw a ratings increase...so...

But hey, most smarks still despise The Miz because he's some charisma vacuum, spot monkey doofus who no sells everything. So I know Miz wouldn't pop ratings as World Champ. The fanbase hates people like him, they only care about people with Indy cred and the ability to do a sweet flip and nothing else.

I cant believe we still have people like you who suddenly think the talents cant be blamed for the ratings at all. Funny how when it was Cena, or Orton, or Sheamus, or the Bellas, or anyone who fit the mold of 'WWE-made' was on top that it was perfectly acceptable to blame the ratings on the wrestlers, but now that its people like Drew, Rollins, Bryan, Styles, Asuka, etc on top suddenly the wrestlers cant be blamed anymore.

Of course the individual talents affect ratings, they always will. SmackDown has that Main Event trio of Reigns, Edge and Bryan doing fantastic work every week and the ratings are much better. Raw has had Drew on top running through everyone for a year now and never putting anyone else over and ratings have tanked. Everything people like you used to bitch about with Roman, Drew is guilty of as well but you ignore it.

The problem with Drew is theres nothing new, original, unique or different about him. He looks like all the other McMahon pets; greasy hair + beard, muscles. He cant cut an engaging promo, hes bland as hell, he has no personality outside of being that Scottish guy, he has no charisma, he's the generic WWE Superhero Babyface that never loses, and no one every gets to look good against him, EVER.

WWE have even sabotaged the Hurt Business now because they were too over and that would interfere with Super Drew and his glorious moment of another WM Coronation.
Yikes, thanks for exposing yourself as a huge hypocrite who can't take a different opinion with this TEDIOUS long drivel of a post here.

Am I supposed to be impressed with Smackdown struggling to maintain 2 million viewers with Roman Reigns, Sasha Banks, and Bayley supposedly "drawing" those numbers as world champions, or those small bumps for the Raw viewership by The Miz when he was WWE Chanpion but yet still couldn't hit 2 million viewers?

Nobody on the current roster is a big TV draw anymore, so those names should be in the conversation for "worst" drawing world champions (which they shouldn't because ratings will decrease no matter who's holding a world title). It's really pathetic that you just pick and choose who to blame for the low ratings simply because you're STILL pissed off that hardcore fans (wrongfully) blamed company favorites for the decreasing ratings several years ago.

For the record, I just LOVE how you conveniently ignored Seth Rollins's WWEWHC title reign in 2015 when ratings were still holding up at least 2.5 million viewers (with 3 million viewers at most), but yet you're the one who's "not" an unbiased hypocrite 馃槀

Your predictable arguments where you pretend I act like "every" wrestler is "superbly" talent still gets a big yikes from me. For the record, yes, Drew McIntyre and Seth Rollins are still pretty good talents overall regardless of your (laughably bad) opinions of them.

Registered
You think every Pro Wrestler ever is a good promo and is really charismatic. Pretty crazy isn't it how most human beings aren't charismatic people and aren't good public speakers but yet somehow every single Pro Wrestler in the history of the universe excels at both those things. I mean what are the odds of that?

Give it a rest mate. All you do is discredit the hard work of actual promo talents by acting like everyone is good on the mic. There's people who has busted their ass to become good or even great promo workers and then you come along and claim everyone is good on the mic.

The best run of Drews WWE career...is that meant to mean something? He was the 'Chosen One' who flopped badly and the became a comedy jobber in 3MB for most of his first run. His second run has been a really dull heel run where he would come out to dead silence every week, and this Babyface run where he and he alone is allowed to be underwhelming because of COVID.

I credited the people that have genuinely bene delivering high level work at least the majority of the time, or at least have delivered the best work of their career. What has Drew done? Where is Drews great work? He's still monotone and robotic on the mic. His entire personality is that he's from Scotland and he's not the sort to deliver in the ring to a high level.

You do this alot, I've already commented on it above. But you discredit and shit on the hard work of other Pro Wrestlers to act like you're favourites, or at least those Wrestlers the McMahons tell you to mark out for are delivering to the highest level.

Can you honestly say Drew has been performing to the level that Sasha and Bayley were last year? Or that Edge has been, or Daniel Bryan? Can you honestly say that he has bene performing to an exceptional level?

Just because you mark for someone doesn't mean you have to blindly worship them and pretend everything they do is great. I'm a huge Miz mark but can readily admit that apart from that one promo on Raw after becoming World Champion every single thing he has done in WWE for the last two years has been complete and total unwatchable, stupid, pointless garbage.

Newsflash, the title of this thread is So, who exactly are the worst drawing world champions in the company's history?

I know you cant deal with any opinion that doesn't mirror yours exactly, you're one of those fans who need everyone else to support your opinions but this thread is about terrible drawing World Champs. McIntyre and Rollins are in the discussion. Raw hit some all time lows with Drew as Champ. And Rollins never did any good for the ratings either, despite the fact every Rollins fan claimed for years that if WWE got behind him he'd instantly become a Star and cause a ratings boom.

But hey, most smarks still despise The Miz because he's some charisma vacuum, spot monkey doofus who no sells everything. So I know Miz wouldn't pop ratings as World Champ. The fanbase hates people like him, they only care about people with Indy cred and the ability to do a sweet flip and nothing else.

I cant believe we still have people like you who suddenly think the talents cant be blamed for the ratings at all. Funny how when it was Cena, or Orton, or Sheamus, or the Bellas, or anyone who fit the mold of 'WWE-made' was on top that it was perfectly acceptable to blame the ratings on the wrestlers, but now that its people like Drew, Rollins, Bryan, Styles, Asuka, etc on top suddenly the wrestlers cant be blamed anymore.

Of course the individual talents affect ratings, they always will. SmackDown has that Main Event trio of Reigns, Edge and Bryan doing fantastic work every week and the ratings are much better. Raw has had Drew on top running through everyone for a year now and never putting anyone else over and ratings have tanked. Everything people like you used to bitch about with Roman, Drew is guilty of as well but you ignore it.

The problem with Drew is theres nothing new, original, unique or different about him. He looks like all the other McMahon pets; greasy hair + beard, muscles. He cant cut an engaging promo, hes bland as hell, he has no personality outside of being that Scottish guy, he has no charisma, he's the generic WWE Superhero Babyface that never loses, and no one every gets to look good against him, EVER.

WWE have even sabotaged the Hurt Business now because they were too over and that would interfere with Super Drew and his glorious moment of another WM Coronation.
Excuse me?

Seth never pulled good ratings? Lol, his segments boosted RAW and Smackdown's ratings in 2020. Heck, a Seth Rollins episode of RAW OUTDREW LEBRON JAMES AND THE NBA IN JANUARY OF 2020.

The company never gave Seth a fair shot on top. They booked him terribly and didn't push him as the FOTC. Had they really got behind him and booked him properly RAW would still be drawing over 2 million viewers.

Registered
Excuse me?

Seth never pulled good ratings? Lol, his segments boosted RAW and Smackdown's ratings in 2020. Heck, a Seth Rollins episode of RAW OUTDREW LEBRON JAMES AND THE NBA IN JANUARY OF 2020.

The company never gave Seth a fair shot on top. They booked him terribly and didn't push him as the FOTC. Had they really got behind him and booked him properly RAW would still be drawing over 2 million viewers.
Seth draws. I can't believe that's even argued at this point.

Registered

I remember someone here said that the word "charisma" is thrown around a lot. They said only three people in the history of WWF really had charisma and they are Austin/Rock/McMahon. I do agree wrestling fans tend to use the word charisma loosely. Some people list everyone on the roster as charismatic which isn't true. Just like not everyone are beautiful or geniuses.

The Babyface of WF
Defying the role dynamic
I remember someone here said that the word "charisma" is thrown around a lot. They said only three people in the history of WWF really had charisma and they are Austin/Rock/McMahon. I do agree wrestling fans tend to use the word charisma loosely. Some people list everyone on the roster as charismatic which isn't true. Just like not everyone are beautiful or geniuses.
Different levels of Charisma those names you listed are a whole other Tier compared to anyone today.

It's more or less the abundance or lack of.

Registered
Nash and JBL are two lowest drawing

WWE only averaged 2,800 paid during Nash's year long run. Company also posted a loss.
According to this guy, Nash wasn't

interesting takes here from the video's description :

• RAW's ratings average was higher in 1995 than 96&97 (though to be fair, Nitro didn't debut until September 95)
  • RAW set an all-time record on Apr 24, 1995 for Diesel vs. Bigelow title match doing a 3.9 rating & 2.28 million homes; the largest audience to watch pro wrestling in the U.S. since Hogan vs. Flair title match at COTC on Aug 24, 1994.
  • WWF's losses in 97 were higher than that of 95
  • Wrestlemania, Summerslam, King of The Ring in 1995 all drew bigger buys than their 96&96 counterparts (though again in all fairness, Lawrence Taylor was the main event of that PPV that got it way too much publicity)
  • Royal Rumble 1995 got a bigger buyrate than 1997
  • The biggest drawing IYH PPV from 95 to 97 was the IYH 1 featuring Diesel/Sid for the title
  • Nash's title reign outdrew HBK's first title reign, Taker's 2nd, Sid's 1st &2nd .. (It must be said that Nash held it for a year while the others laster for 6 months tops)
  • WWF's PPV revenue was higher in 95 than 97
  • The MSG house shows significantly dropped after Nash/Hall departed, they were doing 18K sellouts in early-mid 1996 (in which Nash was in the main event), it dropped to 6K by the fall.. So Nash holding the title for a year did help further the growth

It should be stated that the WWF went through heavy times a year prior to 1995 with the scandals and trials

Fearless University Graduate
Claims of charisma are definitely thrown around a lot. Everyone wants their favourite to be charismatic.

But reality is the vast majority of people are not charismatic, truly charismatic people are rare so this idea that some people have that every Pro Wrestler is charismatic is just ridiculous. Its not plausible. Its just people wanting it to be so because charisma is the big trump card, and the be all, end all of being a Star.

I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
The Icon That Can Still Go
According to this guy, Nash wasn't

interesting takes here from the video's description :

• RAW's ratings average was higher in 1995 than 96&97 (though to be fair, Nitro didn't debut until September 95)
  • RAW set an all-time record on Apr 24, 1995 for Diesel vs. Bigelow title match doing a 3.9 rating & 2.28 million homes; the largest audience to watch pro wrestling in the U.S. since Hogan vs. Flair title match at COTC on Aug 24, 1994.
  • WWF's losses in 97 were higher than that of 95
  • Wrestlemania, Summerslam, King of The Ring in 1995 all drew bigger buys than their 96&96 counterparts (though again in all fairness, Lawrence Taylor was the main event of that PPV that got it way too much publicity)
  • Royal Rumble 1995 got a bigger buyrate than 1997
  • The biggest drawing IYH PPV from 95 to 97 was the IYH 1 featuring Diesel/Sid for the title
  • Nash's title reign outdrew HBK's first title reign, Taker's 2nd, Sid's 1st &2nd .. (It must be said that Nash held it for a year while the others laster for 6 months tops)
  • WWF's PPV revenue was higher in 95 than 97
  • The MSG house shows significantly dropped after Nash/Hall departed, they were doing 18K sellouts in early-mid 1996 (in which Nash was in the main event), it dropped to 6K by the fall.. So Nash holding the title for a year did help further the growth

It should be stated that the WWF went through heavy times a year prior to 1995 with the scandals and trials
Very disingenious to put it mildly. Nash lost the title in November 1995, pre-NWO, and Nitro only existed for 2 months at that point. Sid, Bret, and others went up against Nitro when Hall and Nash were there, and Hogan was a heel. Diesel had virtually no competition and still drew worse. Ratings, house show attendance went up in the years after Diesel dropped the title to Bret and thereafter, even with competition against the NWO. They also soldout MSG for the first time in awhile on the 5/19/96 MSG House Show when Diesel was no longer Champion.

Did they?...they almost went out of business when Shawn was the champion(according to Vince). (y)
Sure did. Without any real competition in those years, either. Nothing says draw like begging your champion to go to the competition.

...or pay him twice as much as the "The Icon That Can Still Go".
And then less than a year later beg to get out of the contract and send him off to the competition that was whipping the ass of the guy who was Champion being paid twice as much as everyone else.

Registered
And then less than a year later beg to get out of the contract and send him off to the competition that was whipping the ass of the guy who was Champion being paid twice as much as everyone else.
...or maybe he couldn't afford the contract cause the icon couldn't draw as the top guy and almost ran the company out of business the year prior.

...or maybe he couldn't afford the contract cause the icon couldn't draw as the top guy and almost ran the company out of business the year prior.
Almost went out of business, but did better than the previous few years, and with actual competition in 1996.
In the history of pro wrestling, I've never seen a promoter rip up the contract of the highest paid guy in the company and current World Champion, and then on top of that, BEG him to go to the competition that was already kicking the ass of that very same guy in the ratings every week. Pathetic. And then the failure of that very same guy in the other company. Lots and lots of failure for one guy there.

Registered
Almost went out of business, but did better than the previous few years, and with actual competition in 1996.
In the history of pro wrestling, I've never seen a promoter rip up the contract of the highest paid guy in the company and current World Champion, and then on top of that, BEG him to go to the competition that was already kicking the ass of that very same guy in the ratings every week. Pathetic. And then the failure of that very same guy in the other company. Lots and lots of failure for one guy there.

Pushing a 40yrs old wrestler to the competition because of his unaffordable contract seems very logical to me, but pushing a 32yrs old out of the top spot just to give it to another 32yrs old with a bad neck, it don't get any more "pathetic" than this.

Registered
Very disingenious to put it mildly. Nash lost the title in November 1995, pre-NWO, and Nitro only existed for 2 months at that point. Sid, Bret, and others went up against Nitro when Hall and Nash were there, and Hogan was a heel. Diesel had virtually no competition and still drew worse. Ratings, house show attendance went up in the years after Diesel dropped the title to Bret and thereafter, even with competition against the NWO. They also soldout MSG for the first time in awhile on the 5/19/96 MSG House Show when Diesel was no longer Champion.
True .. there is some bias in the facts as I stated, for example the guy posting the video neglected to mention that WM11 had huge press coverage from the sports media due to LT as oppose to 12&13 .. as well as Nitro鈥檚 debut at the last stages of Nash鈥檚 reign

However as for the MSG sellouts I have to say even though Diesel was no longer champion he deserves credit for the growth as the events were only a month or two long from his title reign so a year of him holding the belt didn鈥檛 do damage that would prevent a record sellout at the Garden

41 - 60 of 92 Posts