Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two times. Two times I thought Mysterio was coming back to challenge Del Rio. Night after Summerslam, we get Ricardo talking about someone who will make the Mexican people proud, and we get RVD. Now RVD is gone for now. We've heard the reports that Mysterio coming back this month. So again, I'm thinking last night "It's got to be Rey" and we get F'n John Cena. I mean, if my jaw could physically hit the floor it would have.

So, unless this Cena thing is just a smokescreen, it looks like Rey is not coming back into the WHC scene. So, what do you think he will do when does return. My best guess is reforming his team w/ Sin Cara and perhaps even trying to get to a Wrestlemania match between the two.

And for the love of God can we keep the Rey injury jokes out. They've all gotten really old up to this point.

·
I DIDN"T ASK FOR THIS
13,358 Posts
Rey & Cara ARE OVER and from what I read awhile back they have absolutely no desire of bringing that failed experiment back.

·
Registered
27,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rey & Cara ARE OVER and from what I read awhile back they have absolutely no desire of bringing that failed experiment back.
Yeah but plans easily change. I mean, what else can Mysterio do now?

And I wouldn't call it a failure from a performance level. When the tag division was first starting to be revived in 2012, Rey and Cara were a big part of that. They were, at least in my eyes, were working well together and performing well. Sin Cara was getting mover in the process b/c he was working w/ Rey. In the end, the only thing that stopped this was Rey getting hurt again.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Legend though he is, we don't need Rey now we have the little bull. Shorter, faster, younger, a clear improvement on the old model.

·
I DIDN"T ASK FOR THIS
13,358 Posts
Yeah but plans easily change. I mean, what else can Mysterio do now?

And I wouldn't call it a failure from a performance level. When the tag division was first starting to be revived in 2012, Rey and Cara were a big part of that. They were, at least in my eyes, were working well together and performing well. Sin Cara was getting mover in the process b/c he was working w/ Rey. In the end, the only thing that stopped this was Rey getting hurt again.
I know plans change but Sin Cara to them has completely flopped and they want Mysterio doing bigger things than being stuck with a lost cause. No use in bringing back something that has two injury prone guys that have zero shot at winning anything. Also there talk of pairing Ricardo with Mysterio anyways.

Mysterio vs Del Rio can happen with the old bait & switch anyways (actually think that might happen) and they will have Cena just appear in the European Tour & Holiday Tour as a Special Guest like he has been recently advertised.

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
Mysterio need to comeback for one last match, Mistico should be fired and Jonathan Figueroa should be the new Sin Cara

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I'd like him to come back for one big match and then retire. Maybe a surprise return at the RR and then have a send off match at Mania. He deserves that but don't want him on the roster, he's way past it.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
The Rey ship has long since sailed. Retirement is his next move.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
He needs to just stay at home tbh.

·
Read Only
1,147 Posts
I get the feeling his high flying moveset is going to be severely reduced due to ring rust,age and injuries. Without his signature moves he is going to struggle, it will probably be a retirement run if he doesn't get injured again.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
a feud with Del Rio and wwe can set that feud up easy by have Ricardo want payback on del rio and ricardo say rey Mysterio is come back at raw.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts