Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Call me crazy but I think the potential to be a star one day is in him. I've always pictured Primo as sort of a 'Puerto Rican' version of Eddie Guerrero and if given a chance I'm sure he could connect real well with the crowd. Hes great in the ring, hes tall enough(billed at 5'10?), and his look can be easily be fixed. It's a shame hes not used more prominently because I once read that hes very passionate about being a wrestler and is always excited when he gets to perform.

·
Who speaks for Earth?
625 Posts
From what I've seen he's a great wrestler. I hope he gets involved with this new mix of great wrestling midcarders (ABR, Bryan, Ziggler, Bourne, Tyson etc)

I haven't really seen his mic skills much but he does seem to have some charisma as a heel.

·
Banned
354 Posts
Wow. So first someone suggested SANTINO could be the new Eddie, and now Primo? No. Just no. No one will replace him, Primo is a tool. Has hardly any charisma if any. If he cut a few promos and developed a personality then I can see potential. His look is decent and he's good in the ring. Other than that, he has nothing going for him. Maybe it's because WWE treat him like shit.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And yet you "mark" for Randy Orton.

Primo like so many before him has in ring talent but not "the look" so he wont go far.
If he worked hard for it I'm sure he could obtain it. Who would have ever thought a 5'8, skinny lookin essa with a mullet would've one day become a superstar that beat Brock Lesnar for the Heavyweight Title?

·
Banned
354 Posts

Primo like so many before him has in ring talent but not "the look" so he wont go far.
I'm not like most Orton fans, I haven't just marked since he went face. I've loved him throughout his career. It's his gimmick that allows less charisma, and he makes it work. Most wrestlers wouldn't. Take it someone has been watching WWE for about 12 weeks now right? Well done, you're officially an old school fan. Gypsy.

·
The Man
15,344 Posts
I kind of don't have an opinion on him. He's just there. He seems like a pretty good wrestler, but his lack of presence and charisma just leaves him there.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
My opinion on Primo? What does it matter. I'd bet good money on him being amongst the next cull of releases.

I'm not asking for it, I just expect it. The guy seams reasonably talented and all, but he's not getting anywhere in the 'E.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
He's good in the ring, and I like watching his matches with guys like Yoshi Tatsu, Ryder and Bourne, but to me he's just Carlito with a haircut and less charisma.
Unless Carlito comes back then I can't see him being more than a Superstars guy or Raw jobber at best.

He keeps changing from heel to face too, like on NXT, WHATS UP WITH DAT?

·
Banned
282 Posts

You're confusing charisma with enthusiasm. Randy Orton is incredible at playing his character. He plays it to perfection. He's the viper. Not Percy "Comedy Character That Won't Draw" Watson. He doesn't just yell in the mic. Watch Randy Orton during his IC Title reign, and I'm sure your opinion will differ (Just because he was given more mic time and character development). Although he does play his character well, he hasn't been given a lot of character growth. He's kinda just been used as a 3rd party in the Barrett-Cena fued, and now to help put over the Miz as champ.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Catch Primo on Superstars!

Seriously, why does the 'E do shit like this? We have a guy who can dance circles around the ring, yet we don't even see him on RAW. I know his Mic Skills may not be good but still.... no need to talk to entertain in the ring.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Call me crazy but I think the potential to be a star one day is in him. I've always pictured Primo as sort of a 'Puerto Rican' version of Eddie Guerrero and if given a chance I'm sure he could connect real well with the crowd. Hes great in the ring, hes tall enough(billed at 5'10?), and his look can be easily be fixed. It's a shame hes not used more prominently because I once read that hes very passionate about being a wrestler and is always excited when he gets to perform.
No one will ever replace Eddie Guerrero.

Anyways, he's a good wrestler but I don't really notice him. He doesn't really seem to have any charisma, so that's probably why I don't notice him...

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
He is great, but lets be honest he doesn't have the package and sadly never will. unless WWE creative team starts smocking major pot and taking big risks.

·
Registered
856 Posts
It would be cool if they did something with Primo. He is able to get a little bit of crowd interaction in his matches which, for someone with so little exposure, is pretty impressive. I think he does have a decent look and I'd like to see him on the mic and somewhere in the US Title scene so I can really get a good look at him. The potential is there, IMO.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No one will ever replace Eddie Guerrero.

Anyways, he's a good wrestler but I don't really notice him. He doesn't really seem to have any charisma, so that's probably why I don't notice him...
I never said he'd REPLACE Eddie Guerrero, but just that he sort of reminds me of him.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
80% of the Wrestlers that get time every week can one day be someone. No matter if we like them or not. So another thread about a jobber doesn't exactly make sense to make, no offense. You can make the same thread about Yoshi Tatsu, JTG, Chris Masters and Curt Hawkins.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
80% of the Wrestlers that get time every week can one day be someone. No matter if we like them or not. So another thread about a jobber doesn't exactly make sense to make, no offense. You can make the same thread about Yoshi Tatsu, JTG, Chris Masters and Curt Hawkins.
Well maybe I'm just interested in what people have to say about Primo? Sure hes just a jobber like the others you mentioned but not everyone has the same exact opinion on ALL jobbers.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts