Wrestling Forum banner

So what's up with Finn Balor, anybody know?

476 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Kratosx23
I haven't kept up too much with him but it seems like he's been jobbing a lot as of late and if he's supposed to take on Bray Wyatt well he lost like a jobber this evening so I don't think anybody expects him to win although if he did,..that would be hysterical... I read his contract is up soon... does anybody think that he's on his way out or what's the deal??
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
I'm honestly starting to worry that Balor is going to beat Bray, because this is so obvious. He's taking time off, Bray has a new character, they're playing up that Balor is off his game. The announcers even said "how can Balor overcome this?". I can see something stupid where Balor gets a fluke and then Bray beats him down and injures him, and they think it's "good heat", or it "protects both guys" or something stupid, but in reality it'll just kill the character.

I'm sure there is no danger of Bray losing and they're doing this to worry people on purpose, but the signs really aren't looking good right now. At the very least, it probably means a longer feud where the Demon comes back on Balors return, and does kill Brays character, which would be atrocious, but not unexpected.

And btw, what a way to make Bray look strong if he is beating Balor. Job him out to Dolph Ziggler of all people, a guy who's never had credibility AND just got squashed on the last PPV. That will make people care about this feud.

· Banned
5,079 Posts
I'm honestly starting to worry that Balor is going to beat Bray
Why? You know they're not gonna push him regardless lol. If they were gonna do anything with him he would've been the surprise MITB winner instead of Bork. He'll be dancing with Hornswoggle by the end of the year.

· Team AEW
4,161 Posts
I'm honestly starting to worry that Balor is going to beat Bray, because this is so obvious. He's taking time off, Bray has a new character, they're playing up that Balor is off his game. The announcers even said "how can Balor overcome this?". I can see something stupid where Balor gets a fluke and then Bray beats him down and injures him, and they think it's "good heat", or it "protects both guys" or something stupid, but in reality it'll just kill the character.
Oh, fuck. That's such a Vince thing to do.

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
Why? You know they're not gonna push him regardless lol. If they were gonna do anything with him he would've been the surprise MITB winner instead of Bork. He'll be dancing with Hornswoggle by the end of the year.
Bray Wyatt's character carrying around a bright red briefcase wouldn't be a very fitting visual. Well.....I guess the Mr. Rogers Bray it could work for, but not The Fiend. That image is just counter productive. You can't pretend to be scared of this dark character when he's carrying around a little red lunch box.

WWE never gives people, especially not guys who weren't mega main eventers, huge pushes straight out of the gate on return anyway. It almost never happens. They always put them back through the system and then they get there gradually, so I don't read anything bad into him not winning. It's not like the MITB case guarantees a push, either. If they want Bray to win the title, he can just win the title. That's how he did it the first time.

They wanted to put the title on Brock and have a rematch with Seth, and they needed a way to make that happen. MITB is that way. I don't think it means ANYTHING in regards to Bray Wyatt.

Regardless, ultimately you're right, I know he'll fail to get the push he deserves, but can I at least try to enjoy it for the brief run where he's still portrayed as a winner? Please? I get so little from this company, I want to prolong the time until this character is killed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.