Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently started watching TNA every week(again) but Ive always followed. Latley it seems like Hogan and Roode is bound to happen. At first I didnt think it would be for the belt but then it got me thinking: Roode should try and tempt Hogan to come out and fight him, of course Hogan is like "hell no, brother" but Roode will offer the title and say "this is your shot for one last run at glory and get the belt off of me". Hogan will promise to start a tournament for the belt if he wins. My guess is around August just in case TNA does the unthinkable and has him win, giving time for a huge tournament.

·
Registered
119 Posts
How isHogan going to wrestle Roode when he can't take bumps? He took two light bumps in his match with Sting, falling onto the canvas twice, and that was considered risky in of itself. Hogan is pushing the boundaries nowadays if he just falls over once or twice.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They can cover it up like they did Sting vs. Hogan. Or make it a gimmick match to add spots to it...lots of ways to get around it.

·
Comin' at you like a double-fisted kangaroo
21,054 Posts
How about never. It's one thing when heel Hogan who can't wrestle has stacked the odds against Sting, it's another when Hogan would get offense that would look terrible on the world heavyweight champion. And Hogan can't take bumps and can't even fall on the mat without leaning against the ropes so there's no way to cover how bad it'd be.

Plus do you really want Roode to lose to Hogan? Don't think so.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Never. o more authority figures fighting their talent. A new standard please. Hernandez, Pope, and Williams are not on TV...Hogan doesn't need a match especially since he can't go.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Never. For Hogan's health that match shouldn't happen and Roode losing the belt to HOGAN is just so wrong and it should never happen, it shouldn't even be considered. If you want a tournament then one could easily be booked WITHOUT Roode losing the title especially to Hogan.

·
Registered
11,714 Posts
Hogan vs. Roode can work IF they have Roode destroy Hogan in 5 minutes. And when I say destroy, I mean a bloody mess. That's the only good excuse for Hogan vs. Roode.

The sad thing about this is that Hogan vs. Roode would probably do better than Storm vs. Roode even in 2012.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Can't see it happening. Honestly if that Hogan vs Sting match was his last he can go out proud. For all the limitations that was incredibly well done.

·
Self High Five!
146 Posts
The sad thing about this is that Hogan vs. Roode would probably do better than Storm vs. Roode even in 2012.
The only reason for this, would be people tuning in to see wether Hulk Hogan ends up Paralysed in the ring.

Kinda like when you watch a Flair match nowadays. You're constantly thinking, when is the heart attack going to happen.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im telling you guys, its gonna happen. Hogans got one last leg drop in him, hes using it on Roode. He might not win the belt, but the match is coming.

Maybe at BFG they should do Roode vs Storm, but each one has a first match they must compete in, like a pick your poison. Storm picks Hogan for Roode and Roode can pick some monster or something.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Never. What's wrong with you people?

·
Banned
736 Posts
Hyping it up as a TV main-event or as a PPV main-event would be wise. It would certainly be a big deal and would get Roode over even more as a heel by luring out of retirement and taking out the legendary Hulk Hogan.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Yeah it's one thing Hogan giving or receiving a few slaps here and there as an authority figure, it's quite another having a match. They couldn't stack it well enough to hide Hogan's limitations nowadays, And neither man benefits - as it is Hogan can show off his pythons and live on past memories - a final match would just show what bad shape he's in back and neck-wise. And Roode gets nothing out of it either - even if he squashed him, where is the glory in beating a guy with multiple back and hip surgeries and knee replacements?

I think EVEN Hogan is aware that he is done in the ring now....

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Hyping it up as a TV main-event or as a PPV main-event would be wise. It would certainly be a big deal and would get Roode over even more as a heel by luring out of retirement and taking out the legendary Hulk Hogan.
You may slightly pop your rating or buyrate with this matchup. But you risk hurting it coming out of that match and going forward due to Hogan's limited mobility and inability to bump. The match will pretty much be a train wreck cluster f***.

TNA should spend more time concerncing itself with developing & building new stars, writing good & intriguing storylines, reducing the number of overbooked/clusterf*** finishes & it's abuse of unnecessary gimmick matches.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Never.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts