Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They all say.... we want attitude era back, wwe is not same anymore blah blah

so when did u really lose interest?

I became a HUGE fan in 2001 and followed regularly. I loved everything about WWE and was emotionally attached.

And then in 2004 when Brock left(Was a huge fan) I knew I was going to miss him.. .and then came 2005 and I lost interest with the loss of Eddie, Angle, Christian and Jericho.

And since then I just watch PPVs and read results online. No more passion.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
damn.. was supposed to be in general wwe
i'd like it more if mods could move it.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
I think it was when they fully embraced the pg era. The night they changed Cena's finisher to the attitude adjustment. It was a slap in the face to the attitude era fans. Like hey we know you want your exciting time back, but we are going to mock you by changing this finishers name to reflect it.

The only response I had was fuck you Vince McMahon. I still watch occasionaly and will attend live shows when they come to town, but never order ppvs.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Even though I read all the recaps and stayed up to date with the product, I barely watched any WWE at all in 2009. I just did not give a shit about anything they were doing. And that was after over 15 years of being a loyal viewer.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
I stopped watching from late 2007 to early 2008. And then I started again and stopped in late 2008 and didn't resume watching until WrestleMania 25, which got invited to go to.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
2007, I stopped watching towards the end. Not the best of Wrestlemanias, less feuds due to tri branded PPVs and the entertainment, particularly on RAW was deteriorating. I got sick of Cena, and ECW wasn't the same, The New Breed vs The Originals was the last good thing about ECW.

·
Registered
22,862 Posts
I started to lose interest a little after WM 25. It just got way to bland and Hollywood-like. By Dec of last year, I couldn't do it anymore. I still try to stay up to date though.

·
Banned
8,966 Posts
After SummerSlam last year, I began to lose interest. Smackdown was my favourite show of the week and when it dipped in quality, which I think was when Punk lost the title, I hardly watched. I do still stay up to date with what's going on though, watch a few shows and a few PPVs too, but I'm definitely not as big a fan as I was last year.

·
Phantom Thief
17,450 Posts
I just had my longest break ever, over a year. I stopped a few weeks after Punk cashed in on Hardy, and came back a few months ago, just a few days after Hell in a Cell, to find that my favourite PPV of all time Backlash had been abolished.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I actually lost interest and quit watching when the attitude era began, and came back when it ended.

I was a huge fan 94-96, and then as the attitude era began to sink in, I began to slowly back off. I started losing interest in 97 shortly after WM 13. I watched a bit off and on for the next year untill WM 14 which would be the last show I saw for several years.

I didn't watch any more wrestling in 98-2001. I started watching again the night that WWF offically announced it had purchased WCW, and have been watching again ever since.

·
Registered
12,437 Posts
I'm still interested to this day.

Only idiots and masochists watch things they aren't interested in.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
About a month into the guest host stuff.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
for most of the ppl the 2007 period.
I guess they would lose more fans once Taker and HHH r gone.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Ive been a fan since Summerslam 98, which is when I started watching (at 9 yrs old). I got into the forums in mid to late 04, and have always enjoyed the business. I collect all the PPVs on dvd, and thats mainly how I keep up with the current product. I haven't watched a complete episode of Smackdown since 03 when Lesnar was WWE champ, I will occasionally watch bits and pieces of episodes every now and then though. As for Raw, I haven't really been into it since 05/06, though I would still watch the majority of the show. Though I will say that for the better part of this whole year I have lost interest in the product as a whole, and have no desire to watch it. I'd rather watch MNF than Raw, and thats what I do. I haven't even so much as flipped the channel to see whats going on in the last 4 months or so.

·
Banned
354 Posts
I haven't lost interest... most people on here who say they have are liars. They come on here actively and watch every show, and insult it whenever they can. Bunch of losers.

Fact is, WWE is great atm. I disagree with every moaner who always thinks previous era's are better.

·
Something Good Can Work
4,030 Posts
I watched religiously from late 1999 to late 2002 and then from 2004 until about a year ago. Since then I've only watched occasional episodes of Raw and pay per views.

·
Registered
725 Posts
OP, why do you assume we've lost interest in WWE?

The E has been doing alright as of late - the most interesting it's been in 5 years, IMO.

Maybe you should pick up the remote and stop whining about something you apparently know little about since you haven't watched in 5 years.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts