Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
LOL.

Ratings were already tanking with Rollins as Champ. Getting lower and lower, Drew just finished it off.

Boyth guys are all time terrible World Champs in every sense.
Actually Seth drew very well in 2019 all things considered.

He had everything against him and still managed to draw good numbers. He outdrew 2002 Austin in Texas and drew a massive house in a difficult town for the NOC PPV. He was on fire during the summer against Lesnar too.

I would like to see someone else draw the numbers he did under the same circumstances.

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
The Icon That Can Still Go
53,595 Posts
1996 was higher rated than the entirety of 1995 and 1994 with Diesel and Bret on top. House show attendance was also up in 1996...all against the NWO when it was new and fresh, too.

·
Fearless University Graduate
16,770 Posts
Actually Seth drew very well in 2019 all things considered.

He had everything against him and still managed to draw good numbers. He outdrew 2002 Austin in Texas and drew a massive house in a difficult town for the NOC PPV. He was on fire during the summer against Lesnar too.

I would like to see someone else draw the numbers he did under the same circumstances.
What circumstances? Being pushed as the top Babyface in the Company, World Title, squashing Corbin every week? Yeah, poor Seth he had it so bad.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
What circumstances? Being pushed as the top Babyface in the Company, World Title, squashing Corbin every week? Yeah, poor Seth he had it so bad.
Seth was the victim of bad booking.

Literally nobody past or present could have done more with the hand that Seth was dealt in 2019.

·
Registered
425 Posts
LOL.

Ratings were already tanking with Rollins as Champ. Getting lower and lower, Drew just finished it off.

cmon man its hard for even me to watch wrestling with no crowd. and i know this is anecdotal but i largely dont... of all "sporting events" that got hurt by this pandemic, i think pro wrestling got hurt the most quality wise.

·
FOTC
10,993 Posts
Diesel is probably the worst drawing World Champion in history. But in his defense he never got a clean win over Bret during his year long reign, even though Bret was still active. You want this guy to be the top babyface, but he never defeated the incumbent.

·
16,770 Posts
cmon man its hard for even me to watch wrestling with no crowd. and i know this is anecdotal but i largely dont... of all "sporting events" that got hurt by this pandemic, i think pro wrestling got hurt the most quality wise.
I've raised this point elsewhere but why is the absence of fans only an issue for Drew?

SmackDowns ratings have been much better with Roman as Champ. Sasha, Bayley, Orton, Bryan, Edge, Reigns have all done fantastic work, some of their career best work without the live audience. Whys it an excuse for Drew but not for anyone else?

·
16,770 Posts
Seth was the victim of bad booking.

Literally nobody past or present could have done more with the hand that Seth was dealt in 2019.
Someone with actual charisma, someone with more personality, someone who could actually cut a promo could have done much better.

Seth cant do any of those things so he will always bomb in the top spot. There's a reason the best run of his career came when he had like a 7 person stable around him every week.

Pro Wrestling is bad booking. 9 times out of 10 the shit that gets over is quite dumb. I mean The Rock got an eyebrow over. Cody Rhodes got a moustache over. Rusev and Aiden got 'Rusev Day' over. Daniel Bryan got screaming "Yes" over.

The Rock is historically one of if not the worst booked top guy in history. He lost the vast majority of his feuds even at him most over, yet he's top 3 at worst all time most over Pro Wrestlers.

Maybe you're boy Seth just isn't that good? He was given everything and bombed, again. Even the Indy obsessed workrate smarks turned on him for a bit there.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Diesel, Michaels and Rollins. They had a negative impact as champions. Especially Michaels and Diesel, the average house show number went down drastically until the title had to be put back on Bret for them to go back up again. The numbers simply don’t lie. Rollins and Kofi were drawing in 3,000 fans average in house shows as champions. They were abysmal.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Someone with actual charisma, someone with more personality, someone who could actually cut a promo could have done much better.

Seth cant do any of those things so he will always bomb in the top spot. There's a reason the best run of his career came when he had like a 7 person stable around him every week.

Pro Wrestling is bad booking. 9 times out of 10 the shit that gets over is quite dumb. I mean The Rock got an eyebrow over. Cody Rhodes got a moustache over. Rusev and Aiden got 'Rusev Day' over. Daniel Bryan got screaming "Yes" over.

The Rock is historically one of if not the worst booked top guy in history. He lost the vast majority of his feuds even at him most over, yet he's top 3 at worst all time most over Pro Wrestlers.

Maybe you're boy Seth just isn't that good? He was given everything and bombed, again. Even the Indy obsessed workrate smarks turned on him for a bit there.
The Rock is the luckiest wrestler in history. He inherited the house Austin built during a boom periods. Hundreds of performers could have done that.

Seth didn't bomb. He drew a bigger house in Dallas than Austin managed in 2002 and set a massive house with Strowman for the NOC PPV. The ratings over the summer for RAW were strong. They would kill for those numbers now.

Not that good? He's one of the best of all time. The best today easily.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Diesel, Michaels and Rollins. They had a negative impact as champions. Especially Michaels and Diesel, the average house show number went down drastically until the title had to be put back on Bret for them to go back up again. The numbers simply don’t lie. Rollins and Kofi were drawing in 3,000 fans average in house shows as champions. They were abysmal.
Those numbers are wrong. Seth drew more than that.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I've raised this point elsewhere but why is the absence of fans only an issue for Drew?

SmackDowns ratings have been much better with Roman as Champ. Sasha, Bayley, Orton, Bryan, Edge, Reigns have all done fantastic work, some of their career best work without the live audience. Whys it an excuse for Drew but not for anyone else?

its not... but it should be taken into account for everyone IMO

·
None. More. Hated.
Tuck Your Chin.
8,722 Posts
Diesel is probably the worst drawing World Champion in history. But in his defense he never got a clean win over Bret during his year long reign, even though Bret was still active. You want this guy to be the top babyface, but he never defeated the incumbent.

Who did Diesel have to work with? Who were even heels at the time? Backlund? King Kong Bundy? Kama? Issac Yankem? British Bulldog? Mabel?

Diesel catches a lot of shit but the company literally had zero people for him to work with besides Bret and Shawn. I dont know anyone who doesnt look back on the Diesel character somewhat fondly.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
13,684 Posts
LOL.

Except that Seth Rollins (especially not in 2015) and Drew McIntyre aren't "terrible" world champions at all ( 😂 ), especially considering the fact that they're impressive talents who are pretty damn good in the ring, are really charismatic, and are capable of cutting a good promo too.

It's rich that you're giving everybody else except McIntyre credit for their good work during the pandemic when he's also been having his best run in his WWE career after turning face in December 2019. McIntyre is much more comfortable working as a babyface, and it easily shows in his promos.

For the record, I just love how you're delusional enough to falsely blame Drew McIntyre plus Seth Rollins for the low ratings (simply due to your petty hatred for them both) when world champions like Roman Reigns, Bobby Lashley, The Miz (truth hurts), Randy Orton, Sasha Banks, Asuka, and Bayley also aren't big TV draws due to the ratings STILL decreasing anyway.

I can't believe that it's 2021, and we still have blind folks such as yourself who are still blaming the individual wrestlers for the low ratings when none of them will make a big difference with the viewership; especially during the pandemic. It's like some of you are still stuck in 2012 when CM Punk was also getting (falsely) blamed for "tanking" the ratings.

Wake up, already. The overall quality of the shows nowadays determine the viewership, and not the individual wrestlers themselves.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,947 Posts
most of these are bad drawing eras in general where the champ got the blame but if i had to pick some based on the numbers i am seeing:

hart, michaels, diesel, Bradshaw, jinder

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Who did Diesel have to work with? Who were even heels at the time? Backlund? King Kong Bundy? Kama? Issac Yankem? British Bulldog? Mabel?

Diesel catches a lot of shit but the company literally had zero people for him to work with besides Bret and Shawn. I dont know anyone who doesnt look back on the Diesel character somewhat fondly.
Not saying I disagree with you, but if Diesel truly is the lowest drawing WWE champion of all time, then it's simply a statement of a fact. No one is disputing Kevin Nash's charisma or talent or saying he was 100% to blame for the company losing money during his reign.

Nash and JBL are two lowest drawing

WWE only averaged 2,800 paid during Nash's year long run. Company also posted a loss.
1995 as a whole Was a terrible year for American wrestling it seems. WCW wasn't doing that well at the time either.

most of these are bad drawing eras in general where the champ got the blame but if i had to pick some based on the numbers i am seeing:

hart, michaels, diesel, Bradshaw, jinder
Jinder was a shitty champion but how bad of a draw was he? Did he at least manage to draw in India?

·
16,770 Posts
Except that Seth Rollins (especially not in 2015) and Drew McIntyre aren't "terrible" world champions at all ( 😂 ), especially considering the fact that they're impressive talents who are pretty damn good in the ring, are really charismatic, and are capable of cutting a good promo too.
You think every Pro Wrestler ever is a good promo and is really charismatic. Pretty crazy isn't it how most human beings aren't charismatic people and aren't good public speakers but yet somehow every single Pro Wrestler in the history of the universe excels at both those things. I mean what are the odds of that?

Give it a rest mate. All you do is discredit the hard work of actual promo talents by acting like everyone is good on the mic. There's people who has busted their ass to become good or even great promo workers and then you come along and claim everyone is good on the mic.

It's rich that you're giving everybody else except McIntyre credit for their good work during the pandemic when he's also been having his best run in his WWE career after turning face in December 2019. McIntyre is much more comfortable working as a babyface, and it easily shows in his promos.
The best run of Drews WWE career...is that meant to mean something? He was the 'Chosen One' who flopped badly and the became a comedy jobber in 3MB for most of his first run. His second run has been a really dull heel run where he would come out to dead silence every week, and this Babyface run where he and he alone is allowed to be underwhelming because of COVID.

I credited the people that have genuinely bene delivering high level work at least the majority of the time, or at least have delivered the best work of their career. What has Drew done? Where is Drews great work? He's still monotone and robotic on the mic. His entire personality is that he's from Scotland and he's not the sort to deliver in the ring to a high level.

You do this alot, I've already commented on it above. But you discredit and shit on the hard work of other Pro Wrestlers to act like you're favourites, or at least those Wrestlers the McMahons tell you to mark out for are delivering to the highest level.

Can you honestly say Drew has been performing to the level that Sasha and Bayley were last year? Or that Edge has been, or Daniel Bryan? Can you honestly say that he has bene performing to an exceptional level?

Just because you mark for someone doesn't mean you have to blindly worship them and pretend everything they do is great. I'm a huge Miz mark but can readily admit that apart from that one promo on Raw after becoming World Champion every single thing he has done in WWE for the last two years has been complete and total unwatchable, stupid, pointless garbage.

For the record, I just love how you're delusional enough to falsely blame Drew McIntyre plus Seth Rollins for the low ratings (simply due to your petty hatred for them both) when world champions like Roman Reigns, Bobby Lashley, The Miz (truth hurts), Randy Orton, Sasha Banks, Asuka, and Bayley also aren't big TV draws due to the ratings STILL decreasing anyway.
Newsflash, the title of this thread is So, who exactly are the worst drawing world champions in the company's history?

I know you cant deal with any opinion that doesn't mirror yours exactly, you're one of those fans who need everyone else to support your opinions but this thread is about terrible drawing World Champs. McIntyre and Rollins are in the discussion. Raw hit some all time lows with Drew as Champ. And Rollins never did any good for the ratings either, despite the fact every Rollins fan claimed for years that if WWE got behind him he'd instantly become a Star and cause a ratings boom.

Actually that one week Miz was Champion saw a ratings increase...so...

But hey, most smarks still despise The Miz because he's not some charisma vacuum, spot monkey doofus who no sells everything. So I know Miz wouldn't pop ratings as World Champ. The fanbase hates people like him, they only care about people with Indy cred and the ability to do a sweet flip and nothing else.

]I can't believe that it's 2021, and we still have blind folks such as yourself who are still blaming the individual wrestlers for the low ratings when none of them will make a big difference with the viewership; especially during the pandemic. It's like some of you are still stuck in 2012 when CM Punk was also getting (falsely) blamed for "tanking" the ratings.
I cant believe we still have people like you who suddenly think the talents cant be blamed for the ratings at all. Funny how when it was Cena, or Orton, or Sheamus, or the Bellas, or anyone who fit the mold of 'WWE-made' was on top that it was perfectly acceptable to blame the ratings on the wrestlers, but now that its people like Drew, Rollins, Bryan, Styles, Asuka, etc on top suddenly the wrestlers cant be blamed anymore.

Of course the individual talents affect ratings, they always will. SmackDown has that Main Event trio of Reigns, Edge and Bryan doing fantastic work every week and the ratings are much better. Raw has had Drew on top running through everyone for a year now and never putting anyone else over and ratings have tanked. Everything people like you used to bitch about with Roman, Drew is guilty of as well but you ignore it.

The problem with Drew is theres nothing new, original, unique or different about him. He looks like all the other McMahon pets; greasy hair + beard, muscles. He cant cut an engaging promo, hes bland as hell, he has no personality outside of being that Scottish guy, he has no charisma, he's the generic WWE Superhero Babyface that never loses, and no one every gets to look good against him, EVER.

WWE have even sabotaged the Hurt Business now because they were too over and that would interfere with Super Drew and his glorious moment of another WM Coronation.

21 - 40 of 92 Posts