Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there's a psp TNA game, but where are the console games? I would love to play them. Any words on this?

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,977 Posts
I think there is a game due in 2011, maybe spring. I dont expect it to be any good, the first one was atrocious.

·
Registered
12,449 Posts
I didn't think it was horrible but they shouldn't have lied about the game. They claimed they had like 300 moves or something mo capped yet didn't incorporate nearly any of them lol.Anyways the new game meant to come out probably around spring like the poster above me said

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,626 Posts
I'm still excited at the prospect of a 2nd TNA game but don't expect it anytime soon. If this game was really gonna be out in Spring 2011 there would be something by now, but at this moment there's not a single screenshot or even actual confirmation that the game is coming out.

But if they were to build off the original engine and just add in authentic movesets, more match types, and a solid CAW and Career mode then it'd be a 1st day buy for me.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
There fault. Released a half ass game that should of been in development for another year.

If the next game is good I'll be shocked that's for sure.

·
Registered
11,660 Posts
AAA basically stole TNA Impact game and made it theirs. LOL

There got to be someone out there who can make a decent wrestling game for TNA?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
The game was extremely half assed. The only TNA specialty match in there was Ultimate X, which loses it's replay value because the match is too easy to win/lose. I've literally played Ultimate X matches that lasted less than 30 seconds.

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,626 Posts
Another thing TNA should look at might be a downloadable title for Xbox Live/PSN instead of a console title, it's much cheaper to finance and they could see strong sales with a $10-15 pricetag.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
I wish martial arts/sports games would be released more on PC. Not to mention that they would have a wrestling monopoly since neither WWE nor Lucha Libre have released any pc wrestling games (unless you count WWE's 10 year old release).

·
Banned
386 Posts
I wish martial arts/sports games would be released more on PC. Not to mention that they would have a wrestling monopoly since neither WWE nor Lucha Libre have released any pc wrestling games (unless you count WWE's 10 year old release).
Video game companies are businesses and there are obvious business reasons why they arent on that format.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Midway went belly up partly because the game did so poorly.
I'm sorry, but that's just crazy. Midway went down because of the economy, and the years of poor games they had put out. Their strongest franchise was Mortal Kombat, and it had largely fallen from grace.

As for the TNA game, I kind of dug it. I bought it cheap, and it was lots of big dumb fun (a lot like TNA itself). As mentioned above, the AAA game basically uses the TNA engine, the games look and feel very similar.

Don't expect the next TNA game to be amazing though, as Southpeak has the license. And if you know anything about video games, southpeak SUCKS. hard.

·
Banned
386 Posts
I'm sorry, but that's just crazy. Midway went down because of the economy, and the years of poor games they had put out. Their strongest franchise was Mortal Kombat, and it had largely fallen from grace.

As for the TNA game, I kind of dug it. I bought it cheap, and it was lots of big dumb fun (a lot like TNA itself). As mentioned above, the AAA game basically uses the TNA engine, the games look and feel very similar.

Don't expect the next TNA game to be amazing though, as Southpeak has the license. And if you know anything about video games, southpeak SUCKS. hard.
TNA's release was an attempt at a cash in to save the company and it failed

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,977 Posts
IGN: 6.7

Gamespot: 7.0
The game was praised for its realistic graphics and simple control scheme but criticized for its limited and repetitive movesets, poor entrances, lack of championship belts, and inconsistent AI
^^that is what made the game horrible. Those ratings are mediocre.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts